Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Assault Weapons Ban in the Works

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 05:37 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 525i, mystic blue metallic, black leather interior, dark poplar wood trim, premium package, navigation, iPod, park distance control, voice activation, bluetooth. Mods: Full M-Tech Kit, ACS Rep Rear Window Spoiler, ACS Rep Rear Deck Spoiler, ACS Rep Quad Diffuser, ACS Rep Exhaust Tips, Remus Duel Exhaust, De-badge, 20% Tint Front and Rear, Umnitza Predator Ice V2, HID fog lights, Clear Side Marker Light Bulbs (yellow when on), Dark Poplar Wood Shifter, Dark Poplar Wood e-Brake Handle, Dark Poplar Wood Steering Wheel Inserts, OEM Steel Pedals, OEM M Footrest, 19 inch OEM 121s (Summer), 18 inch 124s (Winter), Shadowline Window Trim, Blacked-out Kidney Grills

Yeah, for tactical work the G18 is tops. You can go single shot with it or full auto to lay down suppression fire. That on the hip (with a more concealable 17 round mag), a couple spare 33 rounders in the other hip and a G26 on the ankle - a great set-up.

For the last several years though, I have been a devoted Sig guy.
Old 03-01-2009, 09:33 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '04 530d Executive, all options except sunroof and comfort seats ECU remapped by ZipTuning to 260+bhp.

Originally Posted by rogerj' post='804401' date='Mar 1 2009, 07:14 AM
Who said owning guns was the answer to everything? Please share your info with the rest of us.
Why is it such a big deal then when you lose your rights to assault rifles?

The Netherlands... aka Never Did Anything For Anybody... What is your contribution to the rest of the world?

OVER SOFT in the NETHERLANDS. Is there a more appropriate name in a less important country?
Dude, get your f*cking facts straight, Holland was one of the most important countries in exploration, science and trading history.
I know you think Europe is one country and you don't know anything other than: "You can buy drugs in Amsterdam"...
OverSoft was my nick for a long time, it was my first software company...

So, just buy your f*cking guns and blow each others brains out, i don't care...

/edit:
I just want to say that i laugh at how easily you are offended when somebody says something about your precious country.
Oh, and thanks for crashing the entire financial system, "great" US of A.
Old 03-01-2009, 11:41 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2007 530i. Purchased 6/28/07. Titanium Silver Metallic, Black Dakota Leather, Dark Poplar Trim, Steptronic, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, Bluetooth, Adaptive Control Xenons. 10/30/07 Added OEM 124s with 245/40/18 & 275/35/18 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires. Installed red Cal Covers� from BavAuto. 11/21/07 Added OEM all-weather floor mats (for winter, carpet in summer) and coat rack. 6/26/08 installed M5-style rear spoiler. 6/30/08 put on red reflectors. 8/22/08 Euro turn signal stickers applied. 3/20/09 Installed Shadowline Trim. 3/27/09 Added Matte Black Kidney Grilles from Trinity. 4/03/09 Installed Bimmian Shadow Matte Black 530i Badges. 4/04/09 Installed LED license plate lights from Trinity. 5/01/09 Installed Brabus Interior LED Kit and White Angel Eyes. 5/02/09 Put in Brabus 6K Fogs. 5/14/09 Removed charcoal filter. 5/15/09 Installed light smoke LED side marker lamps from Trinity. 5/21/09 Sprint Booster. 6/12/09 Painted exhaust tips flat black. 6/13/09 Pulled red Cal Covers and painted calipers low gloss black. 6/27/09 RPI Ram Air Scoop from Trinity. 8/15/09 Installed Brabus's silver invisibulbs front and rear. 9/24/09 Installed R-Dash license plate LEDs from Brabaus (John).

Originally Posted by rogerj' post='804401' date='Mar 1 2009, 12:14 AM
Who said owning guns was the answer to everything? Please share your info with the rest of us.

The Netherlands... aka Never Did Anything For Anybody... What is your contribution to the rest of the world?

