Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Formula 1, 2009

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 03:16 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ricracing' post='853233
PS. Are you in to motorcycle racing - MotoGP?
MotoGP is fantastic. Also watchin World Superbike, have to support Spies.
Old 04-20-2009, 03:45 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2007 530i. Purchased 6/28/07. Titanium Silver Metallic, Black Dakota Leather, Dark Poplar Trim, Steptronic, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, Bluetooth, Adaptive Control Xenons. 10/30/07 Added OEM 124s with 245/40/18 & 275/35/18 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires. Installed red Cal Covers� from BavAuto. 11/21/07 Added OEM all-weather floor mats (for winter, carpet in summer) and coat rack. 6/26/08 installed M5-style rear spoiler. 6/30/08 put on red reflectors. 8/22/08 Euro turn signal stickers applied. 3/20/09 Installed Shadowline Trim. 3/27/09 Added Matte Black Kidney Grilles from Trinity. 4/03/09 Installed Bimmian Shadow Matte Black 530i Badges. 4/04/09 Installed LED license plate lights from Trinity. 5/01/09 Installed Brabus Interior LED Kit and White Angel Eyes. 5/02/09 Put in Brabus 6K Fogs. 5/14/09 Removed charcoal filter. 5/15/09 Installed light smoke LED side marker lamps from Trinity. 5/21/09 Sprint Booster. 6/12/09 Painted exhaust tips flat black. 6/13/09 Pulled red Cal Covers and painted calipers low gloss black. 6/27/09 RPI Ram Air Scoop from Trinity. 8/15/09 Installed Brabus's silver invisibulbs front and rear. 9/24/09 Installed R-Dash license plate LEDs from Brabaus (John).

Originally Posted by Ricracing' post='853233' date='Apr 20 2009, 06:03 PM
Cool CWS530, we get into a discussion!

Did I say you where not into F1?
Sorry if a went for the US stereotype, but it has some ground learned from this Forum.

We don't live in igloos, it just looks like it in the winter, but we do race with reindeers and snowmobiles
and cars and motorcycles on ice.

But still, the high tech behind the F1's is compared to nothing, as you have followed the F1's, you know it.
There might be even a US team next year.

If you read my resumes about the Chines GP, you'll understand that I didn't give the Finns any good,
Heikki did a nice job but Kimi sucked as did the young Rosberg (half German).

I don't think the F1 is boring at all and it will be my number one sport to watch for years to come.

PS. Are you in to motorcycle racing - MotoGP?
Before baseball, basket and american football and any oval car racing that's my number three.
Number two goes to Ice Hockey

PPS. That great pic must be from Norway or Sweden...
Umm, yeah Ric, you did say that.

"The Formula 1's is such an high tech and complex event, that it don't open to someone
who's not really into it."

I've been to Helsinki and I believe I saw a few homes that were not igloos, but I wasn't sure as stereotypes are difficult to get past.

I'm aware of the USGP team through the Speed Channel announcement some time ago. I believe it was discussed in this thread as well.
I posted a link regarding speculation that Danica Patrick and Scott Speed were rumoured to be the drivers.

I do not think F-1 is boring at all, I just thought the CHINESE GP was a dull race.

Not a big follower of MotoGP, but I admire Nicky Hayden and the Ducati team. After F-1, I'd rather watch/attend football, futbol, or rugby matches.
Old 04-21-2009, 04:50 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

F1 isn't boring... especially if you follow these posts!

As for MotoGP; I don't follow it and only watch from time to time, but agree its incredible racing and riding

p.s. isn't that Michael Schumacher behind those reindeer?
Old 04-22-2009, 09:53 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by CWS530' post='853247' date='Apr 21 2009, 02:45 AM
I posted a link regarding speculation that Danica Patrick and Scott Speed were rumoured to be the drivers.
Danica Patrick in F1 would be a media spectacle, mmm

See video here!

Attached Thumbnails Formula 1, 2009-danica_patrick.jpg  
Old 04-22-2009, 09:57 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

^^ especially if she races dressed like that!
Old 04-22-2009, 01:55 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535d

Originally Posted by Ricracing' post='851918' date='Apr 19 2009, 09:00 PM
Button has been a "promise" for a long time and he's faster than Rubens.
He might be high in points in the end of the season.

