Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Assault Weapons Ban in the Works

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 01:47 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think its really simple, the right to bear arms is protect by law and many people leave it open for interpretation. Those people who do not want one simply dont buy one. Those who do want one go through the legal issues of buying a pistol and rifle.

Dont take away my right to own and carry one because you dont feel you need to.
Old 02-28-2009, 02:30 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 Blacked out 530i, Carbon Fiber Pillars, Carbon Fiber Emblems (Wheels, Steering Wheel and Hood/Trunk). Blacked out kidney Grill, Smoked side marker lights, 15mm Rear Spacers, K&N Filter, Window Tint, Navigon Syst. Breyton Front Lip. Bilistein Coil Over Suspension Front & Rear Droped 1.5" Genuine M5 Pedal set. Mtechnik side skirts, RPI Exhaust.

Guys cut the shit! Go get your weapon and stock up as i have been for the past 6 years, if you dont know and never heard about whats going to come down the pipe line then the govt. has been doing a fine job at keeping this info from us. Do us all a favor and google or youtube "FEMA coffins" or "Amero". And inform yourself of whats to become of your country while it last!
Old 02-28-2009, 02:36 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i, Sport and Premium package, Titanium Silver with Black Dakota Leather interior

Originally Posted by PraiseTheLowered' post='804118' date='Feb 28 2009, 05:47 PM
I think its really simple, the right to bear arms is protect by law and many people leave it open for interpretation. Those people who do not want one simply dont buy one. Those who do want one go through the legal issues of buying a pistol and rifle.

Dont take away my right to own and carry one because you dont feel you need to.
Praise, I disagree however that a "right" is up for interpretation. The Bill of Rights are all individual rights. To "interpret" the second amendment as anything other than an individual right is strictly political.
Old 02-28-2009, 04:38 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 08 550 Carbon Sport Almost everything factory, but no sound upgrades.

Originally Posted by rogerj' post='804094' date='Feb 28 2009, 05:09 PM
DEMOCRACY is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to eat for lunch. LIBERTY is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. - Thomas Jefferson
Right on, HONK.

For those who are interested, the USA is not a democracy and was never intended to be a democracy. You cannot find the term democracy in the constitution, but it is the hallmark for the Democrat party.

It is incredible how many learned observers continue to refer to our mode of governing as a democracy.

Amongst the best examples of a democracy is a lynch mob (perhaps two wolves and a lamb).

sixcard
Old 02-28-2009, 06:10 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '04 530d Executive, all options except sunroof and comfort seats ECU remapped by ZipTuning to 260+bhp.

Originally Posted by PraiseTheLowered' post='804114' date='Feb 28 2009, 11:42 PM
lol this post wreaks of small man syndrome
I'm sorry if i'm offending your country, but there's a reason the whole world thinks the USA is crazy...
I won't comment any further in this thread, but if you guys think owning guns is the answer to everything, you are the guys who need therapy, not the rest of the world...
Old 02-28-2009, 09:14 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i, Sport and Premium package, Titanium Silver with Black Dakota Leather interior

Originally Posted by OverSoft' post='804269' date='Feb 28 2009, 10:10 PM
I'm sorry if i'm offending your country, but there's a reason the whole world thinks the USA is crazy...
I won't comment any further in this thread, but if you guys think owning guns is the answer to everything, you are the guys who need therapy, not the rest of the world...
Who said owning guns was the answer to everything? Please share your info with the rest of us.

The Netherlands... aka Never Did Anything For Anybody... What is your contribution to the rest of the world?

OVER SOFT in the NETHERLANDS. Is there a more appropriate name in a less important country?
Old 03-01-2009, 12:44 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 525i, mystic blue metallic, black leather interior, dark poplar wood trim, premium package, navigation, iPod, park distance control, voice activation, bluetooth. Mods: Full M-Tech Kit, ACS Rep Rear Window Spoiler, ACS Rep Rear Deck Spoiler, ACS Rep Quad Diffuser, ACS Rep Exhaust Tips, Remus Duel Exhaust, De-badge, 20% Tint Front and Rear, Umnitza Predator Ice V2, HID fog lights, Clear Side Marker Light Bulbs (yellow when on), Dark Poplar Wood Shifter, Dark Poplar Wood e-Brake Handle, Dark Poplar Wood Steering Wheel Inserts, OEM Steel Pedals, OEM M Footrest, 19 inch OEM 121s (Summer), 18 inch 124s (Winter), Shadowline Window Trim, Blacked-out Kidney Grills

Alright,

I am going to chime in.

