E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Found a UK (London) Software Coding Garage for retrofits

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 02:57 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 545 SE Auto in Black

Originally Posted by Dav530d' post='774416' date='Jan 22 2009, 09:05 AM
I anyone's interested I have two nav retrofit kits, one for a 2007 6 series and one from a 2005 M5. I have been told I may have problems retrofitting the the 2007 kit as mine is a 2003 E60 hence could sell this and we could get the coding done from the same guy for a better deal???
dav

if you already hve navi you wont need to code the car it should work (i assume you have the idrives to). If th ecar still goes into a dealer or you need software updates then yes you may need to code it as the BMW machine wont recognise the CCC and will stop, however my indy bypass that and his system lets you carry on, your call really..id save the money on coding and do another mod lol and have proff nav :-)
Old 01-22-2009, 03:47 AM
Senior Members

I haven't got any nav at the moment. I've spoken to your indy Jason and told me the pro's and cons of coding. He's says I may be lucky and it could be plug and play but because of the software differences and non compatable hardware, the induvidual modules may not be able to comunicate with each other correctly. I.e if a module is malfunctioning this will not be communicated to the CCC. The system may seem to be working fine. Also problems occur if I have issues further issues down the line and I need a diagnostic. He has also recommended that I fit the 2005 gear to my car as the 2007 hardware may not be compatable with my car as it is a 2003 model.
Old 04-13-2009, 12:24 PM
Members

Has anybody managed to retrofit power fold mirrors to a pre 2005 E60.

Did you use s/h pre 2005 folding mirrors?

What do you think of these, would these work?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=150337767430

Assuming you upgraded your switches in the drivers door somehow, then presumably one the the coding retrofit 'experts' could sort the fold to actually work for you as if it were specced from the factory?

Im a little unclear if Mr Bimmer you added the door switch or just used the folding function through the locking process? I would need the manual switch also, as i have a narrow garage you see

It does seem rather a rather pricey hardware risk, as the fold option is all i am trying to achieve.
Old 04-14-2009, 12:42 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Robbage' post='846004' date='Apr 13 2009, 09:24 PM
Has anybody managed to retrofit power fold mirrors to a pre 2005 E60.

Did you use s/h pre 2005 folding mirrors?

What do you think of these, would these work?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=150337767430

Assuming you upgraded your switches in the drivers door somehow, then presumably one the the coding retrofit 'experts' could sort the fold to actually work for you as if it were specced from the factory?

Im a little unclear if Mr Bimmer you added the door switch or just used the folding function through the locking process? I would need the manual switch also, as i have a narrow garage you see

It does seem rather a rather pricey hardware risk, as the fold option is all i am trying to achieve.
Robbage........It can be done......see my signature.
I changed the switch panel. Not sure if it can be done for just the keys.......I did wonder that too.
I used Jason at B&W chiptune. But I now hear Sanspeed in Bexleyheath, Kent do coding too. So will use them in future.
Old 04-14-2009, 04:13 PM
Members

iv'e got power fold mirrors - butg i want the option when you put the car in reverse the mirrors automatically dip is this a option thats programmed using the autologic system
Old 04-15-2009, 05:03 AM
Members

Hi thanks for the advice.

I have stumbled across this piece of kit re getting the mirrors to work without any 'non=BMW' spec coding as well.. Or read no coding required...

http://innoparts.de/pages/de/electronic/ip-sam-1.0.php Yes its in German but i have a wiring diagram sort of translated, looks promising for ?60 delivered?

It looks like the jackpot to me, just a thought the opening trigger would have to be something else other than central locking as this happens when i drive off, from interior button etc. I was thinking puddle lights as they only happen when unlocking the car?

Will this work then, comments please?
Attached Thumbnails Found a UK (London) Software Coding Garage for retrofits-sam_1.0_wiring.jpg  
Old 04-15-2009, 10:51 AM
Members

How much did you pay all in all for the mirrors/switches/ installation of them and the coding? I'd love to have this on my car.

Thanks
Old 04-15-2009, 10:57 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 E60 530i, 2012 E70 X5 35i
Model Year: 2004

Originally Posted by Robbage' post='847862' date='Apr 15 2009, 09:03 AM

I have stumbled across this piece of kit re getting the mirrors to work without any 'non=BMW' spec coding as well.. Or read no coding required...

http://innoparts.de/pages/de/electronic/ip-sam-1.0.php Yes its in German but i have a wiring diagram sort of translated, looks promising for ?60 delivered?

It looks like the jackpot to me, just a thought the opening trigger would have to be something else other than central locking as this happens when i drive off, from interior button etc. I was thinking puddle lights as they only happen when unlocking the car?

Does this enable folding also?? If so it would be great!! Please let me know so i can order.
Old 04-15-2009, 11:14 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Robbage' post='847862' date='Apr 15 2009, 02:03 PM

Robbage..........Very interesting. I couldn't tell you if it works............You are best to contact Bruce Miranda to see if this is likely to work.......I know he has done some research in this area from his previous posts, and he certainly understands his wiring diagrams.

BTW - Puddle lights also work when opening the car door, not just on unlocking.
Old 04-15-2009, 01:06 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

I actually think that would work. Its essentially the part I have been meaning to build but now I wont ;-) If people would like I could buy one of these and experiment with it. I anyway need to probably sell my M5 mirrors anyway and will sell it with this attachment. I have another idea of getting this to work on our cars, integrate this product with a CAN BUS interface.

Quick Reply: Found a UK (London) Software Coding Garage for retrofits