Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Assault Weapons Ban in the Works

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 05:14 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 545i, Sport and Premium package, Titanium Silver with Black Dakota Leather interior

The reason you need guns, is because you legalized them at some point and now there's no going back as everybody has a gun. That's the single most important mistake ever made in your country. are
I'm sure you see it otherwise, but if it was never legalized, you wouldn't have that problem...
Legalizing guns is far from the most important mistake we have made. I would say slavery, segregation, Vietnam, Iraq, Bush 2, Dick Cheney, Rumsfeld, yadayada are all greater mistakes.

Without the proliferation of weapons, we never would have won our independence from Britain. I guess every country didn't have to fight for their independence, but we did. That's where it started, and it was absolutely necessary. Definitely not a mistake. I couldn't imagine eating fish and chips all day.

I could dream about an idealized world, or make choices to live in the real one. I choose the latter.

OVERSOFT, teach me about the market and I will remove my negative comments about you on my sig
Old 03-01-2009, 05:22 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i, Sport and Premium package, Titanium Silver with Black Dakota Leather interior

Originally Posted by wacopolumbo' post='804506' date='Mar 1 2009, 08:43 AM
When I had Glocks, I ran into that with the 26/27. Try this: when you grip the pistol, just curl your pinky under the mag base. It is a bit awkward at first, but once you get used to it, it is easier to shoot quickly/accurately.

Since we are talking guns. The gun in my avitar I am shooting is a Glock 18, full auto machine pistol with a 33 round mag . In the full-size picture you can see 7 pieces of 9mm brass in the air at once! The Glock rep brought a bunch out for a SWAT course I was teaching at
WACO, let me get one of those. PLEASE! I really like Glocks, but I have small hands and the XD has much better ergonomics. I will sacrifice that for 30+ rounds of auto though
Old 03-01-2009, 05:27 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by MiamiPhill' post='804885' date='Mar 1 2009, 08:58 PM
Huuuummmm interesting I thought these guys were responsible for the bill.

Sponsor:
Rep. Mark Kirk [R-IL]

Co-sponsors:
Rep. Michael Castle [R-DE]
Rep. Michael Ferguson [R-NJ]
Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen [R-FL]
Rep. Christopher Shays [R-CT]

.....but then again, what do I know.
Phil, quit being so smart and informed! Let us dumb asses perpetuate the miss-information. It makes us feel important... and we feel like we are contributing to society by forwarding chain e-mails
Old 03-01-2009, 05:39 PM
Members

My Ride: '05 545i Sport - MANUAL - Jet Black/Black 20" Miro Time Attacks, Bimmian Carbon Kidneys

Maybe everyone else wouldn't be in so much shit if they didn't rely so heavily on us. Get your own economy, World.
Old 03-01-2009, 06:21 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by MisledYouth' post='804916' date='Mar 1 2009, 09:39 PM
Maybe everyone else wouldn't be in so much shit if they didn't rely so heavily on us. Get your own economy, World.
Yep. And my dad will beat up your dad.
Old 03-01-2009, 09:26 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 525i, mystic blue metallic, black leather interior, dark poplar wood trim, premium package, navigation, iPod, park distance control, voice activation, bluetooth. Mods: Full M-Tech Kit, ACS Rep Rear Window Spoiler, ACS Rep Rear Deck Spoiler, ACS Rep Quad Diffuser, ACS Rep Exhaust Tips, Remus Duel Exhaust, De-badge, 20% Tint Front and Rear, Umnitza Predator Ice V2, HID fog lights, Clear Side Marker Light Bulbs (yellow when on), Dark Poplar Wood Shifter, Dark Poplar Wood e-Brake Handle, Dark Poplar Wood Steering Wheel Inserts, OEM Steel Pedals, OEM M Footrest, 19 inch OEM 121s (Summer), 18 inch 124s (Winter), Shadowline Window Trim, Blacked-out Kidney Grills

