E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!
View Poll Results: What would you do?
Send them back
97.14%
Use spacers
2.86%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

*** Wheel Dilemma. Got them back. Pics inside.***

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2011, 04:14 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

I got Donz Galante wheel as some of you guys already know. Sent my wheels back to get new hoops put on. Old hoops were bent, cracked and repaired too many times to be safe. I sent them to get new hoops put on. I specifically asked that the rear wheels remain the same. I had 5" outer lip on the rear. The guy working with me assured me that they will be the same. I told him countless times to remind him about the 5" lip must stay the same. Got an invoice stating "5" lip" for the rears. I called so much to a point where it was getting annoying. Now I picked them up yesterday. Got there right when they opened. Short story, Nightmare. Picked up the wheels at closing time. Paid $2,550 and they messed everything up. "Measure twice, cut once" They don't know how to measure over there?

The new hoop for the rear is 4.5" instead of 5" like I asked. Test fitted on my M5 and the LOOKS LIKE SHIT. Now it was around 8-9 when I test fitted and couldn't call to bitch at them. I can live with 4.5" but I would have to use spacers. Not like I need to have 5". But seeing how I paid for these wheels twice, why settle?

Now wondering what I should do. Weather is getting warmer and now I'm without wheels again.

Send them back and correct the mistake which will take about 4-6 weeks.
Have them pay for spacers, extended bolts

Now the other dilemma are the fronts. Since I got a M5 now, I wanted the front wheels to have a big lip. Instead of 3", it'll be 3.5" because of the fender. They told me I have to get 3 piece to get the custom lip I wanted. Okay. So I pay the difference. PROBLEM IS 20X10 FRONTS. I test fitted the front with no tires and the gap from the wheel and the shock is like 5mm. I can't even fit my pinky finger between the shock and wheel. My question is, will I run into trouble with this.

Old lip showing 5" lip

*** Wheel Dilemma.  Got them back.  Pics inside.***-dsc07249.jpg

New lip showing 4.5"

*** Wheel Dilemma.  Got them back.  Pics inside.***-dsc_2208.jpg

Old car with the correct lip size. (Don't mind the cheesy watermark. I used this pic for the email I sent them)

*** Wheel Dilemma.  Got them back.  Pics inside.***-dsc_0315.jpg

New lip on the car.

*** Wheel Dilemma.  Got them back.  Pics inside.***-dsc_2177.jpg
*** Wheel Dilemma.  Got them back.  Pics inside.***-dsc_2170.jpg

Pic of the FRONT 20X10 Not the best angle. But I can assure you they are 10" wide.
*** Wheel Dilemma.  Got them back.  Pics inside.***-dsc_2219.jpg
Old 04-10-2011, 04:25 AM
Contributors

Not a good weekend for mods. I just got my muffler on Friday. They sent me the wrong muffler and I only got one muffler. :thumbsdown:

I ordered single 2.25" in and single 2.25" out so I can use my tips. I got one muffler 3" in and DUAL 2.5" out.

What's up with customer service these days. Pay attention people!!!
Old 04-10-2011, 05:17 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i manual
Model Year: 2008
Engine: V8

Damn guys this suvks major ass... Make them rwdo your rims at there cost, also did you get cherry bombs agn?
Old 04-10-2011, 05:19 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Ghostteck
Damn guys this suvks major ass... Make them rwdo your rims at there cost, also did you get cherry bombs agn?
Yea. I did. Not the glasspack mufflers. The Vortex mufflers.
Old 04-10-2011, 05:19 AM
Contributors

Also for almost 3grand I would be an asshole if they didnt get it right
Old 04-10-2011, 05:21 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by DKNewYork
Yea. I did. Not the glasspack mufflers. The Vortex mufflers.
Damn I cant wait to hear what your car is going.to sound like
Old 04-10-2011, 05:23 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 05 545 BLK/BLK
Model Year: 2005

DK,

That really sucks man.. GL with this, and I agree, I would make them do the wheels over again and get it right!! Get what you PAID for. You always have Wonderful cars, so I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product. GL man!!
Old 04-10-2011, 05:32 AM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: ///M5 BEAST
Model Year: 2006

Make them redo it! With all the money you paid, you shouldn't have to settle...
Old 04-10-2011, 08:50 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 Mystic Blue Metallic 545I

raise hell man. don't settle for anything. you paid good money for your stuff they need to correct their mistake as fast as possible.
Old 04-10-2011, 09:09 AM
Contributors

Maybe the first mistake was buying Donz wheels. They seem to be a lower end wheel, and from the sounds of it, do not know fitments for the M5, or possibly fitments in general.

To answer your question about the 5mm space between the shocks and wheels, there should be no issue based on my personal experience. I'm running my HRE 593RS 20x9 (offsets unknown) and lowered a decent amount. I have maaaybe 5mm in the front, but definitely not a whole pinky can fit inbetween. No issues since your suspension should not be moving, normally. Since you did pay for them to be REBARRELLED, you should get what you paid for and not anything else.

p.s. I assume when you say "hoops" you mean barrels, which is the proper term for that particular wheel component.

Quick Reply: *** Wheel Dilemma. Got them back. Pics inside.***