Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

NFL 2009!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2010, 07:38 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

Originally Posted by Alpine White Girl' post='1083629' date='Jan 3 2010, 07:30 PM
pretty solid day....chiefs own the donkeys and bounce them from the playoff picture and the steelers fall short. im not going to complain
Good grief, we had Giants and Steelers fans making the loudest noise here before the season started and they're awfully quiet now. Meanwhile we have a team led by the 2nd best QB ever (Joe Montana being the first) who are going to the playoff, having done that without a shred of defense or much offensive line. Yes, I'm talking about the Patriots. We have just found out that Brady has been playing with broken ribs since pre-season, on top of coming back from a total knee reconstruction. Who here would say that pretty boy Manning would be this tough and still make the playoffs with a reconstructed knee and broken ribs?

They may not go very far in the playoff, especially with Welker out of the picture, but these Pats are truly a hard working team that tries to make the best out of whatever little talent their young players have. This team is going to be a force to be reckoned with for years to come and they do so humbly week in and week out. No arrogant Superbowl Shuffle will ever be made by this team......
Old 01-03-2010, 08:24 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by porsche911targa' post='1083741' date='Jan 3 2010, 08:38 PM
Good grief, we had Giants and Steelers fans making the loudest noise here before the season started and they're awfully quiet now. Meanwhile we have a team led by the 2nd best QB ever (Joe Montana being the first) who are going to the playoff, having done that without a shred of defense or much offensive line. Yes, I'm talking about the Patriots. We have just found out that Brady has been playing with broken ribs since pre-season, on top of coming back from a total knee reconstruction. Who here would say that pretty boy Manning would be this tough and still make the playoffs with a reconstructed knee and broken ribs?

They may not go very far in the playoff, especially with Welker out of the picture, but these Pats are truly a hard working team that tries to make the best out of whatever little talent their young players have. This team is going to be a force to be reckoned with for years to come and they do so humbly week in and week out. No arrogant Superbowl Shuffle will ever be made by this team......

Hmm, sounds like you're making excuses for Brady and Co. already. I thought all Patsies fans were confident to the end. When did the Steelers make the "SB Shuffle"? That was the 85 Bears, the Steelers are always blue collar workmen who just go and do their jobs - no prima donnas there and no receivers who give up and dog it in ANY game.
Old 01-03-2010, 10:32 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pjinca' post='1083759' date='Jan 4 2010, 01:24 AM
Hmm, sounds like you're making excuses for Brady and Co. already. I thought all Patsies fans were confident to the end. When did the Steelers make the "SB Shuffle"? That was the 85 Bears, the Steelers are always blue collar workmen who just go and do their jobs - no prima donnas there and no receivers who give up and dog it in ANY game.
Not true... Santonio "I SMOKE BLUNTS ALL DAY" Holmes is a quitter, underachiever, lazy ass clown.

If he worked half as hard as Ward he would be amazing.

Excuses are what people make for Romo and the boys. Broken index finger on your throwing hand and multiple broken ribs are both pretty good reasons to come up just a bit short. Not to mention the pats losing welker is bigger than losing anyone other than Tom Brady. Welker leads the nfl is receptions and i think yards. Not for sure on yards but i know coming into today he was leading in receptions.

The steelers on the other hand had a super bowl winning team in tact and couldnt even make the playoffs in the AFC (which is down significantly from last year) Loses to the Chiefs, Browns, and Raiders LOL. Remember last year when the AFC was amazingly good? The pats missed the playoffs going 11-5 and this year all it took was 9-7.
Old 01-04-2010, 05:05 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

Originally Posted by Alpine White Girl' post='1083809' date='Jan 4 2010, 02:32 AM
Not true... Santonio "I SMOKE BLUNTS ALL DAY" Holmes is a quitter, underachiever, lazy ass clown.

If he worked half as hard as Ward he would be amazing.

Excuses are what people make for Romo and the boys. Broken index finger on your throwing hand and multiple broken ribs are both pretty good reasons to come up just a bit short. Not to mention the pats losing welker is bigger than losing anyone other than Tom Brady. Welker leads the nfl is receptions and i think yards. Not for sure on yards but i know coming into today he was leading in receptions.

