F10 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the F10 5 Series. The F10 made it's debut in 2010 as a MY2011.

F10 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2010, 03:47 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Finally got my car after a 6-month long wait.

Specs of my car:
F10 523i Highline
Sapphire Black
Oyster / Black
Comfort Access
Sport auto transmission with paddle shift and sport steering wheel
Park Assist / PDC
Integral Active Steering
Navigation System Professional
Hifi Sound System
18 inch rim with runflat

Initial impressions after clocking 47 km:
1. Ride comfort is much better than E60 and near 7 series territory. It feels more like a smaller 7 than a proper 5 compared to E60. Surprisingly, the runflat tyres did not ruin the ride comfort nor do I feel more bumps on the road.
2. Car not as sporty as E60 in the way it drives and handles. Maybe it is new and I dare not "thrash" it so much.
3. Interior is way ahead of E60. Layout is logical and ergonomical.
4. Front passenger space feels less than E60 due to the large central console wrapping around the front seats. Rear leg room slightly more than E60.
5. Sport auto transmission with paddle shift makes the car feel more nimble than without this option. Not sure why this is so. May be the throttle and steering responses are programmed differently with this option. Any one able to shed light on this?
6. Integral active steering is a joy to use when doing parking and making U-turn. Somehow, it feels better than the Servotronic electric steering in the F10 than I test drove. Without IAS, the steering feels artificial. Not sure if this is also due to sport auto option. This is an expensive option (S$6,500) and while it does make the car feel and handle better, I think it is not a must have option. I got it only because I am used to the active steering in my E60. However, I did not feel that much of a difference between IAS in the F10 and AS in my previous E60.
7. Car feels much bigger than E60 especially when going up multi-story car parks.

The only complaint I have is that while the car is equipped with a USB port, there is no iPod interface. When I downloaded my iPod music onto the on-board harddisk, the titles of the songs are no longer there. Wonder if there is a software upgrade available to address this. Can anyone advise whether the use of an auxilliary cable would address this? The alternative is to attach my iPod to the USB port in the central armrest console and playing the music from the iPod directly but this is not as convenient or elegant.

Overall, enjoying my new ride a lot.
Old 09-28-2010, 06:21 PM
Members

My Ride: F10 523i W221 S300L Boxster S

Hey Bro!

Congratulation on the collection of your F10.
To get the ipod working properly, you would need to purchase the Y-cable from PML which would enable your ipod to function properly when connected to the USB interface.

Originally Posted by Kiasu King
Finally got my car after a 6-month long wait.

Specs of my car:
F10 523i Highline
Sapphire Black
Oyster / Black
Comfort Access
Sport auto transmission with paddle shift and sport steering wheel
Park Assist / PDC
Integral Active Steering
Navigation System Professional
Hifi Sound System
18 inch rim with runflat

Initial impressions after clocking 47 km:
1. Ride comfort is much better than E60 and near 7 series territory. It feels more like a smaller 7 than a proper 5 compared to E60. Surprisingly, the runflat tyres did not ruin the ride comfort nor do I feel more bumps on the road.
2. Car not as sporty as E60 in the way it drives and handles. Maybe it is new and I dare not "thrash" it so much.
3. Interior is way ahead of E60. Layout is logical and ergonomical.
4. Front passenger space feels less than E60 due to the large central console wrapping around the front seats. Rear leg room slightly more than E60.
5. Sport auto transmission with paddle shift makes the car feel more nimble than without this option. Not sure why this is so. May be the throttle and steering responses are programmed differently with this option. Any one able to shed light on this?
6. Integral active steering is a joy to use when doing parking and making U-turn. Somehow, it feels better than the Servotronic electric steering in the F10 than I test drove. Without IAS, the steering feels artificial. Not sure if this is also due to sport auto option. This is an expensive option (S$6,500) and while it does make the car feel and handle better, I think it is not a must have option. I got it only because I am used to the active steering in my E60. However, I did not feel that much of a difference between IAS in the F10 and AS in my previous E60.
7. Car feels much bigger than E60 especially when going up multi-story car parks.

The only complaint I have is that while the car is equipped with a USB port, there is no iPod interface. When I downloaded my iPod music onto the on-board harddisk, the titles of the songs are no longer there. Wonder if there is a software upgrade available to address this. Can anyone advise whether the use of an auxilliary cable would address this? The alternative is to attach my iPod to the USB port in the central armrest console and playing the music from the iPod directly but this is not as convenient or elegant.

Overall, enjoying my new ride a lot.
Old 09-30-2010, 04:18 AM
Members

Hi heerajs, thanks. Just bought the Y cable and I can now control the ipod from the steering wheel.

Originally Posted by heerajs
Hey Bro!

Congratulation on the collection of your F10.
To get the ipod working properly, you would need to purchase the Y-cable from PML which would enable your ipod to function properly when connected to the USB interface.
Old 04-12-2011, 07:29 PM
Senior Members

Hello KK. You're at it again....Singapore thread!!! Congrats on your new 523. Don't see any of the E60 Singapore guys here except you. Have a great time and hope you guys improve on the postings we did on the E60 Singapore thread!!!
Old 04-16-2011, 04:55 AM
Senior Members

Oops!!!....failed to check on the dates of last postings.....seems this thread is cold too
Old 05-03-2011, 07:07 AM
Members

Yes, it has However, I truly enjoyed the posts by you, KK, tategoi, totoseow (apologies to those whose nicks I did not mention) on the E60 thread
Old 08-10-2011, 11:06 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi All,

Its been a while. Not sure if some of you guys remember. I remember the days of tategoi, totoseow, edlee in their E60s Be nice to catch up sometime soon.

I've changed to a F10 525d from my E60 530i, petrol prices way too high in the UK!

Cheers