E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

CIC Retrofit Installation LOG

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2013, 10:42 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60 2004 530d

Originally Posted by cegd
Hi guys, Im new to this forum and facing a little problem. I just purchased a new LCI iDrive controller to replace my old CCC controller. I looked at Georgieb's post (#367) which explained how to swap wires from the old 8 pin connector to the 4 pin connector. My issue is what do I do with the old wires from the 4 pin connector and what to do with the remaining 3 wires (3,6,7) from the ld 8 pin connector? Any advice would be very much appreciated.
I am about to start the re-fit til CIC too so have not the experience mayself, but the way I understand from this treat you should not worry about the other wires. CIC use less wires.

You also might want to read here:
http://www.motor-talk.de/forum/aktio...hmentId=690172

HTH Thor
Old 07-06-2013, 03:41 AM
New Members

My Ride: E60 2004 530d

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda
Just something before I publish a full DIY. IT IS POSSIBLE to swap the LCI A/C buttons into the pre-LCI AC. Doing this is much safer because I know my car is fine with the current AC. But it requires a lot of time and patience.

For anyone starting this mod I would recommend the following order.

1. Install the CIC controller.
2. Modify the A/C.
3. Work out what you are going to do about the sound if you have the EU Hi-Fi (US Std) sound. L7 and Individual Sound guys don't need to bother with this.
4. Lastly swap out the screen and CIC itself.

This way you are doing the most time consuming parts first. Ofcourse if you have no patience reverse the order but be prepared to keep pulling things out again!
Hi Bruce
Did you ever find out if switching buttons on the pre-LCI AC was the solution to get rid of the gap? I am hoping to go that route too :-)

Thx
Thor
Edited: Sorry, found your answer - which by the way is great :-)

Last edited by NorwayThor; 07-06-2013 at 03:59 AM. Reason: Found the answer!
Old 07-08-2013, 02:25 AM
New Members

My Ride: BMW 2006 E90 Pre-LCI
Question

Originally Posted by NorwayThor
I am about to start the re-fit til CIC too so have not the experience mayself, but the way I understand from this treat you should not worry about the other wires. CIC use less wires.

You also might want to read here:
http://www.motor-talk.de/forum/aktio...hmentId=690172

HTH Thor
Thanks for your reply Thor. So we can just seal them off and not worry about the remaining wires? Can anyone else confirm this? Will wires 1,2,4,5 from the old ccc unit still provide power to the new cic controller (ie: make the unit light up) ? I'm guessing one would also need the latest update to the old ccc unit in order for this to work. I had a complete vehicle update done in November at BMW HQ in Munich. Took 18 hours but they did not charge me as my combox needed replacing and they needed to update anyway .
Old 07-08-2013, 12:28 PM
New Members

so much talk about the lci aircon panel when making cic retrofit... is the lci panel the best solution (with the wiring mod) or the buttons swap to the old (is it just because of the gap or something more)? i now have pre-lci panel and cant control passengers airflow or temperature at all.
Old 08-17-2013, 07:00 PM
New Members

My Ride: BMW 650i

can you share the code you use to get the independent ac control panel to work with your cic? my car is lci for some reason I cant get the cic to show me the independent driver and passenger climate control. Thank You
Old 08-18-2013, 03:44 AM
New Members

Might also try bmwcoding forum also. They're a pain over there but also super knowledgable (this is schpenxel btw)
Old 08-18-2013, 03:47 AM
New Members

Oh Ok, I look over there, remember if you find the solution.. you are everywhere..lol btw I updated the map flawlessly fsc code for $20 USD and i got the usb on a torrent site. works like a charm it took roughly 22 mins to finish.
Old 08-18-2013, 04:06 AM
New Members

That's awesome. Where did you find it that cheap??

Mine took like 3 hours via dvd lol
Old 08-18-2013, 04:14 AM
New Members

some guy over at gpsunderground. I was skeptical at first but I see a bunched of people praising him so for $20 bucks why not, what could possibly go wrong, after all we drive the ultimate driving machine right.lol After he sent me the code I put the code right in and next thing I know I'm at 2% upload. and he communicate via email fairly well, not as fast sometimes but always within 1 to 2 hours. well worth the risk.
Old 08-18-2013, 04:15 AM
New Members

now I'm hunting for the climate control fix..lol

Quick Reply: CIC Retrofit Installation LOG