Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Any Australians Here ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 01:09 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

G'day mate,
Welcome to the forums. I've only been here a while myself and I found a couple of others from further south also. Some from MBNE. I'm up in sunny North Queensland and drive a 525i in alpine white that I loaded on delivery and performs as the family hack very well0. I do alot of highway miles as we have rural interests and I get the 525 well beyond 200km/h when I'm on my own. Its limited at 235 k's. What's the v8 like? I'm scared to drive one because I know I'll want it and want it bad! I'm thinking of buying myself the 135i coupe just for kicks but I would like 2 more doors.

I should also ask what insurance is like per annum?

cheers
Old 05-24-2008, 04:39 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by MatyB' post='581702' date='May 16 2008, 02:03 PM
......I am disappointed that i can't support Adelaide business but i refuse to be held to ransom by the dealers Monopoly here.

Any of the Aussie's here have a modified E60, in Adelaide they are pretty rare on the roads and apart from one idoit who has put chromies on his they all seem to be pretty much stock???
hey there! Although I agree that Adelaide Motors prices are higher but you can press them hard if you are in no hurry. I've bought 3 BMW's from them and 1 privately, which I eventually traded in with them. The price differential in the end will probably still be around 2% but I'm happy with the premium for the excellent service they give me and the number of fixes they've done at no charge. I'd suggest you keep pressuring them next time and even try a bit of 'horse trading'...they'll bite to some extent also, get them to throw in some extra items like advance training courses, accessories etc etc... it took them 3 weeks to get me to buy the M5 from them, but it was worth the wait

with regards to mods, the only mods I've done are:
- K-mac front camber plates to give me negative camber on the front wheels. I need this as I take my car to Mallala track once in a while.
- Pagid RS19 brake pads, again these are endurance pads which are great for the track

Am now looking at Evosport muffler and Eiback prokit springs.

I also have invisible car bra installed. It was done by a guy from Melbourne who comes down here once in a while.
Old 05-25-2008, 05:35 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 05 530i M Sport Sedan / Silver Grey

Originally Posted by Leburpor' post='587469' date='May 24 2008, 10:09 PM
hey there! Although I agree that Adelaide Motors prices are higher but you can press them hard if you are in no hurry. I've bought 3 BMW's from them and 1 privately, which I eventually traded in with them. The price differential in the end will probably still be around 2% but I'm happy with the premium for the excellent service they give me and the number of fixes they've done at no charge. I'd suggest you keep pressuring them next time and even try a bit of 'horse trading'...they'll bite to some extent also, get them to throw in some extra items like advance training courses, accessories etc etc... it took them 3 weeks to get me to buy the M5 from them, but it was worth the wait

with regards to mods, the only mods I've done are:
- K-mac front camber plates to give me negative camber on the front wheels. I need this as I take my car to Mallala track once in a while.
- Pagid RS19 brake pads, again these are endurance pads which are great for the track

Am now looking at Evosport muffler and Eiback prokit springs.

I also have invisible car bra installed. It was done by a guy from Melbourne who comes down here once in a while.
I wil definately given them a shot nice time however when was in the market they were no where near the deal i did with BMW Sydney.

I haven't seen to many Black M5's in Adelaide, you don't happen to live near hayward park do you, i have seen one there a few times when i have taken my son to kick the soccer ball?

I have been out to Mallala a couple of times but not for a few years, it was alot of fun....it must be amazing in the M.
Old 05-25-2008, 09:46 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by MatyB' post='588242' date='May 26 2008, 11:05 AM
I haven't seen to many Black M5's in Adelaide, you don't happen to live near hayward park do you, i have seen one there a few times when i have taken my son to kick the soccer ball?

I have been out to Mallala a couple of times but not for a few years, it was alot of fun....it must be amazing in the M.
I'm in Hyde Park and I have custom plates which mentions somethin about cruising I've also debadged the car, aside from the side logos.

It performs well at Mallala..for what it is - a med luxury sedan. My best lap is around 1m 24s at the moment but I think she can do 1m 21s. Any faster than that then I'll really be pressuring the car and myself.

Here's some links to my experience at the track in the M5:
http://aussieexotics.com/forum/bmw-m-power...la-t1514.0.html (some vids)
http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/sho...d.php?t=117727
Old 05-25-2008, 10:00 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Leburpor' post='588367' date='May 26 2008, 03:16 PM
I'm in Hyde Park and I have custom plates which mentions somethin about cruising I've also debadged the car, aside from the side logos.

