E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Issues with Umnitza angel eye/halo install

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2005, 07:55 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by choi000' post='200504' date='Nov 19 2005, 03:34 AM
Yup. I'm probably going to return it or find someone who actually knows how to install it. A buddy of mine up in the bay area has a friend that did the angel eyes on an E60 up there. So I think I'm gonna see what he says about the install and how risky it is.
When you do return it send it to a friend in the Bay and have him collect the refund in cash for you. that guy will prob ripp you off again!
Old 12-07-2005, 04:52 PM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by choi000' post='197537
Yup. I'm probably going to return it or find someone who actually knows how to install it. A buddy of mine up in the bay area has a friend that did the angel eyes on an E60 up there. So I think I'm gonna see what he says about the install and how risky it is.
And that is what you told me personally on the phone. Since then, you have not been in contact with us, so it was assumed your "buddy" installed it for you.
Old 12-07-2005, 06:00 PM
Members

so the truth comes out after all....
you failed to tell the whole story and like a little child you run onto the forum to flame a respected bmw aftermarket company, pretty low in my book.

it should be a lesson to all of us to never trust everything thats being said in an open forum.

the vendor now says he never promised they could install it for you, a third party, the installer tried and could not make a go of it, you never got charged yet apperantly you and one of your goon friend tried to extort money from them? dude i'd tell you to f^&k off and then some.

sorry about things not working out for you but you are as much to blame as anyone here. :thumbsdown:
Old 12-07-2005, 06:01 PM
Contributors

umnitza, I commend you for standing up for yourself and shedding some light on this situation. This goes to show all of us that there is most definitely 3 sides to every story, yours, his, and the truth. I think at this point, we're all closer to the truth. I feel for choi000 because I know how frustrating an issue like this can be but I'm also sympathetic to a business that gets slammed extremely hard unneccessarily. Keep us updated on this situation. Curious to see how it ends. Best of luck to both parties.
Old 12-07-2005, 06:07 PM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by poleposition' post='208546' date='Dec 7 2005, 10:01 PM
umnitza, I commend you for standing up for yourself and shedding some light on this situation. This goes to show all of us that there is most definitely 3 sides to every story, yours, his, and the truth. I think at this point, we're all closer to the truth. I feel for choi000 because I know how frustrating an issue like this can be but I'm also sympathetic to a business that gets slammed extremely hard unneccessarily. Keep us updated on this situation. Curious to see how it ends. Best of luck to both parties.
I do more than feel for Choi, I hope he's had a lot of success, as he has not contacted us at all since we told him our contact didn't get back to us.

I can only extend the return policy for so long however, normally 30 days, but our processor has extended it to 45 days on some unforseen events.

I hope that Choi hs been successful and I wish him luck with the install.

-----
as a secondary commentary, it's still not clear if these rings (while they are a perfect "fit") in terms of dimensions, will work, there are other years that the 5 series headlights have, so maybe it's a different year with a different glue.
Old 12-07-2005, 08:40 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

I'm taking back my harsh comments. Not to say that I'm on Umnitza's side but I do realize that there are different sides to every story and I'm glad that Umnitza has gotten a chance to express theirs. I respect the fact that Umnitza responded to the allegations and did it in a fairly professional manner. I've seen worse on other forums between buyers and sellers.

One comment I would like to make though is that it all boils down to perception. If a customer perceives he's been mistreated, that's all it takes. It's up to you to do whatever it takes to make the customer happy. Different companies have different policies on that I'm sure but if you've ever been to Nordstrom, you'll know what I mean by doing whatever it takes. If $100 is paltry, how about giving him a refund AND letting him keep the product? That would show that you've gone over and beyond what is normal to achieve outstanding customer service. Just my .02.

Good luck to both.
Old 12-07-2005, 10:11 PM
Members

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan' post='208596' date='Dec 8 2005, 12:40 AM
If $100 is paltry, how about giving him a refund AND letting him keep the product? That would show that you've gone over and beyond what is normal to achieve outstanding customer service. Just my .02.

Good luck to both.
are you for real? last i checked angel eyes did not grow on trees
why should this vendor compensate this guy? a reward for flat out lying, or is it for trying to tarnish his reputation? that's rich... especially since its not your dime.

BTW if that's the case sign me up umnitza, i can use a new set of angel eyes and i can bash with the best of them. let me know
Old 12-08-2005, 04:13 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '06 530i Silver Gray/Black, Sport, Prem., Logic 7, Cold Weather, Auto, M Aero package, Nav, Comfort Seats, IPod aux

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan' post='208596' date='Dec 8 2005, 12:40 AM
It's up to you to do whatever it takes to make the customer happy. Different companies have different policies on that I'm sure but if you've ever been to Nordstrom, you'll know what I mean by doing whatever it takes. If $100 is paltry, how about giving him a refund AND letting him keep the product? That would show that you've gone over and beyond what is normal to achieve outstanding customer service. Just my .02.
Good luck to both.
NO WAY should they do what you have suggested.

I applaud them for:

1. standing up for themselves
2. explaining their viewpoint in a professional manner
3. not rolling over for everyone who complains

Their offer for a total refund (and EXTENDING the time the customer could return the product) is already displaying outstanding customer service. Nobody said $100 was paltry--in fact I think he stated that they treated all customers equally no matter what they spend.

It's absurd that they should give them a full refund AND let them keep the product. All that will do is start an expectation by unreasonable customers and put them out of business quickly. They are in business to make money not give their product AND money away.
Old 12-08-2005, 06:45 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

It was just an exaggerated suggestion to Umnitza if they wanted to take that route to demonstrate exceptional customer service. I'm sure 99% of all companies out there would tell me to go to hell as well.

But like I said, Nordstrom's policies have gone way over and beyond what most people would expect and they've managed to always be profitable. My thought is, since you're now debating this in an open forum with hundreds, if not thousands of potential customers reading...why not squelch the issue, don't argue over it, and simply say "Choi, this is way out of our normal policies but to amend for any miscommunication and frustrations you've encountered, we'll refund you the full amount and you can keep the product"

Who would prove to be the "better" person in that case? By better I just mean that Umnitza will simply put to rest any debate over their customer service.

That said, I'm sure most of you still think it's stupid....that's cool, just thinking out of the box.

BTW, Umnitza said the $100 was paltry....not me.
Old 12-08-2005, 07:42 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2003 X5 3.0----->gone 2004 Porsche Cayenne S : Gemballa front and back bodykit, fabspeed bypass pipes, Gemballa exhaust pipes, full option, 20" factory sport design rims------>gone 2005 545i 6-spd manual---->de-badged, CDV removal, Autosolutions short shift kit, resonator removal, premium package, PDC, xenon, almost full options, hardwire V1 install ....looking for mods... 2007 550i 6-spd----> Premium package, sport package, Logic7, heated everything, Rogue Engineering SSK, CDV removal, hardwire V1 install, aFe cold air intake, Custom Magnaflow exhaust....

I do not know much about umnitza...but is this an isolated case or has there been many other complains about him???

oh....sunndyd....welcome to the forum....what car do u drive? care to post some pics of your new ride??

Quick Reply: Issues with Umnitza angel eye/halo install