E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!
View Poll Results: What would you do?
Send them back
97.14%
Use spacers
2.86%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

*** Wheel Dilemma. Got them back. Pics inside.***

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 04:34 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DKNewYork
Exact cost is $2,550. At first it was $2,200. But the wider fronts means they would have to be 3 piece instead of 2. Plus $250 on TPMS. Which he told me $200 first. I asked for a better deal than that. He said he'll take $5 off each TPMS. When I got there to pick them up, he said $250 like that conversation never existed. He says shipping is included. I said fuck it. I just want my wheels. Not exactly $3,000. But I would be willing to dish out extra for something like DPE or something if I had known.

For the fronts. I basically asked for a 1/2" more on the outer lip. Retain the same total size but add the 1/2" on the outside. They said okay. I told them rear must be the same.

What pissed me off was they charged me $20 to mount 1 tire which took about an hour. They didn't even assemble the rest of the wheels. Said its available to be picked up Tuesday. Come Saturday. They didnt even seal the front wheels. (3 piece) Only one wheel was done. Which they charged me to mount the tire. That's like a slap in the face. Charging me when they didn't do anything they said they did. Wasting my time. Took them all day to pickup my wheels. They like put me on hold and worked on other customers or something. While I was waiting an hour for that 1 tire to be mounted. They told me they were sealing the fronts now. I go back there. They didn't even start. It's still in the box. Got there at 10am. Didn't get them til 6:30pm. I was hanging out at Motorcepts most of the day.

That is ridiculous. First off... you SHOULD NOT be driving on the wheels when the silicone hasn't even dried yet!!!! Also, for them to mount the tires when the silicone isn't fully dried means they could potentially damaged/break the silicone seal before you even mount the wheels on your car, resulting in either a slow leak or even worse..

Those Donz guys are f-ing beyond help... FYI I believe RENNEN is the same company as Donz, so beware..
Old 04-11-2011, 04:42 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i manual
Model Year: 2008
Engine: V8

All I can say is wow.... Im never recommending donz to anyone and telling everyone to stay away, this is complete bs where are our lawyers at we ahouls help dk out on this
Old 04-11-2011, 04:45 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i manual
Model Year: 2008
Engine: V8

Hey on another note guys, if you need my girl to rip them a new asshole shes more than willing to.
Old 04-11-2011, 05:00 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by redEYEjedi
That is ridiculous. First off... you SHOULD NOT be driving on the wheels when the silicone hasn't even dried yet!!!! Also, for them to mount the tires when the silicone isn't fully dried means they could potentially damaged/break the silicone seal before you even mount the wheels on your car, resulting in either a slow leak or even worse..

Those Donz guys are f-ing beyond help... FYI I believe RENNEN is the same company as Donz, so beware..
Umm. Yea. About that. Agree with you. Donz told me I can't mount the tires for 24 hours until they cured. I didn't mount the tires on the front. Only the rear since they are 2 piece. So out of the 4 wheels, only one his a tire mounted. I only test fitted the rim in the front.

I think it's just the East coast. They didn't do a good job. Poor customer service. They said they were going to ship the wheels back and have them make and assemble the wheels. But I think they just called the West coast and told them to build the lips and send them to the East Coast. They still have my bent up original barrels. Which doesn't make sense if they shipped it back. They won't ship messed up barrels back to the East coast.
Old 04-11-2011, 05:35 PM
Members

not to burst ur bubble but you do know u measured the wheels all wrong buddy
Old 04-11-2011, 05:39 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by dikbutton
not to burst ur bubble but you do know u measured the wheels all wrong buddy
I know. I confirmed it with Michael at Acute. But the rear wheels are the problem. They said it's the same measurement as my old ones. But from the picture, they aren't the same.
Old 04-11-2011, 05:46 PM
Members

ur pic is at an angle but i see where the lip folds ... you do know u have to give 1/2" space for the forging .. not to burst ur bubble again .. i just want to know did they measure ur car or did u do it ?? once again i use to work in rayco4 in long island and i always get these customers with wrong measurements..
Old 04-11-2011, 05:50 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

I would do 315's in the rear. Don't puss out.
Old 04-11-2011, 05:54 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Originally Posted by DKNewYork
Although I don't hate the 166's, I rather have aftermarket wheels.
It's ok to hate them. I'm not shy about it.
Old 04-11-2011, 05:56 PM
Members

Pic of the FRONT 20X10 Not the best angle. But I can assure you they are 10" wide.
Attachment 119547[/size]
[/quote]

you do know this is a 9" wide wheel right ... not to burst ur bubble yet again **

Quick Reply: *** Wheel Dilemma. Got them back. Pics inside.***