E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

My E61-525d-RH 19", dropped, M-tech

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 08:59 AM
New Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: '04 E61 525d TITANGRAU II METALLIC (A36) LEDER DAKOTA/BEIGE 3 (LCBA) SIDE AIRBAG FOR REAR PASSENGERS ALARM SYSTEM ROOF RAIL SUNBLINDS FOR REAR SIDE WINDOWS, MECH FLOOR MATS, VELOUR INT/EXT RR VW MIRROR W AUT ANTI-DAZZLE INTERIOR RR VW MIRROR W AUT ANTI-DAZZLE WOOD TRIM CUPHOLDER SEAT HEATING F DRIVER/FRONT PASSENGER HEADLIGHT WASHER SYSTEM PARK DISTANCE CONTROL (PDC) XENON LIGHT ADAPTIVE HEADLIGHTS AUTOMATIC AIR CONDITIONING CRUISE CONTROL NAVIGATION SYSTEM PROFESSIONAL CAR TELEPHONE PROFESSIONAL CD CHANGER BMW FOR 6 CDS

Thnx Seip??nreik?! (what a name!)

Thats exactly the same thing over here in Finland with the regulations. Its illegal to tint the front...so its all or nothing on the side windows! I tinted only the rear window with 35% film and it looks good.
Yeah I know but only the rear windows... I don't know. I don't really like it. I could take my chances and tint them all. But it's a hassle. Then I have to change windows every year for the car's inspection (that's something that has to be done here in Belgium) and when the cops pull me over chances are that I have to rip the film of right there on the spot...
When they are in a good mood you will have to come over to the police station a couple of days later to make sure the tint is removed.

I once had it on a car and I was more often changing windows (I had an extra pair of non-tinted front windows) on that one than I was driving the car.
And that was a E34 so changing windows was simple on that one. With this one I don't know yet how difficult it is but it probably will be a little more comprehensive than a E34...

But Bimmerstyle, while driving as nice e61 as you have, you shouldn`t need to hide behind those sunvisors
It's clear you haven't seen my face yet!
Old 09-07-2009, 09:02 AM
New Members

My Ride: '04 E61 525d TITANGRAU II METALLIC (A36) LEDER DAKOTA/BEIGE 3 (LCBA) SIDE AIRBAG FOR REAR PASSENGERS ALARM SYSTEM ROOF RAIL SUNBLINDS FOR REAR SIDE WINDOWS, MECH FLOOR MATS, VELOUR INT/EXT RR VW MIRROR W AUT ANTI-DAZZLE INTERIOR RR VW MIRROR W AUT ANTI-DAZZLE WOOD TRIM CUPHOLDER SEAT HEATING F DRIVER/FRONT PASSENGER HEADLIGHT WASHER SYSTEM PARK DISTANCE CONTROL (PDC) XENON LIGHT ADAPTIVE HEADLIGHTS AUTOMATIC AIR CONDITIONING CRUISE CONTROL NAVIGATION SYSTEM PROFESSIONAL CAR TELEPHONE PROFESSIONAL CD CHANGER BMW FOR 6 CDS

Originally Posted by xBMWx' post='1000887' date='Sep 7 2009, 06:52 PM
Thank God you didn't order the Panorama Roof!!
Actually I wanted a panorama roof but I didn't find a car with all the options I wanted and a panorama roof. They're really rare over here. So I scratched the roof of my list of things that I wanted.

But now I think about it you're probably right. Way too much glass surrounding me!
Old 09-07-2009, 10:12 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 Audi A8 4.2TDI Previous rides: 2005 E61 530d, 20" Breyton reps, Eibach springs, M5 bumper/mirrors/MFSW 2000 Audi S6 Avant, 18" OZ, RS6 exhaust etc 1998 Audi A8 4,2Q, 19" RS4 wheels, Remus exhaust KW coilovers etc 1986 Audi 100CC, funky fresh steel rims w plastic covers, rubber lip on boot..... 1987 BMW 320i, 15" alloys + rubber lip on boot :) 1982 Opel Ascona 1,6DL, tinted windows and a big-ass subwoofer :P

Originally Posted by Bimmerstyle' post='1000847' date='Sep 7 2009, 06:24 PM
Thanks Hilden.

The light paint is reversible. They also sell a can of remover for it. Simply rub it on and the paint will come of.

The shadowline is painted. But all the trims were removed. Then they were professionaly painted. My best friend owns a body shop, he did this. So now they are just as strong as conventional car paint.

The rear window doesn't need to come out at all for removing the trimming. The trim simply snaps out. You have to be carefull though. It's fixed pretty firmly. You have to make sure you don't bend the trimming. But it is possible to remove them without taking out the window.
Thanks a lot man! I have always been told one need to remove the windows to get the rear trim off but apparently it can be done Part of me want to award you a member of the year prize for this info while the other part curse you for finding me even more ways of spending $$$$ on this car

Is there any special order in which to remove that trim? And does it snap right out starting from one side or should one attack it from top or bottom side? I wouldn't care too much about the trim itself since I'm going for new ones but I don't want to mess up the clips.
Old 09-08-2009, 06:48 AM
New Members

I started with the bottom trim. Started at the door. With a little flathead screwdriver you can pul it out a little bit towards yourself (not up like the ones on the door). Step by step work your way to the back.