FIRST: Go get your guns! The last ban grandfathered all weapons/magazines owned BEFORE the ban went into effect. For me, that means plenty of mags for all of my guns (15+)

SECOND: I find the arguments/statements posted here interesting. Especially when most folks have not served in their own military or lived for any period of time in a different country. Having been in uniform for over 16 years and lived overseas for over half that time (4 years in Okinawa, 1 year in Korea and been in Germany since July 06), not counting the nine deployments I have made to the middle east, I have an opinion about this. Yes, the Americans came in and HELPED win the war in Europe and the Pacific. We did NOT win it alone. What's more, our own military was weak and inept in December of 1941 when we were attacked. So to say that the European and Pacific nations that were attacked and overwhelmed were spineless is unfair. First, it took our entire nation, in a way that has not been repeated since, to pull together and turn our industrial might into a 24 hour a day, 7 day a week war machine. We, as Americans, have enormous natural resources and the ability to utilize them. The European and Pacific nations didn't and still don't have our natural resources. These countries were not in an arms race with the Germany and Japan. So, they were as unprepared to be attacked as the United States was. The only thing, besides our natural resources, that set us apart was the fact that we had two oceans that kept our enemies away from our shores while we got our collective shit together. Let's not forget that the British kept Germany at bay long enough for us to establish a base of operations there. Had the Brits been conquered, we would have been screwed! They withstood air raids, V2 rocket attacks and the constant fear of invasion. I won't even get into the war in the Pacific...or the fact that we needed the support of France in the War of 1812....

THIRD: I have served with military members from many of these "spineless" nations, sometimes in combat. I can tell you that they are every bit as tenacious as the American military. Look at Afghanistan, we started the fight there and then got distracted by Iraq and turned it over to NATO (ISAF). Hell, we start a fight and turn it over to people who weren't even involved to begin with???? Who's spineless now? In Afghanistan, I served with outstanding military personnel from France, Belgium, Romania, England, Spain, the Czech Republic, Norway, Germany and Bulgaria. None of them gave me shit for having to be there because we started the fight. In Iraq, we had much the same support and that was an even bigger fiasco!

FOURTH: If you think the military had it good under Bush, you are sadly mistaken. I have served during the 8 years of Clinton and the 8 years of Bush. Not only did the military NOT see ANY "Reagen" like military increases, we were put into TWO wars without the full support of the country/administration. In the Air Force alone, during the Bush administration and while fighting two wars, our force size was REDUCED, not enlarged. We down-sized by over 30, 0000 personnel and we are on the verge of real issues with the age of our fleet. I am a registered republican and have voted that way my entire adult life. However, having lived through it, the Republicans are not the end-all be-all for the military.

Okay, I will get off my soap box. This is not pointed at anyone, I just felt the need to get it off my chest. Thanks...

BOTTOM LINE...Go get your guns now!
Old 03-01-2009, 04:28 AM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Originally Posted by rogerj' post='803746' date='Feb 28 2009, 02:21 AM
4"... subcompact is currently out of production from what I have been told, plus... the way I see it, the extra 1" barrel length is not much of a concealment issue and provides a much better sight picture. The grip length provides the biggest issue with concealment. The short grip on the sub-compact leaves your pinky hanging off... hate that. That can be eliminated by adding the mag extension...but then you might as well have the standard grip . Plus, standard 4" comes with 2 16 round mags
Yea we have the Sub Compact and that pinky thing ticks me off too. Its a great gun though
Old 03-01-2009, 04:43 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 525i, mystic blue metallic, black leather interior, dark poplar wood trim, premium package, navigation, iPod, park distance control, voice activation, bluetooth. Mods: Full M-Tech Kit, ACS Rep Rear Window Spoiler, ACS Rep Rear Deck Spoiler, ACS Rep Quad Diffuser, ACS Rep Exhaust Tips, Remus Duel Exhaust, De-badge, 20% Tint Front and Rear, Umnitza Predator Ice V2, HID fog lights, Clear Side Marker Light Bulbs (yellow when on), Dark Poplar Wood Shifter, Dark Poplar Wood e-Brake Handle, Dark Poplar Wood Steering Wheel Inserts, OEM Steel Pedals, OEM M Footrest, 19 inch OEM 121s (Summer), 18 inch 124s (Winter), Shadowline Window Trim, Blacked-out Kidney Grills

Originally Posted by Krozi' post='804501' date='Mar 1 2009, 02:28 PM
Yea we have the Sub Compact and that pinky thing ticks me off too. Its a great gun though
When I had Glocks, I ran into that with the 26/27. Try this: when you grip the pistol, just curl your pinky under the mag base. It is a bit awkward at first, but once you get used to it, it is easier to shoot quickly/accurately.

Since we are talking guns. The gun in my avitar I am shooting is a Glock 18, full auto machine pistol with a 33 round mag . In the full-size picture you can see 7 pieces of 9mm brass in the air at once! The Glock rep brought a bunch out for a SWAT course I was teaching at
Old 03-01-2009, 04:49 AM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Originally Posted by wacopolumbo' post='804506' date='Mar 1 2009, 08:43 AM
When I had Glocks, I ran into that with the 26/27. Try this: when you grip the pistol, just curl your pinky under the mag base. It is a bit awkward at first, but once you get used to it, it is easier to shoot quickly/accurately.

Since we are talking guns. The gun in my avitar I am shooting is a Glock 18, full auto machine pistol with a 33 round mag . In the full-size picture you can see 7 pieces of 9mm brass in the air at once! The Glock rep brought a bunch out for a SWAT course I was teaching at
That looks like a LOT of fun. Sorta like this:

Quick Reply: Assault Weapons Ban in the Works