We should also note young Sebastien Buemi, who did a really good race.

Most disappointed I'm about Adrian Sutil, who could well have taken
the first points for Force India but didn't have the nerve to do it.

Poor Lewis, he is going true a really bad time...
If Button is faster than Rubens and we all know that too well,... will some fools claim Button is given preferential treatment in the team compared to Rubens? I mean thats what some people used to say when rubens was racing next to schumacher in ferrari. I used to laugh when rueben made claims he was as fast as MS. I still do today when I think about it.

As for Lewis, he is having a bad time yes. But he only has himself to blame. Team Lewis have no idea how to get fans on their side and perhaps its because his PR manager has no idea how to do the job. Team lewis only think about themselves and that will alienate a lot of people in Mclaren garage and potential fans too.

I can't wait for the drama show on the 29th when Fia look into the lies. This is where F1 is really exciting.. its all about the off track soap opera and not about race day anymore.

cheers
Old 04-22-2009, 03:17 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i w/ Sports & Permium Pkg. Silv/Blk 2008 VW R32 w/Nav. 1992 VW Corrado Silv/Blk-retired 2001 530i Sports/Premium-retired

Originally Posted by pigapumbu' post='855633' date='Apr 22 2009, 05:55 PM
If Button is faster than Rubens and we all know that too well,... will some fools claim Button is given preferential treatment in the team compared to Rubens? I mean thats what some people used to say when rubens was racing next to schumacher in ferrari. I used to laugh when rueben made claims he was as fast as MS. I still do today when I think about it.

cheers
Yeh, because lord knows when it was just fate, or bad luck when time and again Rubens' car would have an engine failure, Rubens' car that would have the pit mishap, Rubens who would get the F'ed up pit strategy even though he was on pole, Rubens' that was made to step aside while in the lead and on and on......
Old 04-22-2009, 04:56 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by MiamiPhill' post='855713' date='Apr 22 2009, 04:17 PM
Yeh, because lord knows when it was just fate, or bad luck when time and again Rubens' car would have an engine failure, Rubens' car that would have the pit mishap, Rubens who would get the F'ed up pit strategy even though he was on pole, Rubens' that was made to step aside while in the lead and on and on......
Or the time when they made Rubens give up a win right before the finish line.

In 2002 at the Austrian Grand Prix, on the last lap Barrichello was ordered to pull aside and let Schumi win the race. Rubens had been faster than Schumacher all weekend. Arguably one of the most controversial F1 incidents ever.

I remember after the race an embarrassed Schumacher pushed Rubens onto the top step of the podium.

That day, I lost all respect for Ferrari and Schumacher.

And that wasn't the only time this happened. The season before, in Brazil, Rubens was ordered to give up second place to Schumacher.

Really just bitch moves, in my eyes.
Old 04-22-2009, 06:21 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i w/ Sports & Permium Pkg. Silv/Blk 2008 VW R32 w/Nav. 1992 VW Corrado Silv/Blk-retired 2001 530i Sports/Premium-retired

Originally Posted by JetBlack5OC' post='855817' date='Apr 22 2009, 08:56 PM

In 2002 at the Austrian Grand Prix, on the last lap Barrichello was ordered to pull aside and let Schumi win the race. Rubens had been faster than Schumacher all weekend. Arguably one of the most controversial F1 incidents ever.

I remember after the race an embarrassed Schumacher pushed Rubens onto the top step of the podium.

And that wasn't the only time this happened. The season before, in Brazil, Rubens was ordered to give up second place to Schumacher.

+1 100% correct! and totally unnecessary for a driver of Michael's quality.......and since I know the nonsense responses are coming, let me add some facts:
Rubens and Michael were team mates at Ferrari for 6 years, 2000-2005. In that time, Ferrari had 20 non-accident related DNFs (engine, gearbox, hydraulics, suspension etc.).
Michael Schumacher : 7
Rubens Barrichello : 13
In 2002, one of the most dominant seasons by an F1 driver and team, Ferrari won 15 of 17 races and was on the podium for the other 2, Rubens had 4 non-accident DNFs Michael had 0.
Old 04-23-2009, 04:01 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by JetBlack5OC' post='855817' date='Apr 23 2009, 03:56 AM

+10000 AMEN!

Quick Reply: Formula 1, 2009