The steelers on the other hand had a super bowl winning team in tact and couldnt even make the playoffs in the AFC (which is down significantly from last year) Loses to the Chiefs, Browns, and Raiders LOL. Remember last year when the AFC was amazingly good? The pats missed the playoffs going 11-5 and this year all it took was 9-7.
AWG, they went 10-6, this year. I call the Jets in the Super Bowl.
Old 01-04-2010, 05:47 AM
Contributors

Hmm, maybe the member that seems to take pathetic and sad pride in poking at me should reread this:

https://5series.net/forums/index.php...opic=85171&hl=

I am not going to partake in anyones meaningless rantings anymore. If there is a fun little sports argument, no problem (like 911targa). But please no more drivel.
Old 01-04-2010, 09:59 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by pjinca' post='1083895' date='Jan 4 2010, 09:47 AM
Hmm, maybe the member that seems to take pathetic and sad pride in poking at me should reread this:

https://5series.net/forums/index.php...opic=85171&hl=

I am not going to partake in anyones meaningless rantings anymore. If there is a fun little sports argument, no problem (like 911targa). But please no more drivel.
Having said that: The Pats are in the playoffs!!!!!
Old 01-04-2010, 10:02 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by porsche911targa' post='1083984' date='Jan 4 2010, 10:59 AM
Having said that: The Pats are in the playoffs!!!!!
Perfect back to the subject: The Pats will go no further than the second round IF they get past Balt. The loss of Welker cannot be underestimated or made up for.

Got to admit, it's nice to see I have affected AWG enough that she must think about me constantly. I hope I drive her crazy but then what else is there to do in Neb
Old 01-04-2010, 10:22 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 530i. Purchased 6/28/07. Titanium Silver Metallic, Black Dakota Leather, Dark Poplar Trim, Steptronic, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, Bluetooth, Adaptive Control Xenons. 10/30/07 Added OEM 124s with 245/40/18 & 275/35/18 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires. Installed red Cal Covers� from BavAuto. 11/21/07 Added OEM all-weather floor mats (for winter, carpet in summer) and coat rack. 6/26/08 installed M5-style rear spoiler. 6/30/08 put on red reflectors. 8/22/08 Euro turn signal stickers applied. 3/20/09 Installed Shadowline Trim. 3/27/09 Added Matte Black Kidney Grilles from Trinity. 4/03/09 Installed Bimmian Shadow Matte Black 530i Badges. 4/04/09 Installed LED license plate lights from Trinity. 5/01/09 Installed Brabus Interior LED Kit and White Angel Eyes. 5/02/09 Put in Brabus 6K Fogs. 5/14/09 Removed charcoal filter. 5/15/09 Installed light smoke LED side marker lamps from Trinity. 5/21/09 Sprint Booster. 6/12/09 Painted exhaust tips flat black. 6/13/09 Pulled red Cal Covers and painted calipers low gloss black. 6/27/09 RPI Ram Air Scoop from Trinity. 8/15/09 Installed Brabus's silver invisibulbs front and rear. 9/24/09 Installed R-Dash license plate LEDs from Brabaus (John).

All I have is pathetic and sad pride. Better than no pride at all.
Old 01-04-2010, 10:52 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by pjinca' post='1083986' date='Jan 4 2010, 02:02 PM
Perfect back to the subject: The Pats will go no further than the second round IF they get past Balt. The loss of Welker cannot be underestimated or made up for.
I bet they can't wait to join their Steelers buddies for some golf.
Actually, I never do any trash talking until AFTER the fact, but I think that Welker's loss may be a blessing in disguise because the Pats shine best under adversity. Someone will see this as an opportunity to a meal ticket and will come up big time; this is how Tom Brady came through the ranks, and thank God for that. I just feel sorry for those poor Colts.......
Old 01-04-2010, 11:09 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i just pray that the saints get back on track quick. this three game skid is no good, but that last game vs carolina was meaning less for everyone involved, so who cares. lets see how it all plays out. im thinking saints vs chargers in the sb. saints 34 chargers 27

Quick Reply: NFL 2009!!!