OVER SOFT in the NETHERLANDS. Is there a more appropriate name in a less important country?
Oh, for the love of God! Certainly no one can be this ignorant of world affairs? Have you ever read a history book? New York used to be New Amsterdam. What kind of a word is Brooklyn (hint: Dutch for "Broken Land"). The Dutch were conquering the world before what is now US land had even been discovered by Europeans. The US used them as a Nation-As-Model during our foundation. Is that not a contribution? How about CDs, CD-ROM, Audio tape, microscopes, telescopes, mercury thermometers, and pendulum clocks? Rembrandt, Van Gogh, Vermeer? How about the engineering it took (and takes to maintain) to reclaim land from the sea and make it usable?

Still not ringing a bell? How about: Heineken = BEER. Beer good.
Old 03-01-2009, 01:36 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by OverSoft' post='804269' date='Feb 28 2009, 07:10 PM
I'm sorry if i'm offending your country, but there's a reason the whole world thinks the USA is crazy...
I won't comment any further in this thread, but if you guys think owning guns is the answer to everything, you are the guys who need therapy, not the rest of the world...

Yes im sure you can speak for the entire world, that seems very reasonable. Try asking people in Africa what they think of the US and youll find that they are very positive towards us.

Nobody said owning guns solves anything, but you seem to believe that not owning and even banning guns is the answer.
Old 03-01-2009, 02:18 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '04 530d Executive, all options except sunroof and comfort seats ECU remapped by ZipTuning to 260+bhp.

Originally Posted by PraiseTheLowered' post='804765' date='Mar 1 2009, 11:36 PM
Yes im sure you can speak for the entire world, that seems very reasonable. Try asking people in Africa what they think of the US and youll find that they are very positive towards us.

Nobody said owning guns solves anything, but you seem to believe that not owning and even banning guns is the answer.
No, that's not what i'm saying, but i do say owning guns doesn't add anything.
Almost all countries have anti-gun laws and those countries run fine. Also, gun deathrates are incredible in America. There surely must be a reason for this...

About the Africa thing, i think Africa has a very positive additude against almost all countries, because almost every country has some sort of third world help program.
Heck, my country even gives 0,8% of the GDP to the third world.
I think Africans couldn't care less that there are gun laws on the other side of the world.
Old 03-01-2009, 02:53 PM
Members

My Ride: '05 545i Sport - MANUAL - Jet Black/Black 20" Miro Time Attacks, Bimmian Carbon Kidneys

All I know is, I've got like 900 bucks worth of H&K mags for a 5.56 (thank you Marine Corps... It's not stealing if the armory didn't ask for them back after the deployments...) and I still don't have the gun to put them in. I should probably get on that, huh? Anybody got an AR you're willing to part with?
Old 03-01-2009, 02:59 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by MisledYouth' post='804803' date='Mar 1 2009, 03:53 PM
All I know is, I've got like 900 bucks worth of H&K mags for a 5.56 (thank you Marine Corps... It's not stealing if the armory didn't ask for them back after the deployments...) and I still don't have the gun to put them in. I should probably get on that, huh? Anybody got an AR you're willing to part with?

lol its not CIF if they dont know they had it to begin with
Old 03-01-2009, 03:34 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i, Sport and Premium package, Titanium Silver with Black Dakota Leather interior

Originally Posted by OverSoft' post='804610' date='Mar 1 2009, 01:33 PM
Why is it such a big deal then when you lose your rights to assault rifles

Dude, get your f*cking facts straight, Holland was one of the most important countries in exploration, science and trading history.
I know you think Europe is one country and you don't know anything other than: "You can buy drugs in Amsterdam"...
OverSoft was my nick for a long time, it was my first software company...

So, just buy your f*cking guns and blow each others brains out, i don't care...

/edit:
I just want to say that i laugh at how easily you are offended when somebody says something about your precious country.
Oh, and thanks for crashing the entire financial system, "great" US of A.
Because it is a right. Once you start stripping rights, the slope becomes slippery. Do you think banning guns suddenly makes them "poof" and disappear? Nope, doesn't work like that genius. If guns are banned, then those of us who follow the law are prevented from defending ourselves, against those that choose not to. Criminals don't get their guns legally to begin with, and they don't follow laws, hence the term criminal. So passing MORE laws is ineffectual. You following along so far? OK if you have grasped that, then you should also be able to understand that Washington DC has had a handgun ban since the 70's until that was recently overturned and deemed unconstitutional. Well, DC has been one of the most dangerous cities in the nation during that ban. Here is quick link of 2003 crime statistics, DC had 6 times the national avg. for murder rate, yet it was illegal to own a handgun!!! Maybe we should ban murder, maybe that will work http://www.cityrating.com/citycrime.asp?ci...on&state=DC Remember, when you are seconds from death, the police are only minutes away .

