E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

CIC Retrofit Installation LOG

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2013, 12:55 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ncsugrad2006
We need to know exactly what year/model your car is. Apologies if this is posted somewhere obvious already and I missed it.

I know my car (2004 545i) and many others from BMW use a variable swash plate AC compressor, that does NOT have a clutch. This means it does always turn. It basically always turns, then has a swash plate that is moved around depending on how much "work" needs to be done. It's variable from 0 to 100%. Instead of cycling on and off all the time, it just changes the angle up and down to adjust everything as needed.

I also saw a compressor for sell on a newer BMW that indeed DID have a clutch, so at some point it appears they went back to that design.

Here is the theory of the compressor from BMW. Hope that helps.
Thank you very much for your info, my car is a 2005 535d. I found out the clutch info as well last night, and it seems that my car is a equipped with a non clutch compressor... but I am not sure how to check and see if my setup works correctly

As I said I did the pin 21 mod (cut pin 21 wire, the part that goes towards the car got hooked up to a negative and the wire that goes in the climate to a 12v positive).

I am not sure but I do not think leaving in the old climate control panel is a good ideea... I mean, the old climate control panel has a different layout, I am not sure how to set the air distribution from the old panel (the push left button being "max" and the push right button "residual heating".)

Thank you all for your input, any further information is greatly appreciated.
Old 05-22-2013, 11:56 AM
New Members

Anyone know the part # and where I could order the brush aluminum decor trim seen in this photo?

Name:  IMG_0272.jpg
Views: 1086
Size:  67.4 KB

I've tried ordering one from my local dealership but they keep ordering the non lci trim and saying that they can't order the LCI decor trim.
Old 05-22-2013, 12:04 PM
Contributors

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: BMW
Model Year: 2006

Originally Posted by ambiguous
Anyone know the part # and where I could order the brush aluminum decor trim seen in this photo?

I've tried ordering one from my local dealership but they keep ordering the non lci trim and saying that they can't order the LCI decor trim.

51167903535?

RealOEM.com BMW E60N 535i Decor trims, centre console
Old 05-23-2013, 01:03 AM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW 530D M-Sport, Steptronic, Grey Metallic, Retrofits: Sport Comfort Black Leather, M-Sport Alu Cube Dash Trim, Shadow Line Trim, CCC Pro Nav, Full M5 Conversion, M5 Mirrors, Quad M5, 20" M5 Gloss Black wheels, AC High Panel, Internal Boot Release, Mods: Xenons, Carbon Fibre Roof, Dension 500, Drilled & Grooved Discs,

Hi did any of you get the dension 500 to work with the cic if so what was the 6 dip switch settings and what needed to be codded

I had a lci ccc before all was working on there i cant seem to make it appear the menu of the dension 500 on the cic

Its still coded as a cdc on the cic. for the dension to work do i need to change this?

I havnt changed any dip switch settings yet from the ccc setup

Thanks
Old 05-23-2013, 11:10 AM
Members

Have the prices come down on the CIC retro-fit yet?
Old 05-23-2013, 11:39 AM
New Members

Alright, I'm going to ask the dumb questions

What does it take to switch a CIC unit from Europe over to North America maps?

What coding has to be done to make it work with my car/VIN?

And I guess more importantly than that, is can you code these with a DCAN cable, same as MASK/CCC units? Or do you have to have an ICOM?
Old 06-27-2013, 11:35 AM
New Members

I am the next lucky person doing this retrofit. So excited for my stuff to get to me. Let me just say Patryk is a rarity in the support and help he gives. He is so quick at responding to emails and helping you understand the process. If thinking about doing this retrofit going through him is a complete no brainer!!
Old 06-30-2013, 06:02 PM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 530i N52
Model Year: 2006
Engine: n52

ask patrick if he can provide the NBT(NEXT BEST THIHG) UNIT ..?
Old 07-03-2013, 04:47 AM
New Members

Do you need something special to make those LCI seat warming buttons and DSC buttons to work when moving from pre-lci panel to lci panel? I did cic retrofit and now want the rest of the console to become LCI
Old 07-05-2013, 07:28 AM
New Members

My Ride: BMW 2006 E90 Pre-LCI
Exclamation Help!!!

Hi guys, Im new to this forum and facing a little problem. I just purchased a new LCI iDrive controller to replace my old CCC controller. I looked at Georgieb's post (#367) which explained how to swap wires from the old 8 pin connector to the 4 pin connector. My issue is what do I do with the old wires from the 4 pin connector and what to do with the remaining 3 wires (3,6,7) from the ld 8 pin connector? Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Quick Reply: CIC Retrofit Installation LOG