E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!
View Poll Results: What would you do?
Send them back
97.14%
Use spacers
2.86%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

*** Wheel Dilemma. Got them back. Pics inside.***

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 07:32 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dikbutton
Why are we arguing online get over here to see .. oh and I will be taking pictures
Papertrail.

I don't want to have you agree to replace my wheels but take months to give it to me. If the wheels are different.

You got my money. I didn't get the wheels I wanted. For all I know you guys will say you'll replace them but take your time.

Sort of like a restaurant. Where the customer gets a cold soup. Tells the waiter the soup is cold. Waiter says it's warm only to find out it's cold. Waiter gets offended. Spits in the soup.
Old 04-12-2011, 07:51 AM
Members

really dude ..
Old 04-12-2011, 07:58 AM
Contributors

really dude ..
Let's talk when I get there. So far everything is unknown. No one is at fault until we measure. I apologize in advance if I'm being an ass. I'm just frustrated with this whole situation and need to vent. The more I reply, I'm just making it worse.

Again if I am wrong. I owe you, Donz a big apology.
Old 04-12-2011, 08:30 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i manual
Model Year: 2008
Engine: V8

DK stop apologizing, you didnt do anything wrong, for now we all know your old barrel was 5" and the new is 4.5 just go talk to the guys and see whats up then you will see if an apology is needed.
Old 04-12-2011, 12:02 PM
Contributors

I'm officially the asshole. I jumped the gun on this one and embarrassed myself. Joe at Donz is the master. Master teaching a student. Anyone needs anything from Donz or Rennen, hit Joe up. Turns out the barrels are the same as my old ones. Now I know that the M5 are different from the 545i.

There will be a thread on my apology following soon after I post this. Most likely will end up in the lounge though.

Again, sorry Joe. Thanks for putting me in my place Joe and dealing with my bullshit.
Old 04-12-2011, 12:14 PM
Contributors

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: BMW
Model Year: 2006

So what's next? Are you going to have them redo the rears at your cost?
Old 04-12-2011, 12:18 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i manual
Model Year: 2008
Engine: V8

lol ok now n apology is require lol
Old 04-12-2011, 12:26 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by balbs
So what's next? Are you going to have them redo the rears at your cost?
Nah. They don't offer a next size up. That would mean I would have to go with a 3 piece.

I would love to. But that would mean I have to scrape my current barrels and buy new ones. Going to put spacers.
Originally Posted by Ghostteck
lol ok now n apology is require lol
Already posted.
Old 04-12-2011, 12:43 PM
Contributors

ur pic is at an angle but i see where the lip folds ... you do know u have to give 1/2" space for the forging .. not to burst ur bubble again .. i just want to know did they measure ur car or did u do it ?? once again i use to work in rayco4 in long island and i always get these customers with wrong measurements..

The deceiving part about how you are defending your side of the story is that you pretended to be someone else not involved with the situation. Isn't the "they" you referred to actually your company (or the company you work for)? There is nothing wrong coming on the board to defend your company in this situation, but you pretended to be a regular forum member correcting DK. You weren't straight forward about who you were until AFTER DK called you out asking who you were. There may be other circumstances that caused you to do this, but it didn't look very good..

But glad things were sorted out and DK was put in his place.
Old 04-12-2011, 12:55 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by redEYEjedi
The deceiving part about how you are defending your side of the story is that you pretended to be someone else not involved with the situation. Isn't the "they" you referred to actually your company (or the company you work for)? There is nothing wrong coming on the board to defend your company in this situation, but you pretended to be a regular forum member correcting DK. You weren't straight forward about who you were until AFTER DK called you out asking who you were. There may be other circumstances that caused you to do this, but it didn't look very good..

But glad things were sorted out and DK was put in his place.
Yes he did. It's funny how everything turned out. I can't stop laughing at this thread.

Quick Reply: *** Wheel Dilemma. Got them back. Pics inside.***