E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Pre LCI Halogen to LCI Halogen conversion

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 02:07 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 525d MSport 19" 172s Leather - Heated No-Nav, M-ASK, MP3 Playback, BMW Ipod Interface, CD-Prep

Originally Posted by livefour2day
Thanks B6S4, does anyone know what LED AE will fit the LCI Halogens as alot of them say only for LCI Xennon
There's no standard fit LED AE to fit the LCI halogens. Brabus takes an MTEC V2 and cuts up the existing AE bulb housing/reflector and 'makes the MTEC one fit'! I guess you could probably use almost any AE LED using this method?
Old 11-08-2010, 04:28 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 520d - 19" 172s- Remapped - LCI taillights V6 cables - LCI xenon headlights - Denison 500 with BTA1500 - led interior lights - OEM led number plate lights Planned mods: Folding mirrors - Modmynav kit - High gloss shadowline trim -

jas_r_1 just been for a 1 hour drive and open the hood the resistor was warm but not hot i could hold in in my fingers with no problem tried both sides and they are the same, posted out to you today.

...... Still no errors
Thanks

Hopefully I'll get them tomorrow and get a chance to fit on Weds
Old 11-08-2010, 05:07 AM
Members

great news for you guys,

just a recap,

you guys with the halegen set up have x2 angel eyes on one side powered by x2 w5w or 10w ( happy for u guys)

my LCI Xenon set up x2 angels eyes powered by X1 H8 (has anyone tried this for the xenon mod?)

so what resistor would the pre LCI Xenons to LCI Xenons need????????
Old 11-08-2010, 05:59 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 520d - 19" 172s- Remapped - LCI taillights V6 cables - LCI xenon headlights - Denison 500 with BTA1500 - led interior lights - OEM led number plate lights Planned mods: Folding mirrors - Modmynav kit - High gloss shadowline trim -

Glad you saw this post as you may only need a resistor to get things working for you.

Pre-LCI halogens have two bulbs on each side (each bulb is 5 watts). LCI halogen headlights have one bulb on each side (each side is 10 watts). Even though the total amount of watts is the same for pre-LCI and LCI angel eyes, the resistance amount is different (as established by BS64) so the resistor should stop the errors.

I think BS64 would be the only one to be able to confirm what resistor you would need to try.
Old 11-09-2010, 03:27 AM
Members

My Ride: 520d M Sport Titanium Silver Retro fit's - Professional Sat Nav Footwell Lights BMW Bluetooth LCI Halogens with HID

Can anyone shed some light on this i want to look at B6S4 idea of LED angel eyes, i think i have this 10w bulb and holder on my LCI Halogens

so why wont this fit. everywhere i look they say for factory fit Xenon LCI only.
Old 11-09-2010, 03:33 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 525d MSport 19" 172s Leather - Heated No-Nav, M-ASK, MP3 Playback, BMW Ipod Interface, CD-Prep

Can anyone shed some light on this i want to look at B6S4 idea of LED angel eyes, i think i have this 10w bulb and holder on my LCI Halogens
so why wont this fit. everywhere i look they say for factory fit Xenon LCI only.
I think it's something to do with the mounting depth of that led unit - i.e. how far into the headlight housing it needs to protrude to fit properly. I'm not 100% sure - Brabus is your man to answer this question.

However if you have the lights out then why not try? Let us know how you get on and take lots of pictures! ;-)
Old 11-09-2010, 03:57 AM
Members

My Ride: 520d M Sport Titanium Silver Retro fit's - Professional Sat Nav Footwell Lights BMW Bluetooth LCI Halogens with HID

Originally Posted by nexus66
I think it's something to do with the mounting depth of that led unit - i.e. how far into the headlight housing it needs to protrude to fit properly. I'm not 100% sure - Brabus is your man to answer this question.

However if you have the lights out then why not try? Let us know how you get on and take lots of pictures! ;-)
Thanks nexus66, i think your right thats what i was thinking but the picture below is what Brabus made for Sas and they look like all the led's you can get on ebay / HID dealers etc, i want to buy from Brabus but they are £120 so really need to justify having them at that price.

Want to try and mod some like Brabus does but dont know if i should leave that to him.
Old 11-10-2010, 09:05 AM
Members

Bad news today guys got the error as soon as I started the car this morning, it's was very cold then got it again about 10 minutes later not due to braking or reversing just come up as I was driving.
Any ideas guys?
Old 11-10-2010, 10:34 AM
Members

My Ride: '04 530i 6MT '04 Audi S4 6MT

Bad news today guys got the error as soon as I started the car this morning, it's was very cold then got it again about 10 minutes later not due to braking or reversing just come up as I was driving.
Any ideas guys?

Were the AE's on when the error came up? How did you connect the resistor? Just wondering if you have a weak connection somewhere and due to the cold, it caused it to fail. Keep in mind, temperature does play a part in resistance, if the temperature is very cold, the resistance may fall outside of what the i-drive looks for. I would double check your connections, if they are good, try driving with the AE's on so the resistor and wiring heat up and see if the errors return. Seems kinda odd that it was fine one minute then when it got cold, the errors started.
Old 11-10-2010, 11:52 AM
Members

Originally Posted by B6S4
Were the AE's on when the error came up? How did you connect the resistor? Just wondering if you have a weak connection somewhere and due to the cold, it caused it to fail. Keep in mind, temperature does play a part in resistance, if the temperature is very cold, the resistance may fall outside of what the i-drive looks for. I would double check your connections, if they are good, try driving with the AE's on so the resistor and wiring heat up and see if the errors return. Seems kinda odd that it was fine one minute then when it got cold, the errors started.
Yes had AE on I don't think I ever get the error if lights are off, I soldered the resistor to the wires and I am confident the connection is ok

The error came on as soon as I started the car I have lights set to auto

Quick Reply: Pre LCI Halogen to LCI Halogen conversion