E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Coded some extra menu options.

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2011, 06:32 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: M3 ZCP EX:2005 BMW 535D Sport, Estate, Steptronic, Carbon Black, Black Dakota leather, Head up Display, Profi Satnav, Bluetooth - only MULF module, Bi-xenon adaptive headlights, Sportseats, Cruise control, Active steeringMods: 19
Model Year: 2011

Originally Posted by andy545
Thanks for that.

yeah, correct - I go to setting, display, HUD and scroll down to find Mview; when I tick that it stays on. It's on the HUD then when I start the car but goes away after 30sec...

I have played around with the other setting in CAPPL (for the idrive display) but didn't get any positive results. I your case, you not need worry about the CAPPL setting as you can toggle between Mview and normal view just by unchecking the mview in the HUD display options or quite simply the solution might have nothing to do with the CAPPL and might be elsewhere. I wonder what changes for MY 2006 and later that enables it so simply...

could you also send me your FA trace - maybe I'm missing something there.

here's my HUD trace if anyone is interested

Attachment 116679

On my one is the option on Idrive, when I'm trying to activate it, it stays on just only for two seconds and then it is not activated again, is this the same as yours or I'm having different issue.
Old 01-23-2011, 07:01 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 545iA Black Sapphire
Model Year: 2005
Engine: 545i

Originally Posted by madein
On my one is the option on Idrive, when I'm trying to activate it, it stays on just only for two seconds and then it is not activated again, is this the same as yours or I'm having different issue.
Yeah that happens to me on the Mdrive setting. Nothing stays active. But I don't think the problem is here as others have MHUD just with the Mview in the HUD display settings.

In the Setting - Display - HUD --> Mview : that one stays ticked and active.
Old 01-23-2011, 07:16 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Many BMW's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyL3j5QDEh4

This opens up a multitude of lighting mods for the other bulbs,eg. LED/HID fogs, angels eyes, number plate and yes you guessed it: LED brake lights. which will probably be my next mod. I guess this basically alleviates complicated electronic solutions using resistors (which get hot), relays etc. unless I'm missing something.
[/quote]

That's cool ,, where did you get those bulbs ,, I'm thinking of getting a set for the front signal as well some clear ones for the rear LCI brakes
Old 01-23-2011, 07:36 AM
Members

My Ride: M3 ZCP EX:2005 BMW 535D Sport, Estate, Steptronic, Carbon Black, Black Dakota leather, Head up Display, Profi Satnav, Bluetooth - only MULF module, Bi-xenon adaptive headlights, Sportseats, Cruise control, Active steeringMods: 19

Yeah that happens to me on the Mdrive setting. Nothing stays active. But I don't think the problem is here as others have MHUD just with the Mview in the HUD display settings.

In the Setting - Display - HUD --> Mview : that one stays ticked and active.

Not in mine ....., after let's say two seconds is again unticked and not active, but I have the ignition on and engine running. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Someone says if we don't have a M cluster it will not work, but we have different issue, my stays unticked without any changing to HUD and yours stays active and you can see it for 30 second. Am I correct?
Old 01-23-2011, 10:04 AM
Contributors

Not in mine ....., after let's say two seconds is again unticked and not active, but I have the ignition on and engine running. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Someone says if we don't have a M cluster it will not work, but we have different issue, my stays unticked without any changing to HUD and yours stays active and you can see it for 30 second. Am I correct?

correct - my Mview tick in HUD display setting stays active. I can see the MHUD for 30sec after I start the car.
Yeah. it was said that cars over MY2006 and those older with an M5 cluster it should work. I have the M cluster - so I'm still looking...

Old 01-23-2011, 10:06 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Ehssan
That's cool ,, where did you get those bulbs ,, I'm thinking of getting a set for the front signal as well some clear ones for the rear LCI brakes
From ebay. Just look for Bau15s LED SMD. Those are for the indicators.
Old 01-23-2011, 10:18 AM
Members

correct - my Mview tick in HUD display setting stays active. I can see the MHUD for 30sec after I start the car.
Yeah. it was said that cars over MY2006 and those older with an M5 cluster it should work. I have the M cluster - so I'm still looking...

Lucky you, I probably don't have the M cluster....., I know it is silly question, but did you activated in both - CAPPL and HUD?
Old 01-23-2011, 10:35 AM
Contributors

Lucky you, I probably don't have the M cluster....., I know it is silly question, but did you activated in both - CAPPL and HUD?
Yes, but I don't have the CAPPL setting active anymore - they don't do anything. Member NoQuarter (with a 2007 model) has his MHUD activated all the time without the settings in CAPPL being active.
Old 01-23-2011, 10:39 AM
Contributors

this sounds like there is another module that needs coding, as I get the same when I try and enable welcome lights, the option in idrive unticks its self as it cant find the instructions in the LM (mine is an older module), you may need to update your HUD module firmware or module if an option is missing... may be worth checking the module versions as well..
Old 01-23-2011, 10:48 AM
Members

Yes, but I don't have the CAPPL setting active anymore - they don't do anything. Member NoQuarter (with a 2007 model) has his MHUD activated all the time without the settings in CAPPL being active.
I'll try this, and I will see if there is any improvement

Quick Reply: Coded some extra menu options.