E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Sportautomatic (SAT) retrofit

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 06:30 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: e60 LCI 535d msport

Originally Posted by bert69
you have to coding and put a new firmware on the gear ecu
How do you put firmware on the gear Ecu?

I have fitted the shifter and Ecu for SAT but not the paddles.
Old 01-30-2013, 12:14 AM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 530e Alpine White
Model Year: 2017

Hello experts.
Finally I have ordered the steering with paddles, they came from an 07 M6, they have three wires in the paddles. I remember reading somewhere that LCI has two wires from the paddles. Did I buy the wrong ones? The reason I bought those is I wanted to have pull-pull shifts, not push-pull shifts like the ones you get from those normal paddles, also wanted the (+) and (-) light up.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:34 AM
New Members

My Ride: E60 530i LCI N53

UK spec LCI 530i hardware fitted, I found a SAT gearshift ECU on ebay very cheaply and bought the rest of the bits from my dealer

With no coding I only get the stiffer steering when SPORT button is pressed, I don't notice any improvement in throttle response nor do the gearshift change to Sport characteristics with SPORT button pressed whilst in D mode.

Next up I will code the $2TB VO into the KOMBI, EGS, SZL & SZM once my cable arrives so I will get the correct SPORT display on the dash. Can someone confirm if it's better to code whole car or just those modules above with NCS Expert? What difference will it make?

I don't have paddles fitted so I will have to figure out how to remove the specific paddle coding for that in the EGS module, seen a post about that somewhere so will keep reading.

Sportautomatic (SAT) retrofit-dsc_0026.jpg
Old 02-01-2013, 12:48 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

SAT was a $500 option, from all the parts and work involved it seems it was a REALLY cheap option for what you get. I am really glad my "new" 550 has SAT - it is REALLY badass, I love it
Old 02-03-2013, 10:36 PM
Members

@leew88: Do not code everything, otherwise you will loose DS if you do not install paddles. As the car will start looking for paddles and then put it in failsafe mode. Only code KOMBI if you want Sport in display.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:28 AM
New Members

My Ride: Boxster S

Whew.... 57 pages later and here I am at the end. I've got a 2010 E61 and would love to get the heavier steering. I didn't see anything here to indicated that it may be possible with some smaller set of parts or coding. Is this a correct assumption?

I assume that the rev matched downshifts is the same situation, need all the hardware to make it happen.

If the above is true I guess I'll have to do some thinking about mod priorities on the new wagon.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:51 AM
New Members

My Ride: E60 530i LCI N53

There was one complete unit for sale on ebay which just ended, was surprised it did'nt get any bids!. It would of been a bargain at under £200 considering it will cost you double that price new.

BMW Gear Selector Switch For E60,E61,E63,E64 Sport | eBay

It's for a UK spec (RHD), the ECU underneath is the same, just the top part gear shift lever is the other was round (ie button is on right side), not sure if the silver/black trim will fit the US model though.

I have just coded my KOMBI only with $2TB VO and now get the SPORT to display on the dash, the best part of it is the heavier steering. Still got to flash my EGS with the sports firmware to complete the upgrade
Old 02-06-2013, 10:08 AM
Members

Hi,
Just confirmed that my paddles from M5 is indeed pre-lci. Does anybody know about the value of resistors on the lci paddles. I was thinking of putting in the resistors to make the paddles compatible with LCI. People have removed the resistors from LCI paddles in E90 and fitted them to preLCI. so reverse should also be possible. chrome paddle to lci swop help needed - BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum - E90Post.com

Anybody who have EDS would really help if they can look up and help in any way possible. From the SIB I already know the following:
The correct voltage values should be the following:
"D" position – between 3.7 V - 3.8 V
"Upshift" – between 2.4 V - 2.5 V
"Downshift" – between 1.2 V - 1.25 V
Old 02-13-2013, 01:13 AM
New Members

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: LCI E61 530xd allmost full now with SAT
Model Year: 2009
Engine: M57S

BOah guys,

it's been some time that I had read a 57 page thread Very interesting indeed, especially the fact that NoQuarter has fitted the SAT on an x-Drive. I've bought a 530dx a month ago and came across rsyed's DIY. After reading a lot of stuff on the net I had come to the conclusion that it must be possible to do that on the x-Drive's as well. I had been pointed by a fellow member at the german forum that You have NoQuarter here.
The parts are already in my trunk and I will start installing all (including paddles) and will let U know guys if it works. My BMW technician claims that there are chances that it might even work with an updated VO. If not I will have to use the help of a coding guy

Timiboy
Old 02-14-2013, 07:40 AM
New Members

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: LCI E61 530xd allmost full now with SAT
Model Year: 2009
Engine: M57S

@ NoQuarter

Can You share if and how You flashed the EGS? Was it using Sat Soft e.g.?

Timiboy

Quick Reply: Sportautomatic (SAT) retrofit