E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Advice on Pre LCI Xenon to LCI Xenon

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 11:56 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thx Georgieb, any comparison of the different headlights available to us? Pics maybe? Only subtle difference?
Old 04-27-2011, 11:58 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2007 Black Sapphire 535i

Thx Georgieb, any comparison of the different headlights available to us? Pics maybe? Only subtle difference?
I think its mostly in the inner lens...Check out the Euro version below....
Attached Thumbnails Advice on Pre LCI Xenon to LCI Xenon-lci-halogeen-koplamp.jpg  
Old 04-27-2011, 02:08 PM
Contributors

This conversion looks exactly like mine, but you got to use some of your existing Bi-xenon parts instead where I had to buy all new modules and LCM. The parts all look correct that you have pieced together and now is just putting all together then programming then your done baby...
Old 04-27-2011, 02:37 PM
Members

hmmmmmm interesting, up to this day since ive put the LCI Front headlights in my vehicle, my AHL isnt working and to top it off the green light on the light switch doesnt flash to say that its faulty, so i havnt bothered with it...... so now im wondering if i swap the internals from my pre LCI lights , would my AHL start working again?? hmmmmmmm

Thanks geargieb for bringing this up
Old 04-27-2011, 03:23 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by d4rkchocolate
hmmmmmm interesting, up to this day since ive put the LCI Front headlights in my vehicle, my AHL isnt working and to top it off the green light on the light switch doesnt flash to say that its faulty, so i havnt bothered with it...... so now im wondering if i swap the internals from my pre LCI lights , would my AHL start working again?? hmmmmmmm

Thanks geargieb for bringing this up
I have an 2003 built E60 and all my adaptive works and no green blinking light for error or I-Drive error. I couldn't use my old AHL module so I bought all new parts to piece my LCI conversion. I went from an Pre-LCI Adaptive Xenon to LCI adaptive xenon. I used all these parts listed below all new and coded and everything works with the help of Nomis_Nehc and his coding. Try buying new AHL module then recode.

Adaptive Light Module (x2, 1 for each light, Pre-LCI module the same)
63 12 7 189 312

LCM Module
New # 61 35 9 203 082

LCI Conversion Harness kit
61 12 0 432 110

Here is my Thread about the Conversion if it helps https://5series.net/forums/topic/111986-lci-conversion-parts-list/

Another
https://5series.net/forums/topic/112180-my-lci-conversion-journey/
Old 04-27-2011, 03:41 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: MY07 525xi Silver Gray
Model Year: 2007

Georgieb,

I retrofitted my car w/ the kind in your pic but AFAIK it is non-AHL ... 'cuz the inner lens has no function other than just simply house the H8 bulb for the AE.
While in an AHL headlight the inner round lens is frosted and also in use for cornering light as there's an additional H3 bulb in it.
Also, visible difference I can tell is there's no 'BMW Dynamic Xenon' wording around the ring of the Xenon lens which exist on AHL kind (w/ frosted inner lens).
(Last pic on post #47 above has a really good detail of the chrome ring around the Xenon lens for comparison when you blow up the pic at hi-res)

Here's my thread when I did my conversion few years ago = http://forums.5serie...-my-headlights/

Originally Posted by Georgieb
I think its mostly in the inner lens...Check out the Euro version below....
I also found another pic = https://5series.net/forums/index.php?app=core&module=attach§ion=attach&attach _rel_module=post&attach_id=105653 non-frosted inner/smaller lens
Old 04-27-2011, 07:37 PM
Contributors

d4rkchocolate,
Go for it and let us know how it turns out!
Old 04-27-2011, 07:41 PM
Contributors

BlaSTiWi,
Thanks for the feedback. Your car looks great with the LCI headlights. I'll stick to the AHL version Hella's for my install 1ZS 009 994-5 (LH) and 1ZS 009 994-6 (RH).
Old 04-27-2011, 08:15 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Georgieb
BlaSTiWi,
Thanks for the feedback. Your car looks great with the LCI headlights. I'll stick to the AHL version Hella's for my install 1ZS 009 994-5 (LH) and 1ZS 009 994-6 (RH).
2 lights I've found are both Hella US and they're both at 1k and over, with no ballast or bulb. How much did you pay for yours?
Old 04-27-2011, 08:55 PM
Contributors

2 lights I've found are both Hella US and they're both at 1k and over, with no ballast or bulb. How much did you pay for yours?
EAFers,
I still haven't bought the headlights either. Once I do I'll post what I paid and where I got them. I'm hoping to be able to pick them up for no more than $425.00 ea.

Quick Reply: Advice on Pre LCI Xenon to LCI Xenon