Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

NFL 2009!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 09:23 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pjinca' post='1016724' date='Sep 25 2009, 09:30 AM
I actually agree with you on this post. Yes, Brady COULD end up winning more titles. So can Ben and Eli, now remember, even as a HUGE Steelers fan I am reluctant to put Ben anywhere near the greats. Ben is a great GAME MANAGER, meaning he seems to find ways not to cost the Steelers too many games. Which is exactly what we need (and it's also the impression I have of Bradshaw). I am not myopic in my fandom, I realize Ben and Terry had great defenses that were the main reasons they won - not their "great play" at their position. There are a good number of QB's I would place in front of Bradshaw, some won titles and some didn't but they each made their teams much better - like: Unitas, Starr, Thiesman (career too short to be "great"), Fouts, Elway, et al.

Is Brady a very good QB, sure, can we say honestly he's the Greatest of all time? Not really, when defining greatness we have to look at the whole pallet of work not just one season (in this case 2007) especially when that season did not result in a championship.
I agree with you as well. Ben is the best game manager in the game. His size, ability to scramble and keep plays alive on 3rd down is unmatched by anyone in the nfl. Does he put up the 350 yard 5 td games like Brady, Brees, and Manning? No, but he doesnt even have the chance to do it. The play calling for the steelers is completely different from what Tom and Peyton get.

Is Brady the best of all time? No. Could be prove to be? Yes. If he goes on to win more super bowl's, mvp's, and continues putting up the yards and tds it will be hard to deny he isnt the greatest.

Another thing to consider the NFL now has guys like James Harrison who are near 300 pounds of solid muscle running 4.58's chasing these poor little qbs around. There werent guys like that in the old days on the Dline trying to kill you. I know you old timers will tell me about the toughest linebackers and all that from the 60s, 70s, and 80s but the size and speed of the current dline men isnt even close to how slow the old guys used to be. People like Freeney, Osi, Harrison, Mario Williams didnt exist back then.

Anyways, i think we have had enough Tom Brady, Big Ben, and Eli talk for the year. Im excited the year has started. My first NFL game of this year will be the Chiefs at home against the Cowgirls. Im excited for that!
Old 09-25-2009, 11:11 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

Originally Posted by pjinca' post='1016724
I agree with you as well. Ben is the best game manager in the game. His size, ability to scramble and keep plays alive on 3rd down is unmatched by anyone in the nfl. Does he put up the 350 yard 5 td games like Brady, Brees, and Manning? No, but he doesnt even have the chance to do it. The play calling for the steelers is completely different from what Tom and Peyton get.

Is Brady the best of all time? No. Could be prove to be? Yes. If he goes on to win more super bowl's, mvp's, and continues putting up the yards and tds it will be hard to deny he isnt the greatest.

Another thing to consider the NFL now has guys like James Harrison who are near 300 pounds of solid muscle running 4.58's chasing these poor little qbs around. There werent guys like that in the old days on the Dline trying to kill you. I know you old timers will tell me about the toughest linebackers and all that from the 60s, 70s, and 80s but the size and speed of the current dline men isnt even close to how slow the old guys used to be. People like Freeney, Osi, Harrison, Mario Williams didnt exist back then.

Anyways, i think we have had enough Tom Brady, Big Ben, and Eli talk for the year. Im excited the year has started. My first NFL game of this year will be the Chiefs at home against the Cowgirls. Im excited for that!
Awwwwwww, I love it when we all get along.

AWG: Cowgirls??? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!
Old 09-25-2009, 11:22 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by porsche911targa' post='1016953' date='Sep 25 2009, 12:11 PM
Awwwwwww, I love it when we all get along.

AWG: Cowgirls??? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!

Well at least we seem to have found some common ground. I agree that Ben is not expected to put up Peyton #'s - that's not Steelers football. We have always relied on a strong defense and a good running game. The reason the Steelers won't repeat this year (although they will play a big role in some of their opponents not making the playoffs) is the fact that the offensive line was not addressed in the offseason. It sucks, we have potentially of the better running backs in the NFL, but the O-line is so horrible they can't get going. This was proven against Chicago, the one outstanding block I saw resulted in Mendenhall going for 39 yards.
Old 09-25-2009, 01:27 PM
Contributors

Did anyone else crack a beer open just reading this thread? It's like im watching sports center on ESPN but with the melodrama hahaha
Old 09-25-2009, 01:33 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Speed_Force_E60' post='1017079' date='Sep 25 2009, 02:27 PM
Did anyone else crack a beer open just reading this thread? It's like im watching sports center on ESPN but with the melodrama hahaha
Eh, I am mostly on while at work so can't have a beer. I'll have to have one soon
Old 09-25-2009, 02:46 PM
Contributors

I think this thread is more like PTI than Sports Center
Old 09-25-2009, 03:19 PM
Contributors

What's PTI?
Old 09-25-2009, 03:21 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Speed_Force_E60' post='1017174' date='Sep 25 2009, 04:19 PM
What's PTI?

Pardon The Interruption - where 2 guys argue the sports issues of the day under a time limit. The only thing we're missing is the time limit - we get to argue FOREVER
Old 09-25-2009, 04:32 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

Originally Posted by pjinca' post='1017175' date='Sep 25 2009, 07:21 PM
Pardon The Interruption - where 2 guys argue the sports issues of the day under a time limit. The only thing we're missing is the time limit - we get to argue FOREVER
The only difference is that instead of 2 guys arguing, you got whipped by a very knowledgeable lady.

AWG 4ever!!!!!
Old 09-25-2009, 04:35 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by porsche911targa' post='1017229' date='Sep 25 2009, 05:32 PM
The only difference is that instead of 2 guys arguing, you got whipped by a very knowledgeable lady.

AWG 4ever!!!!!

Whipped?!??! On what point exactly? (sorry AWG and I have a history so I block all her posts)

Quick Reply: NFL 2009!!!