E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Coded some extra menu options.

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 07:28 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

Originally Posted by BlaSTiWi
I didn't split open the int. mirror housing, just split the base cover (on the windshield) and there's that 10 slot plug tucked in where the metal arm pivot/rotate.
Or you mean apart off the windshield? To take it off the windshield I just rotated the metal arm of the int. mirror 'bout 45 deg. counter clockwise to release it.
Blasti thank you so much!!!, I got it working . Unfortunately I managed to crack the windscreen, I twisted the RLS by accident and the screen cracked quite bad , must be really delicate in that part, anyway Autoglass are coming on Tuesday to replace the screen, gonna cost £75 on my car insurance.
Old 03-23-2011, 07:57 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: MY07 525xi Silver Gray
Model Year: 2007

... uhhh ... darn it sorry to hear 'bout the crack BLooD ... this moddin' thingy really a no pain no gain deal ... I guess look at the bright side it's workin'

Originally Posted by BLooD
Blasti thank you so much!!!, I got it working . Unfortunately I managed to crack the windscreen, I twisted the RLS by accident and the screen cracked quite bad , must be really delicate in that part, anyway Autoglass are coming on Tuesday to replace the screen, gonna cost £75 on my car insurance.
Old 03-27-2011, 06:04 PM
Members

My Ride: BMW 550i 07 SMG M5 front conversion, custom black roof...

Nice!
Old 04-06-2011, 01:17 PM
Members

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
My Ride: E61 525i 2005, F11 528i 2012
Model Year: 2012

Hi all,

I have read the thread completely and all this got me interested to do some coding. I am wondering whether this is possible on my 2005 E61:
I have xenon with adaptive headlights build in and HUD.

- Adaptive headlights settings (sport/comfort/etc)
- Audible alarm when activating and deactivating (enable/disable)

Already know that for 2005 models, the welcome lights are not possible due to the "old" LM, correct?

Thanks!
Old 04-06-2011, 01:20 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by paulie
Hi all,

I have read the thread completely and all this got me interested to do some coding. I am wondering whether this is possible on my 2005 E61:
I have xenon with adaptive headlights build in and HUD.

- Adaptive headlights settings (sport/comfort/etc)
- Audible alarm when activating and deactivating (enable/disable)

Already know that for 2005 models, the welcome lights are not possible due to the "old" LM, correct?

Thanks!
M-view HUD display is possaable for you and alarm sound as well.
Old 04-15-2011, 11:32 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 525i Msport Professional

Hi, I have 2006 E60, I have coded as below, I have it displayed in idrive menu but not displayed on HUD screen Should I be changing in CCC_APP ?

Control unit: Cappl

M_SPORT_HUD
aktiv

MDrive
aktiv

HUD_M
aktiv

Control unit: HUD

M_SPORT_HUD
aktiv
Old 04-15-2011, 11:34 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Ozi5Msport
Hi, I have 2006 E60, I have coded as below, I have it displayed in idrive menu but not displayed on HUD screen Should I be changing in CCC_APP ?

Control unit: Cappl

M_SPORT_HUD
aktiv

MDrive
aktiv

HUD_M
aktiv

Control unit: HUD

M_SPORT_HUD
aktiv
Have you done any searching in the DIY section?, this has been covered. To answer your question yes it needs to active in CAPPL and HUD.

Old 04-16-2011, 01:42 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 525i Msport Professional

Blood,
That?s what I have read, I have coded and I see in drive and I can select but it doesn?t stay on and there is no change in the Heads Up. Just wondered if I missed anything as it doesn?t work for me re .. Should I be changing in CCC_APP ?

If I may indulge your patience, I also read "Kerb function does not and I repeat does not need memory seats"

KGM (sept 2005 onwards) ASP_BORDSTEIN Passenger mirror kerb function (Needs SA430) SA430 is fold in mirror option ? so if no folding mirrors no kerb function correct ?
Thanks for you help
Old 04-16-2011, 04:20 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Ozi5Msport
Blood,
That?s what I have read, I have coded and I see in drive and I can select but it doesn?t stay on and there is no change in the Heads Up. Just wondered if I missed anything as it doesn?t work for me re .. Should I be changing in CCC_APP ?

If I may indulge your patience, I also read "Kerb function does not and I repeat does not need memory seats"

KGM (sept 2005 onwards) ASP_BORDSTEIN Passenger mirror kerb function (Needs SA430) SA430 is fold in mirror option ? so if no folding mirrors no kerb function correct ?
Thanks for you help
For m-hud all is need is what you coded, functions in CAPPL and HUD.

For kerb function you have to have SA430 dimming / folding mirrors to begin with.
Old 05-12-2011, 07:09 AM
Members

My Ride: MY2007 (01/2007) E61 530d Sport Futura 231 hp - Sport automatic gearbox - GPS Pro - HUD - Air Conditioning, automatic with extended features - bi xenon adaptative headlights - Night Vision - TV Function DVB-T - Active Cruise Control - Panoramic glass sunroof - PDC F&R - Active Steering - Sport Steering Wheel - HiFi Pro Logic 7 - Bluetooth + telematics - Electric fr seats with driver memory - Alarm ...

Hi,

I've succesfully coded the M HUD on my car, it was fun but i've undo it because you loose the diamond button on the steering wheel with this settings
And on a diesel motor you can't go out the green limit for the tachometer...it's less fun!

For BLooD,

Can you help me to understand how i can change the sound of the acoustic lock / unlock, i'd managed the DWAS module to change ALARMTYP from ece to us, and no change!
When i read the module the parameter is set to us, that's ok, but when i read the full car FSW_PSW (195ko) the same parameter stay set to ece.
What can i do?

Quick Reply: Coded some extra menu options.