E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

My E61-525d-RH 19", dropped, M-tech

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 06:25 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 530i
Model Year: 2004

Great pics. Your E61 looks awesome.
Old 09-07-2009, 06:27 AM
New Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: '04 E61 525d TITANGRAU II METALLIC (A36) LEDER DAKOTA/BEIGE 3 (LCBA) SIDE AIRBAG FOR REAR PASSENGERS ALARM SYSTEM ROOF RAIL SUNBLINDS FOR REAR SIDE WINDOWS, MECH FLOOR MATS, VELOUR INT/EXT RR VW MIRROR W AUT ANTI-DAZZLE INTERIOR RR VW MIRROR W AUT ANTI-DAZZLE WOOD TRIM CUPHOLDER SEAT HEATING F DRIVER/FRONT PASSENGER HEADLIGHT WASHER SYSTEM PARK DISTANCE CONTROL (PDC) XENON LIGHT ADAPTIVE HEADLIGHTS AUTOMATIC AIR CONDITIONING CRUISE CONTROL NAVIGATION SYSTEM PROFESSIONAL CAR TELEPHONE PROFESSIONAL CD CHANGER BMW FOR 6 CDS

They are sprayed. I was looking for some aftermarked ones but nothing exists for the E61. So I used a spray can from motip. Personaly I think the result looks quite good. If you don't know they're sprayed you will never notice it unless you look at them really close then you will see the line where I masked them. Also the light that is still coming through is really bright. I like it.

Edit: Thnx Xman.
Old 09-07-2009, 07:08 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

As I wrote before, it just gives it such a clean look at the rear, combined with the titanium grey paint and black diffuser. Great result!

I see you had professional photos taken. Any reason why you had the sun visors down? Was that intentional or just coincedence?
Old 09-07-2009, 07:37 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Titanium Gray 550i, Cold Weather Package, Premium Sound Package, Sport Package, Shadowline trim, Parking Distance Conrol, Xenon, Adaptive Headlight Control, Navigation System, Satellite

Originally Posted by Bimmerstyle' post='1000326' date='Sep 6 2009, 04:35 PM
Hi, I'd like to present my '04 525d. I have it now for about 4 months. I bougth it completely stock.

It has quite a few options of wich the most relevant are:
-Beige leather
-Navi Professional
-Telephone Professional
-Seat heating
-PDC
-Xenon
-Adaptive headlights
-Dimming Mirrors (in and out)
-Folding Mirrors
-Cup Holders.

The mods I've done so far are:
-H&R springs -4cm front + adjustment air suspension rear
-RH AK Ph?nix 8,5x19 + 9,5x19
-Toyo T1R Proxes 225/35/19 & 255/30/19
-Full M-tech bodykit
-CF Logo's
-Blacked out kindneys
-Shadowline
-Smoked taillights

Planned mods:
-CF-Splitters (have them, need to put them on...)
-MP3 activation
-Dension GW500
-DLS Ultimate A7 5-channel amp (have it, is collecting dust right now.. )
-Audio system X--ION 200 BMW front speakers
-Hertz EBX 250 B Subwoofer (have it, using it as night stand in guest room at the moment.. )
-Audison Bit One Processor

Here are some pictures of the car. First one is when I bought it, the others are how it looks now.

Clean, classy, and a badass E61
Old 09-07-2009, 08:12 AM
New Members

My Ride: '04 E61 525d TITANGRAU II METALLIC (A36) LEDER DAKOTA/BEIGE 3 (LCBA) SIDE AIRBAG FOR REAR PASSENGERS ALARM SYSTEM ROOF RAIL SUNBLINDS FOR REAR SIDE WINDOWS, MECH FLOOR MATS, VELOUR INT/EXT RR VW MIRROR W AUT ANTI-DAZZLE INTERIOR RR VW MIRROR W AUT ANTI-DAZZLE WOOD TRIM CUPHOLDER SEAT HEATING F DRIVER/FRONT PASSENGER HEADLIGHT WASHER SYSTEM PARK DISTANCE CONTROL (PDC) XENON LIGHT ADAPTIVE HEADLIGHTS AUTOMATIC AIR CONDITIONING CRUISE CONTROL NAVIGATION SYSTEM PROFESSIONAL CAR TELEPHONE PROFESSIONAL CD CHANGER BMW FOR 6 CDS

@Frank5er: Thank you very much!

@xBMWx: Thanks again. But about those pictures... I took them myself. It's kind of a hobby of mine.

And those sunvisors really are a bad habit of mine. They're always down. I really can't drive anymore with them up. Even at night they are down. The windshield looks so big when I put them up.
Old 09-07-2009, 08:16 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 Audi A8 4.2TDI Previous rides: 2005 E61 530d, 20" Breyton reps, Eibach springs, M5 bumper/mirrors/MFSW 2000 Audi S6 Avant, 18" OZ, RS6 exhaust etc 1998 Audi A8 4,2Q, 19" RS4 wheels, Remus exhaust KW coilovers etc 1986 Audi 100CC, funky fresh steel rims w plastic covers, rubber lip on boot..... 1987 BMW 320i, 15" alloys + rubber lip on boot :) 1982 Opel Ascona 1,6DL, tinted windows and a big-ass subwoofer :P

Originally Posted by xBMWx' post='1000786' date='Sep 7 2009, 05:08 PM
As I wrote before, it just gives it such a clean look at the rear, combined with the titanium grey paint and black diffuser. Great result!
2nd that! The tails (and obviously the rest of the car as well) look great. Is it reversible? If so I'll run off and get me a can as well.

How did you do the shadowline? Painted as well or did you find a good way (i.e. NOT involving removing rear windows) to replace the chrome trim???
Old 09-07-2009, 08:24 AM
New Members

Thanks Hilden.

The light paint is reversible. They also sell a can of remover for it. Simply rub it on and the paint will come of.

The shadowline is painted. But all the trims were removed. Then they were professionaly painted. My best friend owns a body shop, he did this. So now they are just as strong as conventional car paint.

The rear window doesn't need to come out at all for removing the trimming. The trim simply snaps out. You have to be carefull though. It's fixed pretty firmly. You have to make sure you don't bend the trimming. But it is possible to remove them without taking out the window.
Old 09-07-2009, 08:38 AM
New Members

I have no pictures of the removing itself but here are some pictures of the car with the trim removed.

Old 09-07-2009, 08:41 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 Black E61 530Xd - M-sport - Comfort - Advantage

Originally Posted by Bimmerstyle' post='1000367' date='Sep 7 2009, 01:36 AM
Thanks guys!

I've been thinking about a window tint but personaly I'm not a fan of tinting only the rear windows. I would like to tint all the windows except for the front windshield but in Belgium it's illegal to tint the front side windows. So that's why I'm probably not gonna tint any of the windows.
You do have absolutely fabulous car!!!

Thats exactly the same thing over here in Finland with the regulations. Its illegal to tint the front...so its all or nothing on the side windows! I tinted only the rear window with 35% film and it looks good.

Those tinted tails are beautiful I?ve been searching also some aftermarket ones, but there isn?t any...
Now I?m just waiting to see those splitters on.

But Bimmerstyle, while driving as nice e61 as you have, you shouldn`t need to hide behind those sunvisors
Old 09-07-2009, 08:52 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Originally Posted by Bimmerstyle' post='1000832' date='Sep 7 2009, 06:12 PM
And those sunvisors really are a bad habit of mine. They're always down. I really can't drive anymore with them up. Even at night they are down. The windshield looks so big when I put them up.
Thank God you didn't order the Panorama Roof!!

Quick Reply: My E61-525d-RH 19", dropped, M-tech