E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Who's first??

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 06:15 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It looks like it comes directly into NJ via Jersey City, not into NY. Maybe that will save me a day?? I'll take what I can get....
Old 03-23-2007, 06:29 PM
Contributors

Hello to Everyone. Yet another newbie here.
I have been reading and following for the past five weeks.

Ordered:
535i Space Grey Metallic
Night Vision
Nav
Steptronic Sport tran
Ipod/USB
Sport Pack/Premium Pack
PDC/Comfort Acc/Cold weather Pack/Premium HI FI

Went into production on Macrh 10th. On the dock March 20th.

When is the next Vessel leaving for the US...
Old 03-24-2007, 04:53 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by calypsobimmer' post='406245' date='Mar 23 2007, 10:29 PM
Hello to Everyone. Yet another newbie here.
I have been reading and following for the past five weeks.

Ordered:
535i Space Grey Metallic
Night Vision
Nav
Steptronic Sport tran
Ipod/USB
Sport Pack/Premium Pack
PDC/Comfort Acc/Cold weather Pack/Premium HI FI

Went into production on Macrh 10th. On the dock March 20th.

When is the next Vessel leaving for the US...
Congrats on a great car. I am very interested to see the space grey in person. I thought the sport tranny wasn't coming out until Summer? The car should be a monster!

My car was built on the 9th (finished production) and I didn't make it onto a ship until the 20th. Then again, I think my car was intentionally delayed so that it wouldn't arrive until after the NA debut on April 6th.

If you went into production on the 10th, I'd bet you will be on a ship soon. Call 800.831.1117 and punch in your vehicle production code and you can track it.

Best of luck.
Old 03-24-2007, 05:13 AM
TC.
Members

My Ride: 535d m sport - 9 Weeks to go!!

Originally Posted by bmw093' post='406330' date='Mar 24 2007, 12:53 PM
Congrats on a great car. I am very interested to see the space grey in person. I thought the sport tranny wasn't coming out until Summer? The car should be a monster!

My car was built on the 9th (finished production) and I didn't make it onto a ship until the 20th. Then again, I think my car was intentionally delayed so that it wouldn't arrive until after the NA debut on April 6th.

If you went into production on the 10th, I'd bet you will be on a ship soon. Call 800.831.1117 and punch in your vehicle production code and you can track it.

Best of luck.
Am I the first?!TC's LCI 535d M Sport
Old 03-24-2007, 05:15 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by TC.' post='406339' date='Mar 24 2007, 01:13 PM
TC's LCI 535d M Sport
Well, the first on this forum.

BTW I was worried about you mate after all your "excitement". Glad your heart stood up to all the stress!

It's worth it. Innit?

ABC
Old 03-24-2007, 05:29 AM
TC.
Members

Originally Posted by aybeesea' post='406341' date='Mar 24 2007, 01:15 PM
Well, the first on this forum.

BTW I was worried about you mate after all your "excitement". Glad your heart stood up to all the stress!

It's worth it. Innit?

ABC
Oh yes indeed! Car has surpassed my expectations in every way, very very refined - I know I will regret this statement at some point in the future but so far the build quality, fit finish, materials and overall feeling of quality are top draw
Old 03-24-2007, 09:06 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by TC.' post='406349' date='Mar 24 2007, 09:29 AM
Oh yes indeed! Car has surpassed my expectations in every way, very very refined - I know I will regret this statement at some point in the future but so far the build quality, fit finish, materials and overall feeling of quality are top draw
YOU WIN!! For that you get....um....to keep your car. The focus now turns on NA. A few have shipped and so it will be a tight race.

Maybe you can answer a question that keeps me obsessed with the fog lights-- I ordered my LCI and it is ordered without the M-Tech kit. ABC believes, and I think he is right, that the LCI has different fog lights than the LCI M Sport. So if I am having a M-Tech kit put on at the port in NJ, will they be able to do it?? Won't they have to put back in the pre-LCI fog lights?

I see more delays in my future...........
Old 03-24-2007, 09:16 AM
TC.
Members

Originally Posted by bmw093' post='406424' date='Mar 24 2007, 05:06 PM
YOU WIN!! For that you get....um....to keep your car. The focus now turns on NA. A few have shipped and so it will be a tight race.

Maybe you can answer a question that keeps me obsessed with the fog lights-- I ordered my LCI and it is ordered without the M-Tech kit. ABC believes, and I think he is right, that the LCI has different fog lights than the LCI M Sport. So if I am having a M-Tech kit put on at the port in NJ, will they be able to do it?? Won't they have to put back in the pre-LCI fog lights?

I see more delays in my future...........
I believe that the Fogs on the M Sport are the same as pre LCI - to be honest the only way you can spot a pre LCI M Sport is either by the boot lid or when you see it at night (difference in lights) Might be worth contacting your local dealer and see if you can get part numbers? That may be a good way of seeing if there is a difference???
Old 03-24-2007, 02:11 PM
Senior Members

Hi all of you,

This is my 1st post, I'm Tim from Holland. I have ordered my E60 LCI a week ago and will get it end of May.
Today I visited my dealer because I was invited for the E60LCI intro. The changes are subtle, especially the interiour has really improved and I love the new rear lights. Small wonders of optical technology.

I have some pictures and can post them if people are interested. In Holland 24-3 was the offcial intro for the LCI model, I'm not sure about other countries.

Thank all of you, I found this forum quite interesting and it helped me in my choices for ordering the car.

Tim
Old 03-24-2007, 02:13 PM
Senior Members

Here's a rear light with the very nice lightguides, driven by red LEDs. I was also amazed by the blinkers.
Attached Thumbnails Who's first??-e60_lci_rear.jpg