Wow, who is so easily offended potty mouth? Guess you're laughing at yourself
First of all, the fact that I choose to exercise my constitutional rights to own and carry guns tells you NOTHING about me except that I am a law abiding citizen capable of passing an FBI background check.

Second, I have a Master's Degree and member of Phi Beta Kappa. Look it up if you don't know what that is. I work in healthcare and spend 50+ hours a week taking care of the elderly and the ill. Not walking through the streets hunting prey with my guns.

Third, my house has been burglarized, and my 110lb fiancee walked in on the robbery in progress, two bad guys in the back bedroom...and my fiancee. Fortunately, they left without touching her, but they had ALL the control, she had NONE. Will never happen like that again! NEVER AGAIN WILL WE ALLOW THE BAD GUYS TO DETERMINE WHAT HAPPENS TO US. Good luck to you SOFT, if you ever face a similar situation. I hope that you never do, because you are done for sure if you do. The right to self preservation is the most inalienable right that I can think of.

Fourth, you think the Dutch could crash the whole entire financial system? Not if you tried... and your welcome
Old 03-01-2009, 03:50 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by rogerj' post='804832' date='Mar 2 2009, 01:34 AM
Because it is a right. Once you start stripping rights, the slope becomes slippery. Do you think banning guns suddenly makes them "poof" and disappear? ...
Nope, but it would certainly be a start

Third, my house has been burglarized, and my 110lb fiancee walked in on the robbery in progress, two bad guys in the back bedroom...and my fiancee. Fortunately, they left without touching her, but they had ALL the control, she had NONE. Will never happen like that again! NEVER AGAIN WILL WE ALLOW THE BAD GUYS TO DETERMINE WHAT HAPPENS TO US. Good luck to you SOFT, if you ever face a similar situation. I hope that you never do, because you are done for sure if you do.
I'm sorry that happened to you, can't say anything otherwise. No need to get hot-headed...

Fourth, you think the Dutch could crash the whole entire financial system? Not if you tried... and your welcome
Ah yes, it's a COOL thing the US crashed the system? Yes, very wise thinking there...
BTW, you don't seem to realise that a lot of the money used to build your country, stock your military, put in your banks, etc... is BORROWED FROM CHINA right?
Last time i checked your national debt is almost 11 BILLION DOLLARS and most of that comes from the Chinese who will want it back at some point...
Yes, mighty nation indeed...

Back to the gun issue, we've also got armed criminals, but that is only a very small portion of the criminals here. The reason that's a small portion is because it's not that easy to get a gun. Small time street crooks and burglars simply can't get one. We simply see no need to carry guns, because we never need them! (Crime ratings are way lower here than in the US)
The reason you need guns, is because you legalized them at some point and now there's no going back as everybody has a gun. That's the single most important mistake ever made in your country.
I'm sure you see it otherwise, but if it was never legalized, you wouldn't have that problem...
Old 03-01-2009, 04:58 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i w/ Sports & Permium Pkg. Silv/Blk 2008 VW R32 w/Nav. 1992 VW Corrado Silv/Blk-retired 2001 530i Sports/Premium-retired

Originally Posted by sixcard' post='803251' date='Feb 27 2009, 03:06 PM
What I have seen so far of this man, Obama and his cohorts, is frightening. And that is just the beginning of the havoc he desires and intends wreak on our culture.

IMO

sixcard
Huuuummmm interesting I thought these guys were responsible for the bill.

Sponsor:
Rep. Mark Kirk [R-IL]

Co-sponsors:
Rep. Michael Castle [R-DE]
Rep. Michael Ferguson [R-NJ]
Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen [R-FL]
Rep. Christopher Shays [R-CT]

.....but then again, what do I know.

Quick Reply: Assault Weapons Ban in the Works