Originally Posted by MisledYouth' post='804803' date='Mar 2 2009, 12:53 AM
All I know is, I've got like 900 bucks worth of H&K mags for a 5.56 (thank you Marine Corps... It's not stealing if the armory didn't ask for them back after the deployments...) and I still don't have the gun to put them in. I should probably get on that, huh? Anybody got an AR you're willing to part with?
I've got quite a few of the steel HK mags too! They are good and seem to be the solution for most of the M4s malfunctions. Those damn cheap government contract mags are the worst! That said, I would take and AK-47 or M-14 over the AR-15 and it's descendants any day of the week and twice on Sunday!
Old 03-01-2009, 09:27 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 525i, mystic blue metallic, black leather interior, dark poplar wood trim, premium package, navigation, iPod, park distance control, voice activation, bluetooth. Mods: Full M-Tech Kit, ACS Rep Rear Window Spoiler, ACS Rep Rear Deck Spoiler, ACS Rep Quad Diffuser, ACS Rep Exhaust Tips, Remus Duel Exhaust, De-badge, 20% Tint Front and Rear, Umnitza Predator Ice V2, HID fog lights, Clear Side Marker Light Bulbs (yellow when on), Dark Poplar Wood Shifter, Dark Poplar Wood e-Brake Handle, Dark Poplar Wood Steering Wheel Inserts, OEM Steel Pedals, OEM M Footrest, 19 inch OEM 121s (Summer), 18 inch 124s (Winter), Shadowline Window Trim, Blacked-out Kidney Grills

Originally Posted by rogerj' post='804903' date='Mar 2 2009, 03:22 AM
WACO, let me get one of those. PLEASE! I really like Glocks, but I have small hands and the XD has much better ergonomics. I will sacrifice that for 30+ rounds of auto though
Wish I could help you on that one! They G18 requires the Federal Stamp and is a Class 3 weapon - just like anything full auto
Old 03-01-2009, 10:12 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by OverSoft' post='804844' date='Mar 1 2009, 04:50 PM
Nope, but it would certainly be a start

I'm sorry that happened to you, can't say anything otherwise. No need to get hot-headed...

Ah yes, it's a COOL thing the US crashed the system? Yes, very wise thinking there...
BTW, you don't seem to realise that a lot of the money used to build your country, stock your military, put in your banks, etc... is BORROWED FROM CHINA right?
Last time i checked your national debt is almost 11 BILLION DOLLARS and most of that comes from the Chinese who will want it back at some point...
Yes, mighty nation indeed...

Back to the gun issue, we've also got armed criminals, but that is only a very small portion of the criminals here. The reason that's a small portion is because it's not that easy to get a gun. Small time street crooks and burglars simply can't get one. We simply see no need to carry guns, because we never need them! (Crime ratings are way lower here than in the US)
The reason you need guns, is because you legalized them at some point and now there's no going back as everybody has a gun. That's the single most important mistake ever made in your country.
I'm sure you see it otherwise, but if it was never legalized, you wouldn't have that problem...
Wow I thought for a minute you might actually have something intelligent to say but it really seems that you don't have anything original that isnt representative of spineless liberal thinking.

You dont see the need for a weapon; fine. Dont carry one. I see the need to always be armed. I would rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it. Dont try to rationalize your perspective into law; its not right to the thousands of others that disagree.

You seem bitter that somehow while the US is filled with gun toting idiots, we are somehow still able to collapse the entire world economy. Funny how we can be so retarded and unintelligent unlike yourself and still have more effect on you than you do on us. We must be just super retarded.
Old 03-01-2009, 10:27 PM
Contributors

I would rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.
My motto!
Old 03-01-2009, 10:31 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Alpine White 550i Sport, Cream Beige Interior, 6-Sp Manual - retired 9/2011

Originally Posted by wacopolumbo' post='804506' date='Mar 1 2009, 08:43 AM
When I had Glocks, I ran into that with the 26/27. Try this: when you grip the pistol, just curl your pinky under the mag base. It is a bit awkward at first, but once you get used to it, it is easier to shoot quickly/accurately.
Pearce pinky extension solves all issues. I can't use my 26 without it.

Assault Weapons Ban in the Works-all_glock1.jpg

Quick Reply: Assault Weapons Ban in the Works