F10 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the F10 5 Series. The F10 made it's debut in 2010 as a MY2011.

Not feeling the F10-never thought I would say this

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 01:38 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This thread is funny, it seems that those who 'hate' the F10 are those who have not bought the car (for whatever reason) and those who 'love' it are those who own one already. Not hard to figure out the possible underlying motivation for the 'hatred/love'. I just ordered one and I could not care less what others think. Peace
Old 07-21-2010, 02:59 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 535i: June 6th start build, complete June 17th, at NY Port July 5th, at dealer July 10th, took delivery Friday July 13- Plantimum Bronze/Natural Brown Leather/Light Poplar, Sport Package, Sport Auto, Active Steering, Premium Package, CWP & PDC. Dinan Performance Software 384hp & 421 ft/lbs.

We are not worried about what others think, how did you get that from here? BMW took a different direction with the 3/5/7 Series, they did a sausage methodology and are expecting us to by a sausage size based upon what we can spend. I think that they missed that even though many of us can afford a 7, it's not something we aspire to or would consider buying. So making the 5 look like the 7 does nothing for us. I personally like the scalability of turbo engines, which gives the consumer more easy power enhancement options, but I would have liked the F10 to be lighter than the E60 through use of more light weight materials. I would have liked the return of SMG or newer Double Clutch transmission on non- M's.
Old 07-21-2010, 03:49 AM
Members

Originally Posted by pennetta
We are not worried about what others think, how did you get that from here? BMW took a different direction with the 3/5/7 Series, they did a sausage methodology and are expecting us to by a sausage size based upon what we can spend. I think that they missed that even though many of us can afford a 7, it's not something we aspire to or would consider buying. So making the 5 look like the 7 does nothing for us. I personally like the scalability of turbo engines, which gives the consumer more easy power enhancement options, but I would have liked the F10 to be lighter than the E60 through use of more light weight materials. I would have liked the return of SMG or newer Double Clutch transmission on non- M's.
Sorry, I am not suggesting that anyone is concerned with what others think, I just think it's too much of a coincidence that most of those saying that the E60 is better than the F10 are those who own the E60 and have not bought the F10.
Old 07-21-2010, 04:32 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Originally Posted by alpal78
Sorry, I am not suggesting that anyone is concerned with what others think, I just think it's too much of a coincidence that most of those saying that the E60 is better than the F10 are those who own the E60 and have not bought the F10.
True, but that works both ways. When the ones saying they like the F10 are those who have bought, we're not exactly working from an unbiased sample either.

I have no problem with the F10's exterior. I have spent quite a bit of time in three different test drives with the F10 and the issue for me is the weight gain and the feel of the car. It is a great car but I think pennetta is spot on that BMW has moved the 5 closer to the 7. There is nothing wrong with that but it does change the target audience a bit and those of us looking for a more sporty experience are now looking at other options.
Old 07-21-2010, 06:01 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 M3 Convertible, Alpine White/black, 6 speed 2011 535xi Tasmin Green, Venetian Beige

Like I have said on several occasions, I HATED the E60 when it came out. I thought that it looked weird and wasn't nearly as attractive as the E39. It actually took me about a year and a half to get used to it and then I bought two in a row. Not so for the M-Sport model. I liked it from the start and still consider it to be one of the nicest looking sedans BMW has ever produced. I liked the F10 from the get go but it's definitely not as unique as the E60. That doesn't mean there's anything wrong with it; it's just different. With the rapid introduction of the M-Sport package which will be available any day now, much of your impressions will change. Remember, when the E60 was introduced, if you wanted M-Sport on anything besides an M5 it was either a port installed option that cound not be residualized or a DIY. In time we will probably all grow to know and love the F10. Remember all the hate posts when the X6 came out and now they're almost universally loved. Just takes a little time.
Old 07-21-2010, 06:19 AM
Members

Time will tell .
Old 07-21-2010, 06:20 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2011 BMW 550i; Dark Graphite Metalliic/Oyster, 4.4 TT V8, 8-sp AT, Sports Package, Dynamic Handling, Premium Package 2, Cold Weather Package, HUD

Originally Posted by JeffNNJ
Like I have said on several occasions, I HATED the E60 when it came out. I thought that it looked weird and wasn't nearly as attractive as the E39. It actually took me about a year and a half to get used to it and then I bought two in a row. Not so for the M-Sport model. I liked it from the start and still consider it to be one of the nicest looking sedans BMW has ever produced. I liked the F10 from the get go but it's definitely not as unique as the E60. That doesn't mean there's anything wrong with it; it's just different. With the rapid introduction of the M-Sport package which will be available any day now, much of your impressions will change. Remember, when the E60 was introduced, if you wanted M-Sport on anything besides an M5 it was either a port installed option that cound not be residualized or a DIY. In time we will probably all grow to know and love the F10. Remember all the hate posts when the X6 came out and now they're almost universally loved. Just takes a little time.

I still Hate the X6....looks like a ladybug on steroids!

Yeah, I think the release of the M-Sport kit will change a lot of minds of those enthusiasts who are holding back. It really looks very nice on the F10 and I might get one for my myself.

In truth, all the F10 hate I've seen so far is absolutely NOTHING compared to when the E60 first came out. I remember when I first got my 545i, the hate and venom spewed my way was just unreal. Back then, some guys were so sure Bangle was going to drive BMW into the ground that they went Japanese and never came back. However, most guys did eventually come to accept the new designs and many now even love it....some to the point that if it's not Bangle-looking, it's ugly (if you can imagine that). It took a while but the public has now fully embraced the E60 design.....E60's are everywhere. I see more E60's in a day than I see Camry's or Accord's....to the point that E60's are now just dull to me.
Old 07-21-2010, 06:39 AM
Members

Thats alot of e60's . You must live in heaven !
Old 07-21-2010, 08:28 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2011 BMW 550i; Dark Graphite Metalliic/Oyster, 4.4 TT V8, 8-sp AT, Sports Package, Dynamic Handling, Premium Package 2, Cold Weather Package, HUD

Originally Posted by leadfoot
Thats alot of e60's . You must live in heaven !

Not heaven....more like purgatory! I see so many 3 series and 5 series where I live and work that it's sometimes excruciating. Even my pizza delivery guy drives a 5 series!
Old 07-21-2010, 08:47 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by alpal78
This may well be the most idiotic comment I have read on these boards in a long long time. Clearly people who dont like the f10 are the poeple who dont own one. Why would someone own one who hates it? And equally true someone who bought and F10 obviosly likes them or they would not have bought one.

Your point makes no sense-This is not 8 years down the road-this is months after the F10 came out so its not like we are all a bunch of people stuck in e60 world and cant afford an f10 so are bashing it. Many just bought an e60 with a price tag as much or more than the f10, i have had mine 3 years and its nothing about affording an f10-its the fact those who liked the e60 styling a lot-probably will not embrace the f10 because it has zero similarities in aggressiveness or uniqueness.

Its not rocket science here-those that have one like them, thos that dont-probably dont have one for a reason-they dont like them! crazy!

Quick Reply: Not feeling the F10-never thought I would say this