Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Assault Weapons Ban in the Works

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 10:35 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 545i, Sport and Premium package, Titanium Silver with Black Dakota Leather interior

Originally Posted by wacopolumbo' post='805068' date='Mar 2 2009, 01:27 AM
Wish I could help you on that one! They G18 requires the Federal Stamp and is a Class 3 weapon - just like anything full auto
I know, I know.... but since we both enjoy Bimmers I thought you could make an exception
Old 03-02-2009, 01:20 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 525i, mystic blue metallic, black leather interior, dark poplar wood trim, premium package, navigation, iPod, park distance control, voice activation, bluetooth. Mods: Full M-Tech Kit, ACS Rep Rear Window Spoiler, ACS Rep Rear Deck Spoiler, ACS Rep Quad Diffuser, ACS Rep Exhaust Tips, Remus Duel Exhaust, De-badge, 20% Tint Front and Rear, Umnitza Predator Ice V2, HID fog lights, Clear Side Marker Light Bulbs (yellow when on), Dark Poplar Wood Shifter, Dark Poplar Wood e-Brake Handle, Dark Poplar Wood Steering Wheel Inserts, OEM Steel Pedals, OEM M Footrest, 19 inch OEM 121s (Summer), 18 inch 124s (Winter), Shadowline Window Trim, Blacked-out Kidney Grills

Originally Posted by DrLev99' post='805104' date='Mar 2 2009, 08:31 AM
Pearce pinky extension solves all issues. I can't use my 26 without it.

Attachment 73085
I agree, but when you add the extension, you basically have the same grip length as the G19/23. A bit too long for an ankle gun for me. Nice set-up though...
Old 03-02-2009, 01:21 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 525i, mystic blue metallic, black leather interior, dark poplar wood trim, premium package, navigation, iPod, park distance control, voice activation, bluetooth. Mods: Full M-Tech Kit, ACS Rep Rear Window Spoiler, ACS Rep Rear Deck Spoiler, ACS Rep Quad Diffuser, ACS Rep Exhaust Tips, Remus Duel Exhaust, De-badge, 20% Tint Front and Rear, Umnitza Predator Ice V2, HID fog lights, Clear Side Marker Light Bulbs (yellow when on), Dark Poplar Wood Shifter, Dark Poplar Wood e-Brake Handle, Dark Poplar Wood Steering Wheel Inserts, OEM Steel Pedals, OEM M Footrest, 19 inch OEM 121s (Summer), 18 inch 124s (Winter), Shadowline Window Trim, Blacked-out Kidney Grills

Originally Posted by rogerj' post='805108' date='Mar 2 2009, 08:35 AM
I know, I know.... but since we both enjoy Bimmers I thought you could make an exception

When I get back to the "world" I'll have to come down to see you and we can go shoot. I am from Tampa. As a matter of fact I was in your neck of the woods in January. Flew back to Florida and went on a Caribbean cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale. I miss Florida, but Germany rocks!
Old 03-02-2009, 04:45 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i w/ Sports & Permium Pkg. Silv/Blk 2008 VW R32 w/Nav. 1992 VW Corrado Silv/Blk-retired 2001 530i Sports/Premium-retired

Question, how did the AK47, a product of the Soviet Union (though now manufactured by others as well) and what seems to be the weapon of choice for, Communist, anti-democratic revolutionaries, terrorist, murders, and America hating Islamic & other wackos the world over, find such favor with the American gun enthusiast.?
It seems to be well engineered, (reading some of the gun threads on here) but if I were a collector, I would have a hard time with a weapon responsible for the deaths of thousands of Americans.
Old 03-02-2009, 05:25 AM
Members

My Ride: '05 545i Sport - MANUAL - Jet Black/Black 20" Miro Time Attacks, Bimmian Carbon Kidneys

I have an AK. It's never once tried to kill me. We have an understanding, I guess. It's not the AK's fault, it's the dude using it.
Old 03-02-2009, 05:37 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i w/ Sports & Permium Pkg. Silv/Blk 2008 VW R32 w/Nav. 1992 VW Corrado Silv/Blk-retired 2001 530i Sports/Premium-retired

Originally Posted by MisledYouth' post='805219' date='Mar 2 2009, 09:25 AM
I have an AK. It's never once tried to kill me. We have an understanding, I guess. It's not the AK's fault, it's the dude using it.
Even as I wrote the question I expected this answer, thanks for getting it out of the way.
Old 03-02-2009, 05:55 AM
Members

My Ride: '05 545i Sport - MANUAL - Jet Black/Black 20" Miro Time Attacks, Bimmian Carbon Kidneys

That's why I'm kept around. I'll let you guys get on with it.
Old 03-02-2009, 06:32 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 525

i dont understand the fascination with guns. yeah maybe they were cool when i was 12 years old and playing 'GI Joe' with my buddies, but honestly what on earth do you need a fully automatic assault rifle for? to hunt? (go to a grocery store, are u really gonna load a deer up with 20 hollow point rounds and then eat it????). to 'protect' yourself? (get yourself a pitbull or move to a better neighborhood and stop being so paranoid).

60 minutes yesterday said the majority of assault rifles end up in the hands of drug gangs in mexico. the overwhelming majority of 50 caliber rifles end up overseas in the hands of rebels in the baltic or middle east...heck there was one albanian guy arrested here in NY who was buying up 50 calibers by the truckload and shipping them to yugoslavia....guess those werent used for hunting, or were they?

i dunno, maybe its just the mentality with people from the south/midwest/texas...i just dont understand it.
Old 03-02-2009, 06:39 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by MiamiPhill' post='805191' date='Mar 2 2009, 02:45 PM
Question, how did the AK47, a product of the Soviet Union (though now manufactured by others as well) and what seems to be the weapon of choice for, Communist, anti-democratic revolutionaries, terrorist, murders, and America hating Islamic & other wackos the world over, find such favor with the American gun enthusiast.?
It seems to be well engineered, (reading some of the gun threads on here) but if I were a collector, I would have a hard time with a weapon responsible for the deaths of thousands of Americans.
It's very simple...RELIABILITY! The number one problem with the US AR-15/M-16/M-4. I have fired the AK when M-4s refused to function. Inside 200 yards, I am just as accurate with it. The AK was built for combat. Plus, for me, it's perfect (I'm a lefty with a rifle and righty with a pistol). The fire selector/safety is on the right side, easier for lefties. Also, on the military AKs, the weapon goes from safe (up) to full-auto (middle) and semi-auto (down). In combat, if you NEED to go from safe to fire, going straight to full-auto is a blessing. The M4 goes the other way, SAFE-SEMI-AUTO.

I have been deployed and the AK has been my best friend. Especially the Krinkov short version.

But, the top three reasons I love the AK are:

1. Reliability
2. Reliability
3. Reliability

If you NEED to press the trigger, you NEED the weapon to go bang!

Also, the Sig 550 (precursor to the SIGARMS 556) is an outstanding weapon. I carried one in Saudi in 2005 (552 SWAT). It is partially based on the AK.
Old 03-02-2009, 06:54 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by wacopolumbo' post='805270' date='Mar 2 2009, 10:39 AM
I have been deployed and the AK has been my best friend. Especially the Krinkov short version.
Wait, the AK is now part of U.S. weapons issue?

Quick Reply: Assault Weapons Ban in the Works