E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Who's first??

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 05:06 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by aqkhan6us' post='411536' date='Apr 8 2007, 08:42 PM
Yep. My dealer told sometimes EPA issues happen with 1st batch of cars. Someone posted the same on this site too.
How stupid? This is not a totally new car or Diesel auto, but it is facelifted with some newer features eg. Engine, Gear etc.
Maybe.... because of this it was stuck at SC port or VPC. Otherwise I would had it by now ?
For emissions and fuel economy measurement purposes, the EPA does an evalution of every engine and transmission combination for every model for every model year. So as this is the first batch of "MY08s", it is the first chance to do the evalution.

This is the real reason why BMW changed the model year designation in the US market. If they marketed the cars as "MY07s", a second 07 evaluation would have been necessary now, followed by yet another evalution in September for the "new" MY08s.
Old 04-08-2007, 05:12 PM
Members

Originally Posted by hinckley' post='411543' date='Apr 8 2007, 08:06 PM
For emissions and fuel economy measurement purposes, the EPA does an evalution of every engine and transmission combination for every model for every model year. So as this is the first batch of "MY08s", it is the first chance to do the evalution.

This is the real reason why BMW changed the model year designation in the US market. If they marketed the cars as "MY07s", a second 07 evaluation would have been necessary now, followed by yet another evalution in September for the "new" MY08s.
got ya.does it take place at the port itself or at the vpc?
Old 04-08-2007, 09:07 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 550i - AS, SP, CWP, Nav, L7, Rear Sunshades, PDC, Comfort Seats

Originally Posted by hinckley' post='411543' date='Apr 8 2007, 09:06 PM

How long does this process take? My car has been at the VPC since March 23.
Old 04-09-2007, 04:14 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by GP545iSport' post='411616' date='Apr 9 2007, 12:07 AM
Yours has been at the VPC since March 23?? Wow, that's a long wait.

I was told on Friday that mine is at VPC and to check back today (Monday) in the afternoon. I expect delivery this week at the latest (or so they say ). It looks like a bunch of us SHOULD be in our cars by the weekend. Maybe I'll see someone on the GS Parkway Saturday............
Old 04-09-2007, 04:41 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by deelee' post='411544
Don't know either answers, but as someone else said, this isn't the first time this has happened with the E60.
Old 04-09-2007, 03:42 PM
CWG
Members

My Ride: 08 550i Titanium Silver, Black interior, sport package, steptronic

Just heard from my dealer that my car has arrived at the VPC in California and is expected to be available for pick up on April 25th in Honolulu. So far they have been either on or ahead of schedule through this whole process so I am keeping my fingers crossed. No mention of any problems with EPA or at the VPC
Old 04-09-2007, 04:42 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by hinckley' post='411680' date='Apr 9 2007, 08:41 AM
Don't know either answers, but as someone else said, this isn't the first time this has happened with the E60.
I spoke to my CA earlier today and my car is at the dealership. I will most likely pick it up on Thursday or Friday. The wait now is only a few days instead of months!!!!
Old 04-09-2007, 05:53 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by GP545iSport' post='411890' date='Apr 9 2007, 08:42 PM
I spoke to my CA earlier today and my car is at the dealership. I will most likely pick it up on Thursday or Friday. The wait now is only a few days instead of months!!!!
Also, forgot to mention that I was told that the delay was because of the epa inspection as stated in other posts.
Old 04-09-2007, 06:00 PM
Senior Members

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by CWG' post='411875' date='Apr 9 2007, 06:42 PM
Just heard from my dealer that my car has arrived at the VPC in California and is expected to be available for pick up on April 25th in Honolulu. So far they have been either on or ahead of schedule through this whole process so I am keeping my fingers crossed. No mention of any problems with EPA or at the VPC
My xi (built date,Feb27th), completed ( March 8th), boarded the ship (March 16th), landed at SC port (March 31st). It is stuck there somewhere between SC-Port and VPC or at VPC since then. I spoke to my dealer at chicago today and he said I may-may get my 2008 xi by the end of this week or next week. My xi was supposed to arrive at dealer and picked up by me in first week of April.

Because of this stupid EPA it is delayed by 1-2 weeks ??. It is not a DIESEL / SEWAGE / GAS / Hydrogen / solar / battery car that needs so many days for them. I am sure non-petrol cars will get tough time because of the big billionaires CEOs / Bosses of Oil -Gas companies here in US.

YES , the EPA inspections and check has to be done because of some modifications and new things. Once this is done the west coast people may not have to worry as this applies to all cars. It is the first batch of cars that land the US-port need EPA check and certification (my understanding).
Good Luck
Old 04-09-2007, 06:39 PM
Members

Originally Posted by aqkhan6us' post='411908' date='Apr 9 2007, 09:00 PM
My xi (built date,Feb27th), completed ( March 8th), boarded the ship (March 16th), landed at SC port (March 31st). It is stuck there somewhere between SC-Port and VPC or at VPC since then. I spoke to my dealer at chicago today and he said I may-may get my 2008 xi by the end of this week or next week. My xi was supposed to arrive at dealer and picked up by me in first week of April.

Because of this stupid EPA it is delayed by 1-2 weeks ??. It is not a DIESEL / SEWAGE / GAS / Hydrogen / solar / battery car that needs so many days for them. I am sure non-petrol cars will get tough time because of the big billionaires CEOs / Bosses of Oil -Gas companies here in US.

YES , the EPA inspections and check has to be done because of some modifications and new things. Once this is done the west coast people may not have to worry as this applies to all cars. It is the first batch of cars that land the US-port need EPA check and certification (my understanding).
Good Luck
mine has landed at charleston on 8th and due to be at the vpc on 9th per dealer.not sure if mine will be stuck too.since its not the first batch..any answers?