Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

NFL 2009!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 08:43 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

Originally Posted by sdg1871' post='1092817' date='Jan 18 2010, 11:03 AM
+2. Norv Turner sucked when he was coach of the Redskins and he still sucks today.
Last I checked, coaches don't play the actual game. If the players don't execute, there's nothing any coach can do.
Old 01-18-2010, 01:02 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by porsche911targa' post='1092879' date='Jan 18 2010, 01:43 PM
Last I checked, coaches don't play the actual game. If the players don't execute, there's nothing any coach can do.
True but how many bad coaches win games in the playoffs? or superbowls? Norv turner has continued to choke when it matters most. He never wins the games that matter. He has pro bowl talent at nearly every position and they continue to stumble in the playoffs. No excuses for the players because they do need to execute....but the coach has to put his players in the best position to win. Norv always has that stupid puzzled look on his old face when he gets out coached every year in the playoffs.
Old 01-18-2010, 03:50 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Dinan 545i

Originally Posted by Alpine White Girl' post='1093084' date='Jan 18 2010, 02:02 PM
True but how many bad coaches win games in the playoffs? or superbowls? Norv turner has continued to choke when it matters most. He never wins the games that matter. He has pro bowl talent at nearly every position and they continue to stumble in the playoffs. No excuses for the players because they do need to execute....but the coach has to put his players in the best position to win. Norv always has that stupid puzzled look on his old face when he gets out coached every year in the playoffs.
Agreed.

Norvelle Turner can only be successful if there is already a strong headcoach in place. I'll admit that I think he's pretty good as an offensive coordinator but he is not headcoaching material.
He tends to forget about players like LT for example - LT could have been used a lot more than he was in that game. Sproles is fast as hell but he's not LT. There's a reason why LT is headed for the Hall of Fame. Yet, Norvelle forgets that he even has him on his team.

Norvelle also tends to forget about his gameplan. It's like he sets about trying to execute a certain part of the offensive scheme, then forgets about it later on in the game. He's got no discipline to stay on course with what is working. Why not just keep posting up Antonio Gates until the opposing defense shows that it can consistently shut it down, he could then go to LT or Vincent Jackson or Sproles (to keep defenses of balance).

Loohoo - zerher..
Old 01-18-2010, 03:59 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 535i: (8/07 Build) Metallic Bronze, Beige NASCA Leather, Ventilated Seats, Sport Pkg, Cold Wxr Pkg, Logic-7 Sound, HUD, Night Vision, PDC, Split Rear Seats, NAV, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, HD Radio, Sport Auto Trans Current mods: M-Aero Kit, JB4, Motorcepts 6000k HID Foglamps Umnitza ICE-Lite 10w LED 6000k AE's 1992 Camaro RS: Fully Restored w/Custom Interior, 5.0L V8, T-tops, OEM Z28 Foglamps, Inst Cluster, & Spoiler, Custom Sound, Too many engine mods to list

I'm not going to comment on Norv Turner's track record. As for the Charger's playoff futility - it wasn't too long ago when Marty Schottenheimer coached them to 14-2 and they still got beat at home in the playoffs.

I firmly believe that coaches don't win games - players do.

As for putting the players in the best position to win - Norv Turner did a pretty good job considering the hand he was dealt. The Jets defense showed up, his FG kicker did not.
Old 01-18-2010, 04:19 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Dinan 545i

^ Agreed ^

However, all things being equal in football, a good coach will always be the one to tip the scales.
In yesterday's game it was great offense vs great defense and Norvelle neededed to do something different to win that battle but he didn't.

It just shows that Rex Ryan - as a coach - was better at neutralizing SDs offense than Norvelle was at attacking the Jets and keeping their defense guessing.
Old 01-18-2010, 10:17 PM
Contributors

It was a good run.... i just hope to see the Chargers win at least one superbowl before i die... we're the only AFC west team without a Lombardi Trophy
Old 01-19-2010, 05:40 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

Originally Posted by olskooldj' post='1093160' date='Jan 18 2010, 07:50 PM
Agreed.

Norvelle Turner can only be successful if there is already a strong headcoach in place. I'll admit that I think he's pretty good as an offensive coordinator but he is not headcoaching material.
He tends to forget about players like LT for example - LT could have been used a lot more than he was in that game. Sproles is fast as hell but he's not LT. There's a reason why LT is headed for the Hall of Fame. Yet, Norvelle forgets that he even has him on his team.

Norvelle also tends to forget about his gameplan. It's like he sets about trying to execute a certain part of the offensive scheme, then forgets about it later on in the game. He's got no discipline to stay on course with what is working. Why not just keep posting up Antonio Gates until the opposing defense shows that it can consistently shut it down, he could then go to LT or Vincent Jackson or Sproles (to keep defenses of balance).

Loohoo - zerher..
Yeah, who knows? Maybe the mafia told him: "U use-ah LT-ah, an wee break-ah u legs-ah, capiche? Take-ah a dive-ah for da familia. OK, goomba?"
Old 01-19-2010, 06:00 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by pukka' post='1093165' date='Jan 18 2010, 08:59 PM
I'm not going to comment on Norv Turner's track record. As for the Charger's playoff futility - it wasn't too long ago when Marty Schottenheimer coached them to 14-2 and they still got beat at home in the playoffs.

I firmly believe that coaches don't win games - players do.

As for putting the players in the best position to win - Norv Turner did a pretty good job considering the hand he was dealt. The Jets defense showed up, his FG kicker did not.
Marty didnt win the big games either, so they axed him.

Apparently Nate Keading tried to commit suicide. He tried to hang himself and when he went to kick the chair out, he missed.
Old 01-19-2010, 06:09 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Alpine White Girl' post='1093351' date='Jan 19 2010, 10:00 AM
Marty didnt win the big games either, so they axed him.

Apparently Nate Keading tried to commit suicide. He tried to hang himself and when he went to kick the chair out, he missed.
Old 01-19-2010, 06:14 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by Alpine White Girl' post='1093351' date='Jan 19 2010, 07:00 AM

Quick Reply: NFL 2009!!!