Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Any Australians Here ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 09:06 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 530d 2003 X5 3.0A (from new) Previously 2003 Z4 3.0

Any Aussies had any experience on sourcing or installing the M-Tech (Sport) body kits? Also are there any Australian suppliers of the DMS or similar remaps for 530d?

I note that DMS Automotive has a local supplier Harding Performance. Has any one sampled their wares or had any experience with other software based tuning?

I have a recently acquired 530d and have been reading the forum with interest on after-market mods.
Old 02-23-2008, 07:25 PM
Members

hi guys
I am just throwing a howdy and Hi there into the mix
seems i am jusmping in waaaaay after everyone else.. seeing september 07 was the last post.

anyways i have a october 03 530i and am enojying this car immensely.

ordered some xenon lights from germany ebay... i have halogens.. how annoying.
anyways also looking at bimmernav solution for bluetooth.but thinking maybe parrot or just a straight portable speaker setup like you get from blueant etc.

anyways if anyone is in Western Australia (Perth) then maybe join up with BMW Cruising Club and maybe i will see you on a cruise.

later
Old 02-23-2008, 10:46 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 BMW 545i, M-Sport Bodykit, Sports Suspension, Sports Seats, Active Steering.

Originally Posted by MatyB' post='455667' date='Aug 6 2007, 02:07 PM
Hi guys,

I am an Aussie living in OZ....Adelaide to be exact. I drive a Silver Grey 530i M Sport which i purchased from BMW Sydney (executive driven) and then had it transported back to Adelaide, didn't want to drive it back due to the amount of kays and stone chips.

Bimmers are so expensive in OZ compared to the US and the prices are even worse here in Adelaide as there is only one authorised dealer. I travel to the US once or twice a year on business and being a gluton for punishment i always pick up a couple of auto mags to read on the domestic flights, it is crazy what you can get for your money compared to here.

I think OZ would be an extremely profitable sector for BMW, it certainly would pale in comparison by volume but i am sure the margin is fat (obese even), hence the expenisve coffee machines and even more expensive model-esk receptionists.
I think our prestige cars are so expensive because they want us buying and supporting the local product instead. I have BMW blood pumping in my veins, and nothing will stop me buying anything else.
Old 02-24-2008, 01:15 AM
Members

My Ride: MY08 525i, platinum grey, black dakota leather, black trim, sunroof, HUD, bluetooth, TV, phone, 70% tint

Hi another Melbournite here....

Australia - the land where a lowly 525i costs AUD $100K on the road.....i guess its probably cheaper than in Singapore though - lol - We're one of the few markets where they continue to ship the obsolete 2.5 litre engine for the 525i. UK models of the 525i have the 3.0 litre. Ah well, still a nice car though....

Does anyone have the current guaranteed residual rates under the Full Circle Program? Not sure if this is actually published, or if they quote different numbers to different people based on how gullible they look.

Agree about the comments about BMW Australia making obscene amounts of profit - with the exchange rate now at 91 cents, you'd think they'd throw a few crumbs our way! Not likely.
Old 02-27-2008, 01:32 PM
Members

My Ride: 1996 525 M Sport Silver Grey on Beige

Originally Posted by Chef' post='535287' date='Feb 24 2008, 06:15 AM
Hi another Melbournite here....

Australia - the land where a lowly 525i costs AUD $100K on the road.....i guess its probably cheaper than in Singapore though - lol - We're one of the few markets where they continue to ship the obsolete 2.5 litre engine for the 525i. UK models of the 525i have the 3.0 litre. Ah well, still a nice car though....

Does anyone have the current guaranteed residual rates under the Full Circle Program? Not sure if this is actually published, or if they quote different numbers to different people based on how gullible they look.

Agree about the comments about BMW Australia making obscene amounts of profit - with the exchange rate now at 91 cents, you'd think they'd throw a few crumbs our way! Not likely.
No idea on the full circle now but when I bought mine I thought the residual values were low.

On exchange rates the cars are made in Germany not the US so EUR is the key rate. The AUD has not appreciated notably against the Euro over the last few years. It was 0.6 when I was living there in 2005 and its 0.62 now. The USD falling against all currencies and will be more likely to increase our prices as BMW is making less in its key US market and to compensate will hold prices higher where possible in other markets.
Old 05-14-2008, 08:59 PM
Members

My Ride: BMW E60 530i, Production Date May 2005

Hi,

I'm Australian, live in Adelaide.

I've purchased an 2005 E60 530i from Menere's BMW in Melbourne and 2007 E90 320i M-Sport from BMW Sydney for my wife, we saved a pocket load of $$$'s by going interstate. There's only one dealer in Adelaide selling new BMW's and they have the monopoly and keep prices high, great for re-sale.

Cheerz
Old 05-15-2008, 03:47 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 540i Carbon Black, Sports Pack, HUD, Comfort Access, Sunroof

Hi, I am from Melbourne. With a carbon black 540i with Sports and Professional pack.
Old 05-15-2008, 07:52 AM
Members

Originally Posted by daMANiack' post='581001' date='May 15 2008, 12:59 PM
Hi,

I'm Australian, live in Adelaide.

I've purchased an 2005 E60 530i from Menere's BMW in Melbourne and 2007 E90 320i M-Sport from BMW Sydney for my wife, we saved a pocket load of $$$'s by going interstate. There's only one dealer in Adelaide selling new BMW's and they have the monopoly and keep prices high, great for re-sale.

Cheerz
The guys at menere's are where I have bought all my bimmers. Very professional manner and Mark Denniston is a gentleman... (who'd a thought you could ever say that about a car dealership?)

Cheers
Old 05-15-2008, 07:51 PM
Members

My Ride: BMW E60 530i, Production Date May 2005

Hi again,

I dealt with Steve Yiannios at Menere's, also a true gentleman and a really honest guy.

Initially I found it difficult dealing with someone from interstate, but Steve made it pleasurable and couldn't have been more helpful, he took heaps of pictures of the car and emailed me.

With Steve, I also felt at ease as he came from the car repair industry and gave the car a thorough going over, it was an ex BMW Australia car, 530i with 13,000Kms on it.

In Adelaide, for a comparible 530i, Adelaide Motors wanted A$102,000 to $105,000, I negotiated it down to A$86,000 which I thought was a good price.

The 3/2007 built 320i M-Sport with 2,500Kms I got for my wife, Adelaide Motors wanted A$72,000, I got from Sydney BMW for A$59,900, I also found it very easy dealing with an interstate BMW dealer.

Cheerz

Originally Posted by VHHDT' post='581224' date='May 16 2008, 01:22 AM
The guys at menere's are where I have bought all my bimmers. Very professional manner and Mark Denniston is a gentleman... (who'd a thought you could ever say that about a car dealership?)

Cheers
Old 05-15-2008, 08:33 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 05 530i M Sport Sedan / Silver Grey

I am in Adelaide also and i bought my car interstate (BMW Sydney), i saved a small fortune on what Adelaide Motors wanted for a comparible vechicle. Mine was a executive driven with 10K on the clock, I enquired about the vehicle at the start of the month and gave them a low ball offer which they declinded but come the end of the month they were on the phone and we did a deal not much above what i offerd in the first place.
I just recently bought my wife a V6 Luxury Touareg which i got in Melbourne, again i saved a bucket load on what Solitare (VW dealer) was prepard to do. I am disappointed that i can't support Adelaide business but i refuse to be held to ransom by the dealers Monopoly here.

Any of the Aussie's here have a modified E60, in Adelaide they are pretty rare on the roads and apart from one idoit who has put chromies on his they all seem to be pretty much stock???

Quick Reply: Any Australians Here ?