E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Sportautomatic (SAT) retrofit

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2012, 04:57 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And, can I just do the SAT ecu, shifter and button?

Yes - look the first page ... thats your only choice !
Old 09-17-2012, 06:31 AM
Members

My Ride: 525i E61 LCI auto, pro media, memory seats , pano roof, power fold mirrors, extended interior light pack, visibility pack, sun protect windows, 172 spiders.

Originally Posted by bert69
No ! the retrofit SAT with the steerig wheel is only possible to cars wich was official faktory SAT possible 530i,530d ,535i 550i ....(Gear 6HP28 from ZF ~ 6hp26 TÜ BMW )
Not true

I have done the paddles retro to my 525i 6hp19TU box May 2007 build. The connections ARE already there apart from the wires from the SZL to the e box
Old 09-18-2012, 12:12 AM
Members

kleynie ... we talk about orig SAT retrofit ... incl ECU (EGS) SAT flash !
Not only the wheel !

You without ECU - only slow shifting :thumbsdown: .... it s boring.
Old 09-18-2012, 11:59 AM
New Members

... Hello. Sorry for my bad language, i'm french. I don't understand all. I've done the hardware retrofit (sat shifter, ecu and sport bouton AND a strange wheel with paddle).
I change the VO (for adding $2TB and delete $205 of CAS and LMA). But when I want to code $2TB tothe KOMBI, "sport" light on but My RPM gauge don't want to move. When I delete $2TB, the gauge is ok !! Any Idea, please?
And my steering wheel has SSG paddles (push-pull) with resistor. And It don't work..
My car is 535d 03/2007 LCI.
PS : I have already all the wiring SZL to Ebox? It's normal?
A big thanks to this forum and hope seriously an little help.
Old 09-18-2012, 08:41 PM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 530e Alpine White
Model Year: 2017

Originally Posted by kleynie
Not true

I have done the paddles retro to my 525i 6hp19TU box May 2007 build. The connections ARE already there apart from the wires from the SZL to the e box
Hi,
Could you share what did you have to do to have the paddles retrofit? I have already ordered the ECU and lever from ebay, will be going to the dealer early next week to order the sport switch and the trim piece. Only missing the wheel. Did you also do the sport ECU?

@bert69: I though it is not possible to get the paddles without the sport ECU. I would love to have both
Old 09-19-2012, 01:18 PM
Members

So I had car for a day that didn't have SAT. IT had the standard Steptronic transmission and pushing it over into "DS" mode felt pretty good to me. The car I ultimately ended up buying is a 2010 sport with SAT stock and again DS mode feels great. Here's what I don't understand: what is the difference between DS (pushing the lever to the left) and pressing the sport button? Both appear to hold the gear longer and make the shifts firmer. BMW's own literature is pretty ambiguous as to the actual function of the sport button.
Old 09-20-2012, 01:14 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Gregof455
... but My RPM gauge don't want to move. When I delete $2TB, the gauge is ok !! Any Idea, please?
thats normal you must code kombi* .... look for DZM Dämpfung: aktiv or DZM RPM: Wert_01 ... try one of this .
if you you flash EGS to sat egs you dont need to code combi if i remember !

you need the original sat steering wheel ... not M5 oder SMG !!!

@ Mike_K

did you flashed EGS ???
Old 09-20-2012, 09:05 PM
New Members

thats normal you must code kombi* .... look for DZM Dämpfung: aktiv or DZM RPM: Wert_01 ... try one of this .
if you you flash EGS to sat egs you dont need to code combi if i remember !

you need the original sat steering wheel ... not M5 oder SMG !!!

@ Mike_K

did you flashed EGS ???
Thanks Bert for your reply !
-->When I code kombi (add $2tb, remove $205), I don't see if the DZM Dampfung is aktiv or not, but when $205, there are ok. Does change it when $2TB?? I tested code on KOMBI SZL SZM, but not EGS.

-->My Wheel :
http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...m=180954079019

I thinks that it's not a LCI because the paddles are push pull. About it, I learn for difference between LCI paddle and my actualy paddle: it got similar resistor.

**Finaly, about EGS, can you explain a little about programming it?
Sorry for language and faults ;-) and thanks Again Bert !
Old 09-21-2012, 03:31 AM
Members

My Ride: 525i E61 LCI auto, pro media, memory seats , pano roof, power fold mirrors, extended interior light pack, visibility pack, sun protect windows, 172 spiders.

kleynie ... we talk about orig SAT retrofit ... incl ECU (EGS) SAT flash !
Not only the wheel !

You without ECU - only slow shifting :thumbsdown: .... it s boring.
Not sure I understand what you are saying? I have the sports shifter and ECU as well as the paddle steering wheel. I get rev matching and the sport name appears in the cluster, the only thing I seem to be missing is the harder steering.
Old 09-21-2012, 03:39 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Gregof455
Thanks Bert for your reply !
-->When I code kombi (add $2tb, remove $205), I don't see if the DZM Dampfung is aktiv or not, but when $205, there are ok. Does change it when $2TB?? I tested code on KOMBI SZL SZM, but not EGS.

-->My Wheel :
http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...m=180954079019

I thinks that it's not a LCI because the paddles are push pull. About it, I learn for difference between LCI paddle and my actualy paddle: it got similar resistor.

**Finaly, about EGS, can you explain a little about programming it?
Sorry for language and faults ;-) and thanks Again Bert !
That is the correct wheel you have, its the same as mine - push/pull.

Quick Reply: Sportautomatic (SAT) retrofit