E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!
View Poll Results: What would you do?
Send them back
97.14%
Use spacers
2.86%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

*** Wheel Dilemma. Got them back. Pics inside.***

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 06:00 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this is how its done
Attached Thumbnails *** Wheel Dilemma.  Got them back.  Pics inside.***-wheel-measuring.gif  
Old 04-11-2011, 06:02 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by dikbutton
ur pic is at an angle but i see where the lip folds ... you do know u have to give 1/2" space for the forging .. not to burst ur bubble again .. i just want to know did they measure ur car or did u do it ?? once again i use to work in rayco4 in long island and i always get these customers with wrong measurements..
They did the measuring. I sent them my wheels so they can replace them with the exact same barrel. But I think they half assed it and just called in it without measuring the actual barrel. They just took my words on how I wanted a 5" lip which at the time I thought it was. They said they were going to send back the wheel to replace it with the same barrel and assemble them. But they didn't.

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer
It's ok to hate them. I'm not shy about it.
Ok. I hate them.

you do know this is a 9" wide wheel right ... not to burst ur bubble yet again **
Yea I know.
Old 04-11-2011, 06:13 PM
Members

well im just saying you said ur front wheels are 10" wide ... and they are actually 9" wide .. so lets say for the f of it ur prob off on the rears as well .. but anyways its late and i see this tread is a good one so we will find out who is the culprit .. good night !!!
Old 04-11-2011, 06:20 PM
Contributors

well im just saying you said ur front wheels are 10" wide ... and they are actually 9" wide .. so lets say for the f of it ur prob off on the rears as well .. but anyways its late and i see this tread is a good one so we will find out who is the culprit .. good night !!!
Well, I'm going to take pics with the measurements at the place. Take the face off and bolt it back on the the old ones. So if they are the same. Then it's my fault. (Highly doubt it)

If they are different then it's their fault. I'll even have them measure it the correct way. I'm pretty sure the 2 barrels will be different.

Good night.

I gave them my old wheels. So they have it to measure everything for the replacements. It's not like I called it in and told them the measurements based on my measuring. I didn't give them any measurements. I pretty much said "I need a 1/2" more on the outer lip on the front and the rear to remain the same.
Old 04-11-2011, 07:34 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i manual
Model Year: 2008
Engine: V8

Originally Posted by DKNewYork
Ok. I hate them.

hey if you dont want them DK I'll take them you can take my 172's freshly PC'd
Old 04-11-2011, 08:10 PM
Contributors

not to burst ur bubble but you do know u measured the wheels all wrong buddy
You joined today to post on my thread. You happened to be in the South Ozone park area where Donz happened to be located. All 5 post were on this thread. Do you work with them?

If you work with them, come forward. I don't mind if you speak your side of the story.

Googled South Ozone Park. (A) is the general area.

I'm aware the fronts I measured wrong. I'll admit to that. But the rears are the ones in question. You keep bringing up that I measured wrong. Even posting pics of how to measure.

But if the rears aren't the same as my old setup. Then where do we go from there. If they are the same. I'll come right out and apologize for my mistake. I'll even start another thread apologizing.
But if they aren't the same measurements. What will you do?

Just put yourself in my position. You just spent $900 for the rear wheels. Only to find out it's "off" by a 1/2" We'll talk tomorrow. The main reason why I kept these wheels and rebarrelled was because I like the deep rear lip. If I had known, I'd go with another company.

ur pic is at an angle but i see where the lip folds ... you do know u have to give 1/2" space for the forging .. not to burst ur bubble again .. i just want to know did they measure ur car or did u do it ?? once again i use to work in rayco4 in long island and i always get these customers with wrong measurements..
So where do you work now?

Old 04-12-2011, 06:33 AM
Members

This is Joe from Donz/Rennen Wheels

1. I did not measure your car at all nor did anybody in my facility.

2. I told you numberless I wanted to measure your new car to see if the wheels even fit.

3. You took the wheels and put it on ur frinds m5 ( the one I was gonna measure for you)
you said they fit not a problem for the rear . And you just want to make the fronts wider .

4. I had you sign off on the sheet that is what you requested .

5. And yes your rear wheel is a 20x10 with a 5" lip .. that same thing you had before

6. your m5 does not have the same wheel fitment as you regular 5 series .
Old 04-12-2011, 07:12 AM
Contributors

This is Joe from Donz/Rennen Wheels

1. I did not measure your car at all nor did anybody in my facility.

2. I told you numberless I wanted to measure your new car to see if the wheels even fit.

3. You took the wheels and put it on ur frinds m5 ( the one I was gonna measure for you)
you said they fit not a problem for the rear . And you just want to make the fronts wider .

4. I had you sign off on the sheet that is what you requested .

5. And yes your rear wheel is a 20x10 with a 5" lip .. that same thing you had before

6. your m5 does not have the same wheel fitment as you regular 5 series .
1. I asked you if I can test fit it on my friend's M5. You needed to know if it'll clear the brake calipers. I said the fronts needed a 1/2" on the outer lip. The rear fits perfect and I even took pics of the old wheels on the rear.

2. I didn't have my car at the time. I was in the process of buying it. All M5 are the same.

3. Exactly. No problems in the rear. So if you took the measurements of the rear and replaced them with the same measurements. It should be no problem. I'll check it when I see you today.

4. I signed off.

5. I said I want the rear to be the same. I said 5" because the original person who got made the wheels said they were 5" lips. He works with you too.

6. Like I told you before. M5 and 545i have the same rear. Only difference is the front of the M5 has a wider fender.
Old 04-12-2011, 07:19 AM
Contributors

So where do we go from here? If the barrels aren't the same when we measure it. Will I get new barrels? Same as the old barrels? Also will it be in a timely fashion. In about 4 weeks? You're not going to prolong it right? From what you guys did to me on Saturday. Say its done Tuesday. I come in 10am Saturday and you make me wait all day to give me my wheels. Everytime I asked, are they sealing it now? You guys said yes. I go back there, they didn't even take it out the box take assemble it. You guys might do it in spite and make me wait months.

If the barrels are the same measurements. I'll apologize to you. Make another thread apologizing. And never bother you again.
Old 04-12-2011, 07:26 AM
Members

Why are we arguing online get over here to see .. oh and I will be taking pictures

Quick Reply: *** Wheel Dilemma. Got them back. Pics inside.***