E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

My E61-525d-RH 19", dropped, M-tech

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 12:31 AM
New Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: '04 E61 525d TITANGRAU II METALLIC (A36) LEDER DAKOTA/BEIGE 3 (LCBA) SIDE AIRBAG FOR REAR PASSENGERS ALARM SYSTEM ROOF RAIL SUNBLINDS FOR REAR SIDE WINDOWS, MECH FLOOR MATS, VELOUR INT/EXT RR VW MIRROR W AUT ANTI-DAZZLE INTERIOR RR VW MIRROR W AUT ANTI-DAZZLE WOOD TRIM CUPHOLDER SEAT HEATING F DRIVER/FRONT PASSENGER HEADLIGHT WASHER SYSTEM PARK DISTANCE CONTROL (PDC) XENON LIGHT ADAPTIVE HEADLIGHTS AUTOMATIC AIR CONDITIONING CRUISE CONTROL NAVIGATION SYSTEM PROFESSIONAL CAR TELEPHONE PROFESSIONAL CD CHANGER BMW FOR 6 CDS

Thnx Snow! Don't worry, I'm not planning on tinting the windows anymore.

The car is actually changed a bit since the last time I've posted here.

The RH's are gone. Replaced with Style 128reps in 9x19 and 10x19" (wider than OEM )I still have the RH's however. It's possible I mount wider lips on them, drop the car a little more and put them back on the car. Just an idea...

Other than that some other things ar added to the car. CF Splitters are added to front bumper and I've blacked out the eyebrows on the headlights like the way the taillights are done.

The most important mod happened to the audio. I've added a Dension GateWay 500 to the head-unit with a 32GB USB-Stick on it. As for the sound, the standard audio-install was crap so I've upgraded it with an Audio-System X-Ion 200 BMW speakerset powered by a DLS Ultimate A7 5-channel amp. It's an incredible difference compared to stock audio.

Last but not least: Some pictures of how the car looks right now. Everybody loves pics.
Attached Thumbnails My E61-525d-RH 19", dropped, M-tech-dsc05997-hdr-resize.jpg   My E61-525d-RH 19", dropped, M-tech-dsc06005-hdr-resize.jpg   My E61-525d-RH 19", dropped, M-tech-dsc06022-hdr-resize.jpg   My E61-525d-RH 19", dropped, M-tech-dsc06043-hdr-resize.jpg   My E61-525d-RH 19", dropped, M-tech-dsc06074-hdr-resize.jpg  

My E61-525d-RH 19", dropped, M-tech-dsc06117-hdr-resize.jpg  
Old 03-25-2010, 06:13 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

That looks incredible!!

I had the 128s on my E61 and thought they looked great. On a lowered E61 like yours they just look spot on

M5 Mirrors would look great... I am selling my pre-9/2005 OEM M5 mirrors because they don't fit on my 11/2005 E60 -- only 4 months use and immaculate. PM me if you are interested
Old 03-26-2010, 07:52 AM
New Members

My Ride: '04 E61 525d TITANGRAU II METALLIC (A36) LEDER DAKOTA/BEIGE 3 (LCBA) SIDE AIRBAG FOR REAR PASSENGERS ALARM SYSTEM ROOF RAIL SUNBLINDS FOR REAR SIDE WINDOWS, MECH FLOOR MATS, VELOUR INT/EXT RR VW MIRROR W AUT ANTI-DAZZLE INTERIOR RR VW MIRROR W AUT ANTI-DAZZLE WOOD TRIM CUPHOLDER SEAT HEATING F DRIVER/FRONT PASSENGER HEADLIGHT WASHER SYSTEM PARK DISTANCE CONTROL (PDC) XENON LIGHT ADAPTIVE HEADLIGHTS AUTOMATIC AIR CONDITIONING CRUISE CONTROL NAVIGATION SYSTEM PROFESSIONAL CAR TELEPHONE PROFESSIONAL CD CHANGER BMW FOR 6 CDS

Thanks xBMWx.

