E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Issues with Umnitza angel eye/halo install

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2005, 11:55 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 545i 6spd, blk on blk, HRE 540R 20x9 in front and 20x10 in rear with Pirelli PZero Neros 245/25/20 front and 295/25/20 rear. H&R springs, and Eisenmann quad exhaust, V! radar detector, black grille, limo tint all around.

Okay, so I bought a set of angel eyes from Matt at Umnitza who told me that I can get the kit installed and that he knows of a very reputable installer who can do the install for me, that is he'll tell me who the installer is once I bought the kit from him. So I said okay; I purchased the angel eyes from him the following day and he said that I'll receive the info on the installer when I receive the kit in the mail. At that time I didn't think much of it, but the kit arrived and even though there were no info on the installer when the kit arrived I gave Matt a call and he finally gave me the info on who the installer was.
So I set up an appt with the installer Ben, who said he'll be able to do the install. So when the day arrive and I get to his place. I discover that the installer works out of his house and further more, Matt from Umnitza neglects to tell me earlier that the installer Ben has never installed a set of angel eyes on an E60 before. The installer said that he's done many installs on other BMW's but no on the E60. Being as trustful of him as I can I take his word that they could get the job done but to no surprise I get a call from him when I was waiting for him to finish the job that they couldn't do the install. So I wasted half my day with no success and feeling very cheated by the guys at Umnitza. I gave Matt a call and he was a big f*#@ing A@#hole! He wouldn't even admit to his faults, didn't even apologize and was adamently denying that the installer he recommended me to didn't really know what he was doing. I was really close to driving myself up from LA to SF to find him and kick his sorry butt... I mean how unprofessional could he have been in doing business. I talked to a buddy of mine up in the bay area and he told me that Matt was that shady and that everyone hated him because he's screwed many people over before.
I must tell you all that I am one unhappy customer stuck with a kit that I might not be able to get installed and that nobody can trust Umnitza. :thumbsdown: What they say has no credibility whatsoever, everyone beware!
Old 11-13-2005, 12:53 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 JET BLACK on BLACK SPORTS PACK 5ER, with RADENERGIE R-10's @ 20"

Sorry about your problem. I'm never gonna call them now.

I wish we had a section in this forum to warn us of where not to buy products.

I hope you get everything resolved.
Old 11-13-2005, 05:13 AM
Members

My Ride: 2002 325i - SOLD 2006 525i - PCD in August '05 1999 CVPI - My work car

Ouch! Sorry to hear that, I almost bought a set of Angel eyes for my E46. Now i'm glad I didn't!
Old 11-13-2005, 06:07 AM
New Members

My Ride: Rides: 1992 525i (Sold), 2000 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (Sold), Everett-Morrison Cobra - built 1998, 2005 Nissan Frontier Pick Up (daily driver)

Originally Posted by The Kloser' post='197556' date='Nov 13 2005, 10:53 AM

We need to start a topic in the topics page called "Consumer Alerts" - or something like that. I'll see what I can do... I was screwed royally by a Cobra builder and he got his due via a consumer alert site just like that.
Old 11-13-2005, 07:44 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '05 545i - scheduled for ED pickup in Munich on 7/22!

Slighty off topic, but since your adaptive xenons already has angels eyes, I'm curious what kind of angel eyes were you trying to get? Do they look better than the stock angel eyes?
Old 11-13-2005, 09:19 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Sorry to hear that choi000. I had talked to Umnitza a while back but forgot who I talked to. Whoever it was told me that he didn't know of anyone that can change the ange eyes on the e60 yet. I think I mentioned that to you on your other thread where you said you bought the angel eyes.

Anyway, that kinda sh#t pisses me off to no end as well. I'm about 40 minutes from there. Just say the word Can we send them a message that the members of this forum will boycott their store and we've recommended the same to other bimmer forums? Something's gotta be done to teach these a$$hole retailers a lesson.
Old 11-13-2005, 09:35 AM
Contributors

