F10 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the F10 5 Series. The F10 made it's debut in 2010 as a MY2011.

Not feeling the F10-never thought I would say this

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 07:53 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In my opinion F10 is just another luxury sedan on the road. Most likely, it will not grow on me with time, because there is nothing controversial or shocking about it.

Did anyone think that E60 is plain when first saw it? No! People had mixed feelings because Bangle's design had delivered something different and controversial.Some loved it, and many hated E60, but people were not indifferent, like I personally am with F10 exterior.

I just do not care about it, and will not buy it because unlike lucky ones, I cannot afford to spend 70K every year, so when I buy a car I must really love it. And F10 certainly looks good, but just plain and I see nothing "thrilling" about it.There is no unique factor like it was with E60, which still differs us from other drivers out there.

Just my opinion.
Old 07-19-2010, 08:07 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by balbs
There are always going to be "pre-haters" (hope that's not too harsh a word), just like alot of people didn't like the E60 when it first came out. As mentioned earlier, it will grow on you and you will want it. While the F10 seem to take away from the sport feel, there are still a ton of people (buyers) who will get the new 5 series for it's luxurious "redesign". I have to admit though, my neighbor got a new F10 535 and that thing looks B-E-A-U-tiful!!
Meh, I've always liked E60 ever since it came out. If F10 wasn't so fug to me, maybe it will grow on me. But truthfully, it's ugly to me.
Old 07-19-2010, 08:20 PM
Contributors

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: BMW
Model Year: 2006

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
Meh, I've always liked E60 ever since it came out. If F10 wasn't so fug to me, maybe it will grow on me. But truthfully, it's ugly to me.
I always liked the E60 as well. In fact, I was surprised that there were so many reservations on it at the time it was released.
Old 07-20-2010, 01:40 AM
Contributors

My Ride: '04 545i '02 SC430 '04 RX330

didn't the steering go from electro-hydraulic to pure electric steering assistance? i think i read that in a few of the magazines.. many of whom complained about loss of feedback.
Old 07-20-2010, 02:23 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60

The F10.... man, where do I start.... Nothing about it makes my blood rush. It looks like some regular luxury car that businessmen would love. Park it next to a Lexus and Toyota and it fits right in. C'mon, that's NOT what a BMW should do!

At least Benz is going for more of a look than BMW is albeit ugly. Audi is spending a lot of time in their design dept. But BMW, they really need to fire their whole design team and get a new one.
Old 07-20-2010, 03:38 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535i 6-speed
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by lospice1
...I hate how the noses look!
me too...I don't like how the edge of the hood sweeps across the front...doesn't look good to me.
Old 07-20-2010, 05:00 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Originally Posted by Allen
me too...I don't like how the edge of the hood sweeps across the front...doesn't look good to me.
I'm not a fan either but in all fairness to BMW, the nose is a function of European pedestrian saftey standards. You can see the same shape at work in the new Mercedes models...
Old 07-20-2010, 05:05 AM
Members

I gotta admit. Seen a few F10s on the road now, even had one steam up behind me (which i left for dust! ). But one thing the E60 does so well is clear the road! - the F10 just cant compare with the E60. From the Chris B design school of aggression the E60 just looks the part. Yes the F10s cabin is slightly nicer but even the new M-sports!!!! F10 look drab - there is just no more aggression

Its withdrawn, relaxed etc etc as many of you have put "an old mans car" and doesn't hold a candle to the E60.

Once my 525 has bit the dust, I think unless the F10 LCI is any better then my next bmer will be a 535 E60!
Attached Thumbnails Not feeling the F10-never thought I would say this-img_0014.jpg  
Old 07-20-2010, 08:58 AM
Members

First of all everbody who posted on this tread is right on point . Diamond thank you for posting this tread. I thought it was just me ! im proably older than most on this forum (42) and im on my 9th bmw. When i was 11yrs old i was in my father's friends 1974 3.0csi,and that was it !! Thats when i fell in love with BMW. By that age i was in almost every car in the world cause my father was a car wholsaler for many ,many years by that time. Im trying to say is that this is the first EVER 5 series that i can honestly say i dont like. There is a big space in the wheel well (yuk), and that ugly shark nose . it looks like it has no chin ! No car magazine has given it great reviews for performance . Its turned into just another mass produced car you see on the road. P.s I hope i do change my mind, but i dont see that happening. Not when i look at my E60
Old 07-20-2010, 01:38 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i

What everyone seems to point out is that maybe the F10 will grow on us like the E60 did (which a lot of us thought was fugly when it was introduced).

However, there is one HUGE fallacy with this logic:
-The E60 styling was "out there", modern, and ahead of its time VS the F10 styling which seems to go backwards and is more conservative.

Personally, I can learn to fall in love with a car that was totally re-designed and somewhat revolutionary and bold. But I can't on a car that was severely toned down and "blah-ed".

Sorry F10, but I don't think you will ever be sitting in my garage.

Quick Reply: Not feeling the F10-never thought I would say this