E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

RPi/Powerchip Tune for Ram Air - 525, 530, 545, 550

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 08:52 PM
Contributors

Location: SoCal- SFV (Land of pimps, drug dealers, money, hot cars and hot wimmenz...this ain't no movie bitch, mess with us and we'll cut ya!)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like this is what I need.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:12 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by miguex' post='826163' date='Mar 25 2009, 06:16 AM
nope!

RPI says: We were able to finally fit the RPi exhaust on the 545i. Very impressive gains of 13 rwhp @5800 rpm and 13 lb-ft torque @5800 rpm. Peak hp gain of 11.8 from stock 250 rwhp to 261.8 rwhp.
http://forums.e60.net/index.php?s=&sho...st&p=806550 (RPI wrote it himself)

RPI says: I would say 15 hp gain (Scoops + exhaust)
http://forums.e60.net/index.php?s=&sho...st&p=806623 (RPI wrote it himself)

Do the math:

Scoops (~2 hp???) + exhaust (~13hp) = ~15 hp.

Ok Confused? or hate me!
a v8 is a different engine than an I6 buddy

Im talking about a 530i with those gains. That is what RPI states from each modification on their website. A Dyno will be the one that proves it though.
Old 04-11-2009, 04:27 PM
Contributors

My Ride: .
Model Year: .

This remap sounds so tempting!
Old 04-11-2009, 04:34 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by mrfva' post='844311' date='Apr 11 2009, 05:27 PM
This remap sounds so tempting!
do it, get the exhaust while you are at it
Old 04-11-2009, 04:36 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 10 Honda Fit Sport, 10 Honda Pilot Touring

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS' post='844318' date='Apr 11 2009, 07:34 PM
do it, get the exhaust while you are at it
+1 You should get wheels too while you're at it.
Old 04-11-2009, 10:47 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS' post='844318
+1 You should get wheels too while you're at it.

Old 04-12-2009, 09:16 PM
Members

Originally Posted by NeRwEEzy' post='844535' date='Apr 11 2009, 08:47 PM
So nothing available for the 528i?
Old 04-12-2009, 09:33 PM
Banned

I do not buy these remap figures. They are not RPI designed and what makes anyone think these remaps can do what every other one in the past 4 years has not been able to do? Churn out more than 10 hp on any of their NA engines, N52 530i or the 545/550i all NA engines.

It is just not possible to churn out 15 or more hp with a remap alone fella's. dont let them take your money.

As far as a tune plus the scoop is ludicrous. The scoop is not providing that much more air that your stock compter will not compensate for just fine. There is not more HP to be gained by tuning an ecu for a scoop since there is nothing to tune for.

The only tune's that are worth doing on NA cars is if you tune it to run on race gas and delay the timing enough to optimally ignite the high octane gas rather than pre igniting it and incompletely burning it. You can play around with all the timing and mapping etc but you will not get even 10 hp out of these NA engines or else bmw would have done this, trust me.

Dont waste your money fellas.

Same with the exhaust. There is absolutely NOTHING a tune would do for an exhaust setup. Any hp increase from an exhaust will come with or without a tune. Having a bit more flow of exhaust gases creating a bit more of a vacuum in the engine and sucking a bit more power out is completely indepenant and is not in need of a tune.

Such a way to take everyones money. Kind of sad considering from what I have read RPI seems reputable. I promise nobody is showing a dyno because it doesnt work.

So RPI why are you not showing any dyno of pre and post tunes? You have oodles of cars there all the time according to your post yet no dyno on any of the NA cars.

Beware fella's.

Also if you are going to disagree be so kind as to tell everyone how your "tune's" increase hp on these well tuned stock NA engines. Wil say one caveat, if you force the car to run lean, you can squeeze some hp out however is not a real solution for the health of a car and sensors etc. So this cannot be part of the answer if it were to be yours.
Old 04-14-2009, 12:51 PM
Contributors

My Ride: A Car faster than yours.....

Originally Posted by 545OH' post='845458' date='Apr 12 2009, 10:33 PM
I do not buy these remap figures. They are not RPI designed and what makes anyone think these remaps can do what every other one in the past 4 years has not been able to do? Churn out more than 10 hp on any of their NA engines, N52 530i or the 545/550i all NA engines.

