Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Any Australians Here ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 08:09 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 BMW 540i M Sports with professional pack (2007 Mode Year and MSport option in US Speak)

Hi everyone,

I have been a member for a little while but haven't posted before.

There doesn't seem to be many Australians (if any) on this site. Just wondering if there are any out there lurking around.

I have a 2006 (2007 model year in US) BMW 540i M Sport (Which is a model you guys don't get, I think) which I love. Planned upgrade in a few years is an M5, but at AUD $246,000 it will be a few years before I can rake up the necessary. Australian BMW prices are about double what you pay in the US (Mine was AUD 154,700 approx) but hey, it only money ...........................

I have been interested in your discussions about the on board computer versions, my dealer in Sydney uploads the latest and greatest as part of their service function when your car is in for service, all you have to do is ask (although you do pay for it). Do your dealers do the same things in the US as the Australian dealers do (possibly on direction from BMW Aus) like having the fee coffee shop in the dealership with free newspapers and stuff with an open invitation to drop in any time for coffee if your driving past ??

BMW Australia says we are the number three export market for BMWs after the US and South Africa, so we tend to get looked after pretty well down here by BMW. having said that, my bluetooth module has died and I have to wait four weeks before the new one arrives from Germany. Apparently they don't fail all that often ..
Old 07-22-2007, 09:03 PM
Members

Top 3 markets for BMW AG by revenue is Germany, North America & UK. These 3 markets put together is already over 50% of the total sales of the company. SA is a major export base for the E90 3er to markets such as Oz/NZ and other Asia-Pacific areas.
Old 07-22-2007, 09:23 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 540i M Sports with professional pack (2007 Mode Year and MSport option in US Speak)

Originally Posted by clarence' post='451053' date='Jul 23 2007, 03:03 PM
Top 3 markets for BMW AG by revenue is Germany, North America & UK. These 3 markets put together is already over 50% of the total sales of the company. SA is a major export base for the E90 3er to markets such as Oz/NZ and other Asia-Pacific areas.
Germany isn't an export market and BMW Australia have had a record two years and they think they are now in third place for exports (not including Germany) but it really isn't that important, I just mentioned it as BMW Australia are currently talking about it.

Sorry if I offended you
Old 07-22-2007, 09:41 PM
Senior Members

Verdammt!

I thought you were paging Austrians.
Old 07-22-2007, 09:55 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

im sure there are australians here on this international forum. great place to discuss our e60s and what not. any photos of your 540? btw, welcome and enjoy the forums.
Old 07-22-2007, 09:56 PM
Members

Some of my best friends are Austrians, probably because I don't have any in Australia - at least that what my friends, sorry, acquantancies say
Old 07-23-2007, 03:06 AM
Members

Originally Posted by redrobin' post='451057' date='Jul 23 2007, 01:23 PM
Germany isn't an export market and BMW Australia have had a record two years and they think they are now in third place for exports (not including Germany) but it really isn't that important, I just mentioned it as BMW Australia are currently talking about it.

Sorry if I offended you

No, u didn't offend me, but sometimes dealers use these talk as a way to decline freebies or giving discounts in the negotiating process. As a matter of fact, BMW AG doesn't divide up the sales on Oz alone from rest of APAC in their annual reports, only their 3 major markets are listed separately (Germany, North America & UK).

There are a few Aussies here, & one of them (forgotten the name) also drives a 540i Sport.
Old 07-23-2007, 04:23 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 530i Carbon black with R19 M 172 Rim M sport package+ Sunroof Black dakotar interiro with titanium trim. + profession pack Aftermarket: AFE CAI, Remus exhuast, sprintbooster, M5 rear spoiler, AC roof spoiler, carbon fiber trim sills, etc.. + 2000 ML430 passed to wife..hehe

Hi
I am Australian too. This site is one of my daily browsing site.
I live in Sydney and own a BMW 530i. The services at Sydney BMW has been great, they seem to be able to fix problem better when compare with my experience at Sydney Mercedes.

The coffee is good at BMW, at least the receptionist made it for you with the commercial expresso machine, whereas at Sydney Merc, its all DIY.
Old 07-23-2007, 05:17 AM
Members

Hiya Red,

I see we have the same taste in cars....... My 540 M Sport arrived in Melbourne a few days ago and I'm anxiously waiting for the dealer to do their thing. We've just bought an E70 4.8 X5 as well which arrives in our hands next Monday. Both are black (carbon for the 5 er) with HUD and comfort seats etc. The X is for the lovely wife and the sedan for me.

I've been lurking for some time too but as I hadn't an E60 my only post is a long ago review of my day at Sandown raceway in the M5, M3 etc.... I was planning on buying an M5 after my E53 X5 4.8is but I've had a lot of trouble with high performance BMW's in city driving, so canned the M5 and even the 550 after the detonation issues with my X.

The 540 with the lot seemed as good a way as any to enjoy the luxury without the reliability probs...

so, giddy up and great to see another aussie!!!
Old 07-23-2007, 02:04 PM
Members

My Ride: LCI E60 Individual (Onyx Blue, Piano Black trim, Marino Leather) M Sport Package, 19" M172 wheels, Sunroof, Professional Navigation, HUD, TV function, Voice Recognition, PDC, Active Steering, Comfort Access, Logic 7, iPod/USB Adapter, Xeon Headlights, Adaptive Headlights, High Beam Assist. Build completed August 2007.

Hi Red,

There are a few of us here from Australia on this great froum.

Agree with your comments on the local cost of BMW's - for the A$ cost of my 530 here, I could have just about had 2 550's in the U.S.

With the exchange rate having moved so much since April when the last 5 series price list was issued, BMW Australia will be making a killer of a profit margin this year on the exchange rate alone.

Quick Reply: Any Australians Here ?