E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Advice on Pre LCI Xenon to LCI Xenon

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 05:50 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by EAFers
2 lights I've found are both Hella US and they're both at 1k and over, with no ballast or bulb. How much did you pay for yours?
I would say keep looking Allen, GL in the search. Keep me posted on your progress and any questions.
Originally Posted by Georgieb
EAFers,
I still haven't bought the headlights either. Once I do I'll post what I paid and where I got them. I'm hoping to be able to pick them up for no more than $425.00 ea.
I paid $750 from a fourm member which was an great deal with only 1 tab broken and the condition was really good.
Old 04-28-2011, 01:13 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 06' BMW 530xi

Originally Posted by Georgieb
itz CracK,
Some of us are in the process of completing this update also. Would you mind jumping into that post and sharing your experience regarding re-use of the AHL/ALC modules? Some say despite the fact that the part numbers are the same between Pre-LCI and LCI, that the modules do not work if taken from the old head lights and used on the new ones. Did you re-use yours and did they function correctly? If so, was coding for these modules necessary also?

Thanks for your feedback.
Yeah, all the parts I mentioned I used from my old headlights they all worked perfect, if your reusing your own parts from the pre-lci headlights it should work .. however, I don't know if those parts bought used (e.g. ebay or junkyard) would work; you might need to buy them new (I just now for a fact you need a new uncoded LCM light module if your car is pre 09/2006 because I tried to code the car using my existing one and it didn't work) .. Also, I got the lights programed with Progman which is what the BMW dealer uses to do the LCI retrofit it took about 3 hours to do since it upgraded my whole system including the iDrive and navigation (from 2006 to 2008 version) .. A few memebers I seen used NCSExpert maybe that's why they're getting errors? I used NCSExpert to code minor stuff on my car like to roll up/ down the windows via the fob ... I bought the LCI headlights used from ebay for about $600 and taillights used from ebay for about $400 [one was us version (red turn signal and the other was euro version (yellow turn signal) lol there both white now ], I bought the LCM Module for about $400 from getbmwparts.com, and the retrofit cables was included in the installed price of $400 everything else was reused from my bi-xenon pre-lci headlights
Old 04-28-2011, 06:53 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 Black Sapphire 535i

Thanks for the feedback itz CracK. Once I get all the part together I'll let you know how my install goes.
Old 04-28-2011, 07:02 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW E-60 530I

how do u guys feel about both headlights in excellent condition for $500 shipped
Old 04-28-2011, 07:04 PM
Contributors

how do u guys feel about both headlights in excellent condition for $500 shipped
That feels great. Ha ha. I'm in. Care to elaborate?
Old 04-28-2011, 07:11 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW E-60 530I

well i spend months looking online - ebay - but you can always source the headlight individually.. just make sure to get the right ones
Old 04-28-2011, 09:09 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by sachal007
well i spend months looking online - ebay - but you can always source the headlight individually.. just make sure to get the right ones
Sachal so whats the update on the conversion?
Old 04-29-2011, 04:27 AM
Contributors

(I just now for a fact you need a new uncoded LCM light module if your car is pre 09/2006 because I tried to code the car using my existing one and it didn't work
itz CracK,
Quick question. Older version LCM Modules found on pre-LCI cars will not work with the new LCI Headlights (BMW # 61329112629). The newer LCM module is needed for this (BMW # 61359154944 - New # 61359203082). I think the inability to program the older LCM is a result of incompatibility and the modification is not really dependent on LCM module being new or un-coded, just that it is the newer part number.

The reason I say this is that I'm hoping to find a newer model LCM on eBay and most likely it will already come coded. We will need to re-code as part of the install.

If I'm off-base on this, let me know.

Thanks!
Old 04-29-2011, 04:40 AM
Contributors

Has it been confirmed that the AHL unit can be reused?
nomis,
Forgive my ignorance on this. I did some more research in the forums and have come to realize that you are also very adept at programming etc when it comes to our cars. Having said that, I now have more insight on why you might ask this question. Have you had experience in re-coding the LCM and AHL modules and was their a problem with this from your perspective?

Thanks for the input!
Old 05-04-2011, 11:36 AM
Contributors

Well it took some doing and some shrewd negotiations on eBay but I was able to buy the RT light fixture NEW (Hella OEM) for USD $350.00 and the LT light fixture USED but no broken tabs and a very clean lens (Hella OEM) for USD $225.00. Both have the servo motors for AHL but no Xenon bulbs, ballasts or AHL modules (Fairly standard for most headlights found on eBay for the E60). They came from different sellers. So @ $575.00 for the pair, I did fairly well.

The LCM and Harness assembly are also on order with Tischer so now I play the waiting game. I've got another important mod I'm doing with the car regarding a three-stage intake manifold so I'm not sure which one I'll be able to get to first. Anyway, the wheels are in motion. Full LCI light integration, here I come!

Quick Reply: Advice on Pre LCI Xenon to LCI Xenon