E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

CIC Retrofit Installation LOG

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 06:53 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 M5
Model Year: 2010
Engine: S85

Originally Posted by leletyM3
Are you gonna DIY?
Most probably with the help of a friend at his shop.
Old 01-02-2012, 04:45 PM
Members

Hi all,

I managed to install CIC from 2009 to my 2004 E61:

I have Hi-FI sound system so I cut 4 wires and solder it to another 4 to have more bass.its working.thanks this forum for solution for now its ok.later maybe I get amp.

USB data transfer working too.mp3 and video DVD plays ok.radio ok.

My old iDrive controler working too without any coding!!!!maybe i am lucky.

I have such issues:

0.I have sound and woofers working after mod,but do i need to change CIC coding for sound? can my CIC to burn outputs after this sound modification?(now its playing music -ok I did it like I wrote above)

1.what to do with pre-LCI AC ? I cant use it normaly some buzzing sound left when I remove the key -its sound of small fan from AC module.

2.I cant change air flow "to windows" "to legs" etc. and to change air flow to rear pasenger like I have these option in CCC---DO I need to do something with PIN 21 ???

What is better? to leave pre-LCI AC module? or install new one???(the gaps not bothering me) but I allready have new AC module too.

3.navigation works only for first power on.Now after "navigation is starting up" now i see NOT ACTIVE-greyed menu "NAVIGATION"

4.I have 50% experience to work with NCS expert.(did some coding to alarm,warning,mirrors folding,hud turns enable and etc sucesfully)

5.one question about CIC monitor: mine have no protection glass???why?its new model or I buy it in such condition?I dont see any broken parts but this glass I think protect the LCD from mechanical damage.?

Any advice needed HOW TO START TO DEAL WITH CIC CODING AFTER RETROFIT?how to create ssd file?to see cic?do I need to change cic vin to my cars?

I read all 55 pages of this forum but advices welcome.
Old 01-02-2012, 07:53 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by bmwspeed
Hi all,

I managed to install CIC from 2009 to my 2004 E61:

I have Hi-FI sound system so I cut 4 wires and solder it to another 4 to have more bass.its working.thanks this forum for solution for now its ok.later maybe I get amp.

USB data transfer working too.mp3 and video DVD plays ok.radio ok.

My old iDrive controler working too without any coding!!!!maybe i am lucky.

I have such issues:

0.I have sound and woofers working after mod,but do i need to change CIC coding for sound? can my CIC to burn outputs after this sound modification?(now its playing music -ok I did it like I wrote above)

1.what to do with pre-LCI AC ? I cant use it normaly some buzzing sound left when I remove the key -its sound of small fan from AC module.

2.I cant change air flow "to windows" "to legs" etc. and to change air flow to rear pasenger like I have these option in CCC---DO I need to do something with PIN 21 ???

What is better? to leave pre-LCI AC module? or install new one???(the gaps not bothering me) but I allready have new AC module too.

3.navigation works only for first power on.Now after "navigation is starting up" now i see NOT ACTIVE-greyed menu "NAVIGATION"

4.I have 50% experience to work with NCS expert.(did some coding to alarm,warning,mirrors folding,hud turns enable and etc sucesfully)

5.one question about CIC monitor: mine have no protection glass???why?its new model or I buy it in such condition?I dont see any broken parts but this glass I think protect the LCD from mechanical damage.?

Any advice needed HOW TO START TO DEAL WITH CIC CODING AFTER RETROFIT?how to create ssd file?to see cic?do I need to change cic vin to my cars?

I read all 55 pages of this forum but advices welcome.
This post put doubts into my mind about trying to DIY myself. Seems like you are having some issues hope you get it all worked out. Good Luck!
Old 01-03-2012, 01:51 AM
Members

And where is my TV tuner? its gone? with CCC I have TV tuner also installed from factory option :S601A .

CD changer function is left its functional.

Also I heard that CIC has VIDEO input.maybe some has pinout of it.How to connect rear camera.

Lets hack this car
Old 01-05-2012, 09:30 AM
Members

Hi, i decided to change my old idrive controller with the new one. I done the wiring as shown here but the controller only illuminates, nothing more. Car is E60 '05 with CCC profe?sional navigation. Any ideas?
Old 01-05-2012, 01:54 PM
awt
Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2001 320Ci Coupè

I did this retrofit a few days ago in my '08 523i. No navigation fram factory, just the 6.5" info screen. I did it the cheap and dangerous way, and bought the parts from eBay. I haven't bought the FSC-emulator yet, so the navigation is greyed out. Other than that, everything works as a charm.

6.5" screen from factory:

All the parts. Cables and trim bought from an online BMW parts dealer.

Interior trim removal:

The installation itself was quite easy, but the iDrive control took some time to install. I'm also gonna miss the little tray over the ashtray. Anyway, iDrive controller installed:

Coming close:

Ta-da!

First startup:
Old 01-05-2012, 01:55 PM
awt
Members

part #2 (too many pictures)

Works like a charm.

DVD playback:

Music import from USB:

I'm very pleased with the CIC system, and the whole car feels i little bit "newer".
Old 01-05-2012, 02:08 PM
Senior Members

+1 on the CIC retrofit, quick question did it come coded for your car already? Also you could have used your old idrive controller no?
Old 01-06-2012, 09:37 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530i N52
Model Year: 2006
Engine: n52

is the dvd playblack straight from dvd slot?
or an external dvd player with nav2go interface?
Old 01-07-2012, 02:49 AM
awt
Members

Originally Posted by b00sted415
+1 on the CIC retrofit, quick question did it come coded for your car already? Also you could have used your old idrive controller no?
I did the coding myself. I guess I could, but the new iDrive controller looks so much better. It was never an option for me to stick with the old one.

Originally Posted by stel_i79
is the dvd playblack straight from dvd slot?
or an external dvd player with nav2go interface?
It's straight from the DVD slot, no interfaces or other aftermarkets module. However this only works when the car is parked, unless you buy a module or do the proper coding.

Quick Reply: CIC Retrofit Installation LOG