E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Coded some extra menu options.

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2011, 08:34 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Many BMW's

Originally Posted by Ehssan
No dude , I didn't update anything ,, I've downloaded the V40 already ,, so should I do anything with it ??
Update : I have my NCS working , I can get you my trc files to help you with the Mview settings ...
Old 01-22-2011, 10:16 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW 545iA Black Sapphire
Model Year: 2005
Engine: 545i

Update : I have my NCS working , I can get you my trc files to help you with the Mview settings ...
Old 01-22-2011, 10:59 PM
Contributors

I found an amazing option in the KOMBI trc file today ,,, all the cars in the middle east have 120km/h speed limit warning , it stays on forever on the dashboard as well as on the I-drive , in the KOMBI , it says : " WARNUNG_GESCHW_LIMIT " the value is " 120_km/h " , I will make it 280_km/h and try ,, if this works ,, I'm not joking guys I'll be millionaire in no time loool ...
Old 01-23-2011, 12:55 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

I found an amazing option in the KOMBI trc file today ,,, all the cars in the middle east have 120km/h speed limit warning , it stays on forever on the dashboard as well as on the I-drive , in the KOMBI , it says : " WARNUNG_GESCHW_LIMIT " the value is " 120_km/h " , I will make it 280_km/h and try ,, if this works ,, I'm not joking guys I'll be millionaire in no time loool ...
Don't just change the value to anything you want. Use NCSDummy to check what the allowed values are for WARNUNG_GESCHW_LIMIT and only use one of those.
Old 01-23-2011, 01:17 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda
Don't just change the value to anything you want. Use NCSDummy to check what the allowed values are for WARNUNG_GESCHW_LIMIT and only use one of those.

great idea ,,will do that now
Old 01-23-2011, 01:23 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda

Update : I have 2 options : 1- not active , 2- 120_km/h

so do you think any other value like 160 or whatever number will not work .
Old 01-23-2011, 01:37 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

Update : I have 2 options : 1- not active , 2- 120_km/h

so do you think any other value like 160 or whatever number will not work .
Yes, in this case you only have two settings, just disable it with nicht_aktiv.
Old 01-23-2011, 05:20 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2007 530xi: Sport, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, HD Radio, SAT, Custom NCS coded options 2008 535xi: Sport, Night Vision, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, SAT, Custom NCS coded options, Rear Seat Heat Retrofit, Passport 9500ci
Model Year: 2008
Engine: N54

Originally Posted by andy545
yeah, I lose one too. Apparently the M5 streering wheel has a different button setup. I'm prepered to lose it if I can get MHUD though.

So, do you get the M setiings (Mview) on i drive to stay activated ? So on your HUD you can alternate between your normal HUD and the Mview - correct ?

would appreciate if you could post or pm me your CAPPL and HUD trace files so I can check out your settings Just save a copy and add ".txt" at the end.
I'll get the files for you. Funny. You are working so hard to get your to work and I removed my M HUD settings.

I have the M view setting which does have the HUD entry but it won't keep the HUD option enabled - kinda like you describe. But it doesn't prevent the M HUD from working. I go to the display menu then HUD settings and there is a new M entry there when I scroll down.
Old 01-23-2011, 05:35 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by NoQuarter
I'll get the files for you. Funny. You are working so hard to get your to work and I removed my M HUD settings.

I have the M view setting which does have the HUD entry but it won't keep the HUD option enabled - kinda like you describe. But it doesn't prevent the M HUD from working. I go to the display menu then HUD settings and there is a new M entry there when I scroll down.
Thanks for that.

yeah, correct - I go to setting, display, HUD and scroll down to find Mview; when I tick that it stays on. It's on the HUD then when I start the car but goes away after 30sec...

I have played around with the other setting in CAPPL (for the idrive display) but didn't get any positive results. I your case, you not need worry about the CAPPL setting as you can toggle between Mview and normal view just by unchecking the mview in the HUD display options or quite simply the solution might have nothing to do with the CAPPL and might be elsewhere. I wonder what changes for MY 2006 and later that enables it so simply...

could you also send me your FA trace - maybe I'm missing something there.

here's my HUD trace if anyone is interested

FSW_PSW.TRC.HUD (2).txt
Old 01-23-2011, 06:24 AM
Contributors

Coded my LMA for the following:

No bulb monitoring or error for the front indicator bulb allowing me to use any BAU15s LED bulb at my discretion.

LMA

trace file:

KALTUEBERWACHUNG_BLK_V_L
aktiv-->nicht_activ
KALTUEBERWACHUNG_BLK_V_R
aktiv-->nicht_activ

WARMUEBERWACHUNG_BLK_V_L
aktiv-->nicht_activ
WARMUEBERWACHUNG_BLK_V_R
aktiv-->nicht_activ

FEHLERMELDUNG_CC_BLK_V_L
aktiv-->nicht_activ
FEHLERMELDUNG_CC_BLK_V_R
aktiv-->nicht_activ

there was also these entries below - ( I don't know what the added "2" refers to but I also made that nicht_activ as well as it refers to the blinkers which is what I want to target. It might well be not necessary but I didn't have time to experiment.

KALTUEBERWACHUNG_BLK_2_VL
aktiv-->nicht_activ
KALTUEBERWACHUNG_BLK_2_VR
aktiv-->nicht_activ

WARMUEBERWACHUNG_BLK_2_VL
aktiv-->nicht_activ
WARMUEBERWACHUNG_BLK_2_VR
aktiv-->nicht_activ

FEHLERMELDUNG_CC_BLK_2_VL
aktiv-->nicht_activ
FEHLERMELDUNG_CC_BLK_2_VR
aktiv-->nicht_activ

The KALTUEBERWACHUNG refers to the intilal current impulse at start up to check for errors and the WARMUEBERWACHUNG to the cyclic impulse that the car performs ever so to again check for random errors. Lastly the FEHLERMELDUNG refers to the error being picked up to be displayed to the user via the idrive display (check control messages) but since the bulbs are not monitored at all, theoretically this could be left to activ - maybe someone can correct me on this. Anyway , I'm not expecting these LED's to go out any time soon. (can't even remember if I've ever had a bulb out warning!)

I've been using first gen LED's bulbs on my front indicators using a resistor mod fix (see pic below) before my LCI retrofit but got a partial error after my LM2 retrofit.
Now I bought some new, slimmer and brighter SMD LED's BAU15s bulbs and used some NCS expert magic.

old situation:

Coded some extra menu options.-various-jan11-002-1280x768.jpg

new (OEM) solution:

Coded some extra menu options.-various-jan11-003-1280x768.jpg

no error of course:

Coded some extra menu options.-various-jan11-004-1280x768.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyL3j5QDEh4

This opens up a multitude of lighting mods for the other bulbs,eg. LED/HID fogs, angels eyes, number plate and yes you guessed it: LED brake lights. which will probably be my next mod. I guess this basically alleviates complicated electronic solutions using resistors (which get hot), relays etc. unless I'm missing something.

Quick Reply: Coded some extra menu options.