It is just not possible to churn out 15 or more hp with a remap alone fella's. dont let them take your money.

As far as a tune plus the scoop is ludicrous. The scoop is not providing that much more air that your stock compter will not compensate for just fine. There is not more HP to be gained by tuning an ecu for a scoop since there is nothing to tune for.

The only tune's that are worth doing on NA cars is if you tune it to run on race gas and delay the timing enough to optimally ignite the high octane gas rather than pre igniting it and incompletely burning it. You can play around with all the timing and mapping etc but you will not get even 10 hp out of these NA engines or else bmw would have done this, trust me.

Dont waste your money fellas.

Same with the exhaust. There is absolutely NOTHING a tune would do for an exhaust setup. Any hp increase from an exhaust will come with or without a tune. Having a bit more flow of exhaust gases creating a bit more of a vacuum in the engine and sucking a bit more power out is completely indepenant and is not in need of a tune.

Such a way to take everyones money. Kind of sad considering from what I have read RPI seems reputable. I promise nobody is showing a dyno because it doesnt work.

So RPI why are you not showing any dyno of pre and post tunes? You have oodles of cars there all the time according to your post yet no dyno on any of the NA cars.

Beware fella's.

Also if you are going to disagree be so kind as to tell everyone how your "tune's" increase hp on these well tuned stock NA engines. Wil say one caveat, if you force the car to run lean, you can squeeze some hp out however is not a real solution for the health of a car and sensors etc. So this cannot be part of the answer if it were to be yours.
We have not posted any dyno sheets of the tunes you are questioning because we have not dynoed the tune yet. With that said, how many cars have you tuned? You cant tune for an intake and exhaust? Thats funny because I do it all the time. With my intake, I am able to add more timing. The intake and exhaust help with the volumetric efficiency. Im giving my engine cooler air to breath and the tune can be more aggressive. Im not here to argue with you and I completely understand your concerns. People that call for the tunes are told the same thing. If we havent dynoed the actual tune on the actual car, we dont tell them about the numbers (only what is told by PC, making it NOT an RPi/PC tune). BTW, the title says RPi/PC tunes because we thought we could get all the cars here to verify the gains. If any of you have questions, I would be happy to answer them for you. You can call any time 562-630-5966.
Old 04-14-2009, 01:13 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E63 AMG | Obsidian Black | Schwarzes Nappa | Black BirdEye Maple | Premium II Package | Electronic Trunk Closer | Parktronic Engine: RPi/Powerchips custom ECU tune, RPi Ram Air Kit (BMC filter, scoops), RennTech Sport exhaust, secondary cats, charcoal and resonator delete, custom AAA x-pipe Exterior: 50% side windows / 35% rear window Formula One Pinnacle Series | Flat AMG hood emblem Suspension: Renntech Lowering Module Wheels/Tires: Radenergie R10, Falken FK452 245/30/20, Yokohama ADVAN Sport 285/25/20 ----------------------------------------- 2005 545i Sport SMG | Ti Grau | Schwarzes Dakota | Anthracite Maple | Logic 7 | Nav Engine: Custom AFE CAI, Superchips ECU remap, Sprint Booster, RDSport Dual Exhaust Conversion with Quad Pipes and X-pipe, 3 resonators deleted, 90mm tips! Exterior: M-Tech Aero kit | M5 Mirrors | M5 Rear Bumper | Trunk Lid Finisher | Vorsteiner decklid spoiler | 50% Formula One Pinnacle Tint Suspension and Brakes: Bilstein PSS9 coilovers, JBT BBK: 16" cross-drilled rotors, 8 piston and 15" cross-drilled rotors, 4 piston Wheels: VIP Modular VR 02 20x9F, 20x10R | Toyo T1R 245/30/20F, 285/25/20R Lights: PIAA 4150K Xtreme White Plus fog lights, AIB v3 MOST IMPORTANT: Hardwired V1; =) ED Date: 4/7/05, Re-delivery date: 5/21/05

Hey newb,
Talking out of your arse, I see. There is a 545i owned by skeeter that has the RPi exhaust, scoop, and tune that will walk all over your 545i. That's a FACT.

Originally Posted by 545OH' post='845458' date='Apr 12 2009, 10:33 PM
snip....

Quick Reply: RPi/Powerchip Tune for Ram Air - 525, 530, 545, 550