E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!
View Poll Results: What would you do?
Send them back
97.14%
Use spacers
2.86%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

*** Wheel Dilemma. Got them back. Pics inside.***

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2011, 11:05 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by redEYEjedi
Maybe the first mistake was buying Donz wheels. They seem to be a lower end wheel, and from the sounds of it, do not know fitments for the M5, or possibly fitments in general.

To answer your question about the 5mm space between the shocks and wheels, there should be no issue based on my personal experience. I'm running my HRE 593RS 20x9 (offsets unknown) and lowered a decent amount. I have maaaybe 5mm in the front, but definitely not a whole pinky can fit inbetween. No issues since your suspension should not be moving, normally. Since you did pay for them to be REBARRELLED, you should get what you paid for and not anything else.

p.s. I assume when you say "hoops" you mean barrels, which is the proper term for that particular wheel component.
Yea I should've went with DPE wheels or something. I figured I have them, I mind as well replace the barrels instead of buying new ones. After these get messed up beyond repair, I'm going with another brand. For the 5mm. I think it's less than 5mm. It's more like 2-3mm. I just worried if I were to hit a pothole and bend the wheel. It might come out more and hit the shock.

Trying to figure out if I should send the front wheels back too. Anyone running 20x10 up front?
Old 04-10-2011, 03:49 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545 modded the F out

Damn, that's horrible. Sorry to hear that DK. Yea I wasn't following what you meant by having the "hoops" redone, but I assumed you were referencing to getting them rebarralled. I say definitely DEMAND that they fix everything to your standards and that they have it expedited as well. I think having them fix their error would be more fitting rather then settling for their crappy customer service buy buying you some spacers for the ///M.

You waited this long for the beast. Wait a little longer for some proper shoes

and damn? Your they screwed up exhausts too?

Are you gunna be running your cayenne tips again? I'm assuming that's what you meant by you wanting to use your old tips.
Old 04-10-2011, 04:39 PM
Contributors

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: BMW
Model Year: 2006

Just voted and so far it seems 100% says send them back!
Old 04-10-2011, 05:03 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by devildawg712
Damn, that's horrible. Sorry to hear that DK. Yea I wasn't following what you meant by having the "hoops" redone, but I assumed you were referencing to getting them rebarralled. I say definitely DEMAND that they fix everything to your standards and that they have it expedited as well. I think having them fix their error would be more fitting rather then settling for their crappy customer service buy buying you some spacers for the ///M.

You waited this long for the beast. Wait a little longer for some proper shoes

and damn? Your they screwed up exhausts too?

Are you gunna be running your cayenne tips again? I'm assuming that's what you meant by you wanting to use your old tips.
Yeah I meant rebarrelled. They say hoops, so I called them that. I hate waiting. But I guess that's what I'll do.

I'm running the same tips again.
Old 04-10-2011, 06:32 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Send them back. Don't settle for something you won't be happy with, especially now that you own an M. I know that it's hard though, as the stock wheels are horrific looking. I PC'ed mine in hopes that it would help whenever I decided to actually use them and I still hate them. LOL! I feel your pain. Another 6 weeks?!?! It will go quick and you'll have them all summer.

As Mr. Miyagi used to say -- patience Danny son! Ha!
Old 04-10-2011, 08:38 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

SEND IT BACK!!! That's ridiculous man. DIdnt they measure ten times and u even brought the wheels over to measure properly and they still messed up??? They should refund the money!!!
Old 04-10-2011, 08:43 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

Hella notflush
Old 04-10-2011, 09:34 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 550 DPE S7 CF Front Splitters

No brainer, send them back! get what you paid for.
Old 04-11-2011, 07:14 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer
Send them back. Don't settle for something you won't be happy with, especially now that you own an M. I know that it's hard though, as the stock wheels are horrific looking. I PC'ed mine in hopes that it would help whenever I decided to actually use them and I still hate them. LOL! I feel your pain. Another 6 weeks?!?! It will go quick and you'll have them all summer.

As Mr. Miyagi used to say -- patience Danny son! Ha!
It's going to be a painful 4-6 weeks. The wait is going to kill me. Although I don't hate the 166's, I rather have aftermarket wheels. No offense to members with them on. I want to take them off and powdercoat them. Use them as backup and winter setup. Had it all planned out where once I got the car, it'll be riding on 20's.

Originally Posted by tex_phil
Hella notflush

Originally Posted by John@Motorcepts
SEND IT BACK!!! That's ridiculous man. DIdnt they measure ten times and u even brought the wheels over to measure properly and they still messed up??? They should refund the money!!!
I know right. Went to your shop to test fit them and they still managed to f*ck it up.
Old 04-11-2011, 07:38 AM
Contributors

Definitely have them redone at no cost to you. And as far as I know, a 20x10 front wont work out so well. I dont know from experience but it ive never heard anyone run a 20x10 front on an E60 M5. While your at it, have them make the rear a 20x10.5 or 11 so you can run a 305 rear. If youre gonna do it, then do it. Just my opinion.

All the best

Quick Reply: *** Wheel Dilemma. Got them back. Pics inside.***