For the top trim it's the same. Start at the door and work your way back.

That's the way I did it. It seemed the right way of doing it without messing up the trims.
Old 11-04-2009, 03:26 AM
Members

Hello,
I am French, excuse I for my approximate English.
I am very interess? by your fires(lights) rear. Where you are got for you these jewels.
Thank you in advance.
Old 11-07-2009, 10:06 AM
Members

Originally Posted by E61 TOURING' post='1046721' date='Nov 4 2009, 01:26 PM
Hello,
I am French, excuse I for my approximate English.
I am very interess? by your fires(lights) rear. Where you are got for you these jewels.
Thank you in advance.

He had a tint spray and sprayed them.

Im liking the car alot!, great pictures as well, i had to look at them again as i couldnt quite get why it stood out....and it was the chrome trim...more the lack of it, makes it look much better, wheels are a great choice...love it!
Old 11-07-2009, 10:10 AM
Members

Thank's a lot.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:38 AM
Members

Hi,

Bimmerstyle you have very good looking ride there congrats

How is the ride with those H&R?s and which set is it as it lowers 40mm?
I?m also planning to lower my E61 but not sure how to do it.
My previous car was E60 530D with standard suspension. I changed springs only to Eibach 30-35mm lowering and did not like the result.
Lowering was ok but ride quality was not, it was somewhat bouncing in bumps with standard shocks

Now my E61 has standard suspension with Dynamic Drive and I like it alot but ride hight bothers me, wanna make it lower

Also if anyone have some comment about standard suspension lowering recommedations please share..

Thanks,
Old 03-22-2010, 10:29 PM
New Members

Too little, too late I guess... I completely forgot about this topic..

The springs are actually about 35mm lower, not 40 as I mentioned before. My bad.

The ride actually is pretty good. Not too stiff but just enough to be sporty. The rear has a tendency to bounce a little bit when there are many small bumps one short after an other. But overal I'm pretty pleased with the way it drives.
Old 03-23-2010, 01:56 AM
Members

My Ride: Type 535D (EUR) Dev. series E61 Body type TOUR Steering L Engine M57X Cubical capacity 3.00 Gearbox AUT Colour SILBERGRAU METALLIC (A08) Upholstery LEDER NASCA SCHWARZ (U6SW) Order options No. Description 2NP M LT/ALY W. DOUBLE SPOKE 135 M W.RUNFLA 205 AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION 217 ACTIVE STEERING 235 TRAILER-HITCH WITH REMOVABLE HEAD 261 SIDE AIRBAG FOR REAR PASSENGERS 316 AUTOMATIC TAILGATE OPERATION 320 MODEL DESIGNATION, DELETION 337 M SPORTS PACKAGE 356 CLIMATE COMFORT LAMINATED GLASS 386 ROOF RAIL 4M3 INTERIOR TRIM.FINI. ALU. CUBE PURE 402 PANORAMA GLASS ROOF 423 FLOOR MATS, VELOUR 428 WARNING TRIANGLE 430 INT/EXT RR VW MIRROR W AUT ANTI-DAZZLE 431 INTERIOR RR VW MIRROR W AUT ANTI-DAZZLE 441 SMOKERS PACKAGE 442 CUPHOLDER 453 ACTIVE SEAT VENTILATION, FRONT 455 ACTIVE SEAT F DRIVER AND FRONT PASSENGER 456 COMFORT SEATS, ELECTRIC. ADJUSTABLE 496 SEAT HEATING FOR REAR SEATS 502 HEADLIGHT WASHER SYSTEM 508 PARK DISTANCE CONTROL (PDC) 522 XENON LIGHT 524 ADAPTIVE HEADLIGHTS 541 ACTIVE CRUISE CONTROL 563 LIGHTS PACKAGE 6AA BMW TELESERVICES 601 TV FUNCTION 609 NAVIGATION SYSTEM PROFESSIONAL 610 HEAD UP DISPLAY 612 BMW ASSIST 616 BMW ONLINE 620 VOICE INPUT SYSTEM 633 PREP.MOB. PH. BUSINESS BLUET.INTERF. 672 CD CHANGER BMW FOR 6 CDS 677 HIFI SYSTEM PROFESSIONAL 698 AREA-CODE 2 704 M SPORT SUSPENSION 710 M LEATHER STEERING WHEEL 715 M AERODYNAMICS PACKAGE 760 INDIVIDUAL HIGH-GLOSS SATIN CHROME 775 INDIVIDUAL ROOF-LINING ANTHRACITE 8SA COUNTRY SPEC. RELEASE OF NAVIGATION 8SP COP CONTROL 801 GERMANY VERSION 863 EUROPE/DEALER DIRECTORY 879 GERMAN/OWNERS HANDBOOK/SERVICE BOOKLET Series options No. Description 534 AUTOMATIC AIR CONDITIONING 548 SPEEDOMETER WITH KILOMETER READING 785 WHITE DIRECTION INDICATOR LIGHTS 851 LANGUAGE VERSION GERMAN Hartge Tunning (309 hp) (648 nm)

You car looks good as it is do not tint the windows..!

Quick Reply: My E61-525d-RH 19", dropped, M-tech