E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Coded some extra menu options.

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 12:00 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

Ozi you need to enable the m-drive menu as well.

Cmoimem I want to know this as well.
Old 05-13-2011, 01:43 AM
Members

My Ride: MY2007 (01/2007) E61 530d Sport Futura 231 hp - Sport automatic gearbox - GPS Pro - HUD - Air Conditioning, automatic with extended features - bi xenon adaptative headlights - Night Vision - TV Function DVB-T - Active Cruise Control - Panoramic glass sunroof - PDC F&R - Active Steering - Sport Steering Wheel - HiFi Pro Logic 7 - Bluetooth + telematics - Electric fr seats with driver memory - Alarm ...

Ok and do you know how the "Process car" function is working?
Because in the FSW_PSW file their are some additional options wich appear for all models, include not compatible options for our cars...strange!
Old 05-13-2011, 01:45 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by cmoimem
Ok and do you know how the "Process car" function is working?
Because in the FSW_PSW file their are some additional options wich appear for all models, include not compatible options for our cars...strange!
Process car just codes all the modules in your car, useful for doing retrofits so that you can make sure all the modules needed get coded.
Old 05-13-2011, 01:54 AM
Members

My Ride: MY2007 (01/2007) E61 530d Sport Futura 231 hp - Sport automatic gearbox - GPS Pro - HUD - Air Conditioning, automatic with extended features - bi xenon adaptative headlights - Night Vision - TV Function DVB-T - Active Cruise Control - Panoramic glass sunroof - PDC F&R - Active Steering - Sport Steering Wheel - HiFi Pro Logic 7 - Bluetooth + telematics - Electric fr seats with driver memory - Alarm ...

Originally Posted by BLooD
Process car just codes all the modules in your car, useful for doing retrofits so that you can make sure all the modules needed get coded.
Their are certainly a backup of all modules settings somewhere, like in the CAS or LMA module, used by the car.
Because when you read the entire car some settings are not the same as the settings in the module (ie: DWAS)...very strange!
Old 05-13-2011, 01:58 AM
Contributors

Their are certainly a backup of all modules settings somewhere, like in the CAS or LMA module, used by the car.
Because when you read the entire car some settings are not the same as the settings in the module (ie: DWAS)...very strange!
Theres no backup function in NCS, the only way to back up the trace files is to copy each one as you read the modules.
Old 05-13-2011, 02:02 AM
Members

Theres no backup function in NCS, the only way to back up the trace files is to copy each one as you read the modules.
What's it?
It's my first backup, i do it before coding anything, and i've doing one more for each module.

(remove the .pdf extension)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
FSW_PSW.TRC.pdf (194.1 KB, 141 views)
Old 05-13-2011, 02:13 AM
Contributors

What's it?

(remove the .pdf extension)
I believe it`s a list of all the functions from all the modules that ncs can read and code. I have seen this list as well when coding my car.

You can`t code a function to a module if the module has no support for that function.
Old 05-13-2011, 02:19 AM
Members

I believe it`s a list of all the functions from all the modules that ncs can read and code. I have seen this list as well when coding my car.

You can`t code a function to a module if the module has no support for that function.
Yes i know that, but maybe their are a way to correctly coding some settings...ie ALARTYP in the DWAS module? i'm affraid to try it because i don't control enough the process.
Old 06-06-2011, 03:20 PM
Members

does any one have a e60 bus topology?
Old 06-19-2011, 02:18 PM
Members

Can anyone who sucessfully retrofitted a genuine IPOD interface confirm whether the built-in CCC CD/DVD slots are still playing MP3?
I lost this functionality during my IPOd retrofit coding.
First I had retrofitted MP3 playback for the internal drives through DIS and they both played back MP3 CD/DVDs.
Recently, during my IPOD retrofit I have first coded (or better said left the MP3_CCC setting on "full"), but the IPOD did not work, then I changed it to "full" and "extern" in a new line below. After a restart the IPOD worked and reading out the module again lists only the "full" switch, the "extern" is gone. I am not sure whether the "extern" worked or I made a more thorough restart of the CCC.
However, I suspect that runined my internal MP3 playback.
How can I enable both?

Regards,
Straba

Quick Reply: Coded some extra menu options.