It performs well at Mallala..for what it is - a med luxury sedan. My best lap is around 1m 24s at the moment but I think she can do 1m 21s. Any faster than that then I'll really be pressuring the car and myself.

Here's some links to my experience at the track in the M5:
http://aussieexotics.com/forum/bmw-m-power...la-t1514.0.html (some vids)
http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/sho...d.php?t=117727
It is a hard car to miss especially with that plate.......I will say G'day next time i see you at the park with your boys.

Can't recall what a good lap is but i am sure that is on pace, i will check out the links thanks!
Old 05-25-2008, 11:47 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by MatyB' post='588370' date='May 26 2008, 03:30 PM
It is a hard car to miss especially with that plate.......I will say G'day next time i see you at the park with your boys.

Can't recall what a good lap is but i am sure that is on pace, i will check out the links thanks!
I might go to Mallala again either on the 9/6 or 26/6. If you are interested to be a pax in the M5 around the track then drop by

btw, I just noticed the spec of your 530i..good choice my 540i was spec'd the same...I miss the silver grey, so much easier to keep it looking clean than black.
Old 05-30-2008, 05:43 AM
Members

My Ride: 04 545i Silver Grey, 19" Alpinas, Sports suspensio. 04 X5 3.0d Sport Sapphire Black, Caramel, Panoramic Roof

Hi there, I am in Adelaide too. First BMW was a brand new 325Ci from Adelaide Motors back in 2003.
In 2004 bought an update X5 Sport 3.0d which I still own. In 2006 bought an 04 545i with 19" Alpina wheels
which I have just recently sold & replaced with a 2004 530i with professional nav for my wife.
Really missed the V8 though so just bought a beautiful 2007 550i professional from BMW Sydney which will be here
next week. Has some great options & cant wait to drive it.
I was at that BMW driver training day last year with you at Mallala & I cant wait to get back out there again.
Might see if I can come in June when you go.
Any Australians Here ?-imgp1052.jpg
Any Australians Here ?-10639598.jpg
Old 05-30-2008, 02:25 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by JSMX5' post='591543' date='May 30 2008, 11:13 PM
.......Really missed the V8 though so just bought a beautiful 2007 550i professional from BMW Sydney which will be here
next week. Has some great options & cant wait to drive it.
I was at that BMW driver training day last year with you at Mallala & I cant wait to get back out there again.
Might see if I can come in June when you go.
Long time no see! Congrats on the 550i! I'm sure you will love it..it has good torque down low compared to the M5 and is such a capable car.

There is a track day on 9/6 (Queens b'day) and if yer interested to track your car at that time I'll ask the organizer; 50% chance I'll be there. However, I'd recommend you get Pagid pads, Eibach Pro Kit springs and H&R sway bars before you track it. I tracked the 550i once and it was great fun and I was set up with the springs and sway bars. Chewed up my pads after 1 track day
Old 06-01-2008, 04:12 AM
Members

My Ride: 04 545i Silver Grey, 19" Alpinas, Sports suspensio. 04 X5 3.0d Sport Sapphire Black, Caramel, Panoramic Roof

My new 550i has dynamic drive so wouldnt that help a bit for the track? (Not that I plan to race this car - I have other toys for that) Keen to see your new M5.

Originally Posted by Leburpor' post='591876' date='May 31 2008, 07:55 AM
Long time no see! Congrats on the 550i! I'm sure you will love it..it has good torque down low compared to the M5 and is such a capable car.

There is a track day on 9/6 (Queens b'day) and if yer interested to track your car at that time I'll ask the organizer; 50% chance I'll be there. However, I'd recommend you get Pagid pads, Eibach Pro Kit springs and H&R sway bars before you track it. I tracked the 550i once and it was great fun and I was set up with the springs and sway bars. Chewed up my pads after 1 track day
Old 06-01-2008, 07:15 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Leburpor' post='588402' date='May 26 2008, 05:17 PM
I might go to Mallala again either on the 9/6 or 26/6. If you are interested to be a pax in the M5 around the track then drop by

btw, I just noticed the spec of your 530i..good choice my 540i was spec'd the same...I miss the silver grey, so much easier to keep it looking clean than black.
Wow i would love to go for a spin but we have plans over the long weekend and my wife is due with our second bub in late June so unfortunelty will probably have to give it a miss. Thanks for the offers maybe another time.

Yeah i love the Silver Grey, it seems to be a popular colour choice for the E60 M-Sport 525's/530's i have seen around Adelaide, that and Carbon Balck. I had a black car once...they look fantastic but alot of hard work to keep them looking that way.

Quick Reply: Any Australians Here ?