Frequently Asked Questions Feel free to add to our FAQ answers or contribute new questions.

How do I listen to my iPod, or other MP3 player

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2006, 08:17 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by madoon' post='256801' date='Mar 18 2006, 01:57 PM
im a little confused....
some members have said it is not possible to have aux audio input if you have a cd changer....
i have pro radio, busi navi, and a cd changer...so is it possible for me to have aux in...added
Yes - Aux input works perfectly alongside the cd changer
Old 03-19-2006, 12:59 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by madoon' post='256801' date='Mar 18 2006, 02:57 PM
...so is it possible for me to have aux in...added
Yep, it is.
No problem!
Old 03-20-2006, 05:54 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Originally Posted by madoon' post='256801' date='Mar 18 2006, 08:57 AM
im a little confused....
some members have said it is not possible to have aux audio input if you have a cd changer....
i have pro radio, busi navi, and a cd changer...so is it possible for me to have aux in...added
I think what u really saw was members quoting dealers when they inquired about aux input in ANY e60 configuration. We would straighten the member out and they in turn would go back to dealer to "straighten" them out and they would get their aux input and everyone would be happy. ALWAYS believe advice here as opposed to the dealers. As my SA has said more than once, you guys know far more about these cars than we do.
Old 03-20-2006, 11:44 AM
Members

Originally Posted by defenselawyer' post='107074' date='Mar 26 2005, 01:59 PM
Do you have a part # Lomag? I am still reading on Raodafly that it is hard to get teh aux inpu AND it DEOS NOT work with I-Drive? Can you help?

By teh way, I miss your old BMW545 site. I looked at it daily until it went bye bye.
I have a 2006 5 series. I was told that there is no way to Have aux input
right now. Regardless of which BMW sound system you select, you'll be on your own interfacing an MP3 player to it, since the new 530i offers neither the famous BMW integrated iPod adapter nor the more pedestrian auxiliary input jack.
Old 03-20-2006, 12:12 PM
Members

Just to add to this: Regardless of which BMW sound system you select, you'll be on your own interfacing an MP3 player to it, since the new 530i, offers neither the famous BMW integrated iPod adapter nor the more pedestrian auxiliary input jack. What does the future hold? Who Knows?
Old 03-20-2006, 12:17 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Aloha' post='257778' date='Mar 20 2006, 09:12 PM
Just to add to this: Regardless of which BMW sound system you select, you'll be on your own interfacing an MP3 player to it, since the new 530i, offers neither the famous BMW integrated iPod adapter nor the more pedestrian auxiliary input jack. What does the future hold? Who Knows?
At the moment there is no integration for ipod for the e60 and idrive although dension keep promising that one is one the way

All e60's can have the aux input fitted and I believe this is being introduced as standard for new models (not sure when this starts).
Old 03-22-2006, 06:55 AM
Members

My Ride: Due May 2006: 530d SE Touring, Automatic, Titanium Grey, beige leather comfort seats, light poplar wood trim, sports steering wheel, graduated tinted windscreen, panoramic sunroof, pro radio, logic 7, 6CD, visibility pack, storage compartment pack, adv aircon
Hi all

First post here.
Finally I've found the best E60/1 forum.
Ordered my 530d Touring last week.
Waiting is really going to be hard.

Just spoke to my dealer who confirmed that mine will come with AUX as standard and that it does work alongside the 6-stacker.

I am still hanging in there for a true iPod controller though - come on Dension.....

But the Aux is always going to be handy for other non Pody things

regards
Nick

(530d Touring, Titanium Grey, beige leather, pro radio, logic 7, visibility pack, comfort seats, adv aircon) - soon, but not soon enough !!
Old 05-26-2006, 01:26 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 Jet Black on Black 530i, black walnut trim, premium package, steptronic trans, sports package (18 with run-flats and active suspension) , chrome wheels, active steering, comfort access, nav, park distance, window tint, and a big smile!

Originally Posted by needforspeed' post='257779' date='Mar 20 2006, 02:17 PM
At the moment there is no integration for ipod for the e60 and idrive although dension keep promising that one is one the way

All E60's can have the aux input fitted and I believe this is being introduced as standard for new models (not sure when this starts).
The same problem is on all 5, 6, and 7 series. All US 2007's 5's have aux standard. You can get it installed on an 06 but you may want to wait. Check out this URL:

http://ipodyourbmw.com/

Comming in July 06 from what I have been told. I'm waiting for it...

From the description it looks great!

Old 09-07-2006, 02:24 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 525i M Sport. Black - Just love it !

Guys - check this out: http://ipodyourbmw.com/

This looks like the perfect solution as the ipod is fully controlled by the i-drive wheel. You even get the track listings etc up on the i-drive screen !

Trouble is, even though the video on this link shows the guy demonstrating the whole thing on i-drive, when you dig a little deeper, it seems that it is not yet available on the E60 5 Series ??!!! It MUST be available soon - the damn video shows it working !!!

I'm in the UK and would love to hear from anyone who knows if and when this final solution will be released for the E60. Thanks...
Old 12-31-2006, 05:09 PM
Members

My Ride: 535d M sport. lots of nice toys but I apreciate the HUD and audio upgrade the most. VX220 Turbo. All options ticked.

Originally Posted by joldknow' post='332041' date='Sep 7 2006, 10:24 PM
Guys - check this out: http://ipodyourbmw.com/

This looks like the perfect solution as the ipod is fully controlled by the i-drive wheel. You even get the track listings etc up on the i-drive screen !

Trouble is, even though the video on this link shows the guy demonstrating the whole thing on i-drive, when you dig a little deeper, it seems that it is not yet available on the E60 5 Series ??!!! It MUST be available soon - the damn video shows it working !!!

I'm in the UK and would love to hear from anyone who knows if and when this final solution will be released for the E60. Thanks...

I have just made a few enquirires about this:

Clicky

Looks promissing

PS. a very happy new year... I'm probably going to have a hangover in the morning.

Quick Reply: How do I listen to my iPod, or other MP3 player