My Ride: MY RIDE is DA real .-) HAMANN 5 aka BLACK MAMBA born on 16/06/2005/delivered on 05/08/2005 as following: 530dA (steptronic), Black II (JET), leather Dakota auburn black, mapple trim, head-up display, dynamic drive, active steering, adaptive xenon headlights (auto levelling) with headlight washers, alarm, comfort seats with massage function, advanced A/C, big compartment armrest, aux-in, MP3, Logic 7, Radio PRO, CD in-dash+cd changer, power rear sunshades, rear airbags, park distance control, auto dimming folding mirrors, smoking package, shiny shadow line (individual), fold down rear seats, ski bag, sport suspension, run flats on �116-style� rims (Good Year NCT5+), cup holders, debadged, fire extinguishers, additional permanent power outlet, BMW coat hanger, trunk release button (installed by Hobi), GPS tracking device and a big thx 2 Iceman. Mods done: � Authentic HAMANN FRONT APRON Including ellipsoid fog lights Item-No.: 10 060 110 � Authentic HAMANN REAR SPOILER Item-No.: 10 060 130, � Authentic HAMANN HAMANN ALUMINIUM PEDALS For cars with manual gearbox Item-No.: 80 099 100 81,00 For cars with automatic transmission Item-No.: 80 099 120 � Authentic HAMANN FOOT REST In aluminium For left-hand drive vehicles Item No. : 80 099 122 � Authentic HAMANN HAND-BRAKE LEVER In aluminium For left- and right-hand drive cars Item No. : 80 099 216 � Authentic HAMANN Idrive of alu (sorry this is the only one in the World) but you can have it in carbon fiber , � Authentic HAMANN EXCLUSIVE FLOORMAT SET In black with HAMANN logo in silver For left-hand drive cars Item-No. : 80 060 120 For right-hand drive cars Item-No. : 80 060 � Authentic HAMANN COVER FOR OIL FILLER CAP In aluminium Item-No.: 80 099 117 � Authentic HAMANN SPORT REAR MUFFLER 4 TAILPIPES Sport rear muffler with four round stainless-steel tailpipes ( � 76mm ) Item-No.: 50 060 111 � Authentic HAMANN new add-on for M pack rear with diffusor for quad pipes -AVAILABLE NOW (http://forums.e60.net/index.php?act=ST&f=22&t=30630&st=0#entry332409) � ///M steering wheel w Pegasus logo (this will be also changed to three spoke sports) � ///M pack rear � HAMANN ECU upgrade 265 HP 608 Nm. most improtant: �real and working like a charm forumsbuy real LED tails and PIAA 4700k fogs!!! for HAMANN full front apron you need H3 � CustomAngels, Angel Eyes Brighter than stocks 10X, WHITE & (REd for shows). � Authentic HAMANN LIGHT-ALLOY WHEELS DESIGN EDITION RACE 20" Ultra-light forged 3-pieced light-alloy wheel, Cross-spoke-design,Spider in black, titanium, screwing,polished flange DIMENSIONS : 9.0 J x 20 FA Item No.: 91 207 315 10.5 J x 20 only RA Item No.: 91 207 625 Recommended 20" Complete Wheel Set DESIGN EDITION RACE I went with most aggressive Combination A.10 FA 9.0 J x 20 / RA 10.5 J x 20 with tires: FA 245/30 ZR 20 / RA 285/25 ZR 20 � Authentic HAMANN LOWERING KIT 4 progressive sport springs Lowering by approx. 40 mm FA, 20 mm RA Item-No.: 20 060 125 � Authentic HAMANN TIRE - PRESSURE CHECK SENSOR SYSTEM � Authentic HAMANN SIDE SILLS Item-No.: 10 060 120 � Authentic HAMANN REAL CF ROOF SPOLIER Item-No.: 10 060 235 � Authentic HAMANN AIRBAG SPORT STEERING WHEEL 3-SPOKE Three-spoke design w their SMG paddles (For assembly O.E. airbag in exchange) � Authentic HAMANN sports mirrors (all functions) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and of course !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! E60.net Clings Still to do list;-): � Our Hobi's camera system from : ww.switchchange.com). � Individual leather interior (auburn+auburn alcantara)... and drive with sheer drivin' pleasure ... until 2009/2010 F10 comes or E60 possibly a 540d V8 diesel early in 2009 badly juiced!

1st get your lawyer

2nd time take your pitbulls
Old 11-13-2005, 10:14 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by ats77' post='197702' date='Nov 13 2005, 01:35 PM
1st get your lawyer

2nd time take your pibulls
Old 11-13-2005, 11:08 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i 6spd, blk on blk, HRE 540R 20x9 in front and 20x10 in rear with Pirelli PZero Neros 245/25/20 front and 295/25/20 rear. H&R springs, and Eisenmann quad exhaust, V! radar detector, black grille, limo tint all around.

Thanks guys, I'm definitely gonna try to find a way to get compensated. If I remember correctly, the state of California has a better business bureau department that I can report him to. And if there's enough complaints the gov't can shut him down. Matt from Umnitza works out of his house, and I'm sure he's probably breaking some sort of code or another.

Originally Posted by jet190rs' post='197665' date='Nov 13 2005, 08:44 AM
Slighty off topic, but since your adaptive xenons already has angels eyes, I'm curious what kind of angel eyes were you trying to get? Do they look better than the stock angel eyes?

The angel eyes that I bought are suppose to look whiter and brighter than the stock angel eyes. I found out from a friend that most of the angel eye kits are made in Taiwan and that Umnitza is not the only company that sells the kit.
Old 11-14-2005, 12:19 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 JET BLACK on BLACK SPORTS PACK 5ER, with RADENERGIE R-10's @ 20"

Originally Posted by santiago fonseca' post='197616

We need to start a topic in the topics page called "Consumer Alerts" - or something like that. I'll see what I can do... I was screwed royally by a Cobra builder and he got his due via a consumer alert site just like that.
[/quote]
Great idea! I'm always curious about who it is safe to order from, especially since I'm in Hawaii. I have to order everything. I would hate to get ripped off. How do we go about requesting a topic page for this forum?

Quick Reply: Issues with Umnitza angel eye/halo install