Also thanks for the offer. I like the looks of the M5 mirrors but I think they're too expencive for what they are. I actually don't mind the original ones that much. They aren't that bad looking. Also the original ones are auto-folding, and auto dimming. I don't want to loose those functions.

So, again, thanks but M5 mirrors are not on top of my list of things to buy right now.
Old 03-29-2010, 05:42 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bimmerstyle
(...)

Did you have any problems with the PDC sensor and harness? i have an 08 535xi also doing a m tech kit on it. Ran into trouble with the PDC my stocks PCD sensor are to small had to order bigger PDC sensor frm BWM.......... Also like to know what brand coilovers i can buy for my car H&R dont make any and KW says no for AWD? anyone has a AWD with coilovers please help Thanks
Old 03-29-2010, 05:57 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: MY07 525xi Silver Gray
Model Year: 2007

to the forum!

H&R make sport springs only ... KW v3 is available for xi/awd sedan ... just not sure if KW v3 for wagon is out yet.

Originally Posted by tuche2
Did you have any problems with the PDC sensor and harness? i have an 08 535xi also doing a m tech kit on it. Ran into trouble with the PDC my stocks PCD sensor are to small had to order bigger PDC sensor frm BWM.......... Also like to know what brand coilovers i can buy for my car H&R dont make any and KW says no for AWD? anyone has a AWD with coilovers please help Thanks
Old 03-30-2010, 12:22 AM
New Members

On my car the stock PDC sensors fitted perfectly in the openings in the M-Tech bumpers. No problems at all. The holes in the M-tech bumpers were just as big as in the stock ones. So the fact that yours is an LCI version of the E61 will probably be the problem.

H&R has the monotube coilovers for the 2-wheel drive E61. However, they only deliver the front coilovers and no shock-absorbers for the rear. On the rear you will have to adjust the height level sensor of the air-suspension and use the OEM shock-absorbers. I don't know if these will fit the 4-wheel drive E61 however. I don't really think they do.

KW has only the Variant 3 available for the 4-wheel drive E61. Here you get front coilovers and rear shock-absorbers. Rear height is also set by adjusting the sensor of the air-suspension. Replacement sensor rods are delivered in the package I believe.
Old 04-21-2010, 07:52 PM
Members

I like the 128 reps more than your other rims....it looks very sporty....nice job....do those rims come in 20's.....and If you could get the 21in 128 reps would they fit?
Old 04-22-2010, 04:41 AM
New Members

Thank you MKWagon530.

To answer your question, no they are not available in 20". Only 19".

The 21" 128 reps should fit but personally I think that 21" is a little big on an E60/61. I think that 20" is the perfect size on an E61. If I ever should stumble across a nice 20" wheel the style 128 will be replaced. But until then I'm verry happy with them.
Old 04-22-2010, 02:07 PM
Members

I would def like to see the 21in 128 reps on a wagon....I'm just curious to see what it would look like....I have 20's on my wagon and I think there is enough space for the 21's.....
Old 05-06-2010, 04:59 AM
Members

My Ride: E61 535d

Originally Posted by Bimmerstyle
Thanks Hilden.

The light paint is reversible. They also sell a can of remover for it. Simply rub it on and the paint will come of.

The shadowline is painted. But all the trims were removed. Then they were professionaly painted. My best friend owns a body shop, he did this. So now they are just as strong as conventional car paint.

The rear window doesn't need to come out at all for removing the trimming. The trim simply snaps out. You have to be carefull though. It's fixed pretty firmly. You have to make sure you don't bend the trimming. But it is possible to remove them without taking out the window.

Do you know what color was used? Did you paint the trims matte black or gloss black? I'm thinking of going gloss black as it is almost impossible to get the trims same color than the pillar trims.. or is it?

Quick Reply: My E61-525d-RH 19", dropped, M-tech