Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

NFL 2009!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 05:16 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Alpine White Girl' post='1093748' date='Jan 19 2010, 09:03 PM
comparing these two coaches is insane. Norv has continued his choking ways year after year. The first year him and chargers made the playoffs they won 3 playoff games, lost in the afc championship. The next year he won 2 playoff games, the year after that 1, and finally when in the best position to win he choked at home and didnt win a single playoff game. December record is great and everything but means nothing in the big picture....they havent reached the super bowl once. Bill on the other hand has coached in 4 and won 3. If David Tyee doesnt make the best catch in super bowl history the pats and bill are 4 for 4.

Norv is bad.....no more making excuses for him. They have a free ride to the playoffs but piss it away every year.
My point was, even the greatest coaches make silly and questionable decisions that cost them games... does it ultimately make them the "Worst Coach"??? That's insane!

How many times did the Colts choke in the playoffs to get where they are at now? And if I remember correctly, they were stripped away twice in the last decade by the Chargers for a chance at the BIG GAME. Every team has a stepping stone, fortunately this year only proves the Chargers will get better and continue to improve as the years come. A bad coach doesn't bring a team to 13-3 regardless of how many pro bowlers there are, and as you stated it's the head coaches job to put them in the best situation to win which is why he took them down this 11 game streak. We know Norv and Turner work well together and that is a Fact! But hey, you want to blame the entire loss on Norv then go ahead, that's your perogative... fact is, the Jets just played a better game.
Old 01-19-2010, 07:43 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Speed_Force_E60' post='1093760' date='Jan 19 2010, 09:16 PM
My point was, even the greatest coaches make silly and questionable decisions that cost them games... does it ultimately make them the "Worst Coach"??? That's insane!

How many times did the Colts choke in the playoffs to get where they are at now? And if I remember correctly, they were stripped away twice in the last decade by the Chargers for a chance at the BIG GAME. Every team has a stepping stone, fortunately this year only proves the Chargers will get better and continue to improve as the years come. A bad coach doesn't bring a team to 13-3 regardless of how many pro bowlers there are, and as you stated it's the head coaches job to put them in the best situation to win which is why he took them down this 11 game streak. We know Norv and Turner work well together and that is a Fact! But hey, you want to blame the entire loss on Norv then go ahead, that's your perogative... fact is, the Jets just played a better game.
I dont think the Colts choked. They were beat by a more rounded team nearly early year. They were dominated by the pats. The pats were clearly a more complete football team. They had offense and defense, where the colts were trying to score 50 every game to win. Did you see the stat about peyton mannings career win/lose record? After his victory over the Ravens he is now 8-8 in the playoffs. Not exactly a stellar record.

Im not putting the jets game entirely on Norv. Players need to play and coaches need to coach. He never seems to out coach anyone. He continues to make TERRIBLE calls and make big time mistakes. The chargers had the 11th (im pretty sure it was 11th) ranked run defense. Kick the ball deep, you know the jets are going to run. Man up, stop them, and give Rivers a chance.

There is really no point to continue this. I think hes terrible. You still want to give him a chance. This is all our opinions that will never change things. Im not going to convince you he is a complete jackoff and you will never convince me hes a good coach. Time will tell if he can get it done or not.
Old 01-20-2010, 05:00 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

Originally Posted by Alpine White Girl' post='1093641' date='Jan 19 2010, 05:23 PM
Glad you guys liked the kicker joke....i was ready to take some heat about that isnt something to joke about blah blah blah..

I cant believe it. Hes terrible. There is no rhyme or reason to his play calling or his coaching.
Don't feel bad, yesterday I went to McDonald's where they had the usual January special:

100% All-Crow Waaaaaaaaamburger; Your choice of French Cries or a LaDainian Tomlinson Turnover;
And a Choke-A-Cola.
Old 01-20-2010, 05:54 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 535i: (8/07 Build) Metallic Bronze, Beige NASCA Leather, Ventilated Seats, Sport Pkg, Cold Wxr Pkg, Logic-7 Sound, HUD, Night Vision, PDC, Split Rear Seats, NAV, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, HD Radio, Sport Auto Trans Current mods: M-Aero Kit, JB4, Motorcepts 6000k HID Foglamps Umnitza ICE-Lite 10w LED 6000k AE's 1992 Camaro RS: Fully Restored w/Custom Interior, 5.0L V8, T-tops, OEM Z28 Foglamps, Inst Cluster, & Spoiler, Custom Sound, Too many engine mods to list

Originally Posted by Alpine White Girl' post='1093833' date='Jan 19 2010, 11:43 PM
I dont think the Colts choked. They were beat by a more rounded team nearly early year. They were dominated by the pats. The pats were clearly a more complete football team. They had offense and defense, where the colts were trying to score 50 every game to win. Did you see the stat about peyton mannings career win/lose record? After his victory over the Ravens he is now 8-8 in the playoffs. Not exactly a stellar record.
I think the Colts did cough up a home playoff game to the Steelers a few years ago - they were struggling against a team they easily beat once before and their FG kicker (who was referred to as the all-time leader in accuracy at the time), blew and I mean BLEW a chip shot that would have tied the game.

My point is ALOT of teams lost home playoff games they should have won - and not to teams that were more rounded, but to teams that were either luckier or just simply played better that day.

To quote a phrase: "Thats' why we play the games!"
Old 01-20-2010, 08:31 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

Originally Posted by Speed_Force_E60' post='1093760' date='Jan 19 2010, 09:16 PM

......and your point reinforces my point that even great coaches lose if they don't have the players or if the players don't execute.
Old 01-20-2010, 03:02 PM
Contributors

prob a re post but i love it NFL 2009!!!-21564_1344250133460_1447461983_975943_2582363_n.jpg
Old 01-20-2010, 03:27 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Old 01-21-2010, 12:33 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 535i: (8/07 Build) Metallic Bronze, Beige NASCA Leather, Ventilated Seats, Sport Pkg, Cold Wxr Pkg, Logic-7 Sound, HUD, Night Vision, PDC, Split Rear Seats, NAV, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, HD Radio, Sport Auto Trans Current mods: M-Aero Kit, JB4, Motorcepts 6000k HID Foglamps Umnitza ICE-Lite 10w LED 6000k AE's 1992 Camaro RS: Fully Restored w/Custom Interior, 5.0L V8, T-tops, OEM Z28 Foglamps, Inst Cluster, & Spoiler, Custom Sound, Too many engine mods to list

He's probably still looking for that license plate........
Old 01-22-2010, 11:45 AM
Senior Members

Ohhhh... it's old balls Farve..... we'll see how he can do against the Saint's
Old 01-22-2010, 11:51 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by Audi_Eatter' post='1095851' date='Jan 22 2010, 12:45 PM
Ohhhh... it's old balls Farve..... we'll see how he can do against the Saint's
old balls has been doing well all season tho....definitely the game to watch this weekend...

Quick Reply: NFL 2009!!!