E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Well, i messed up my car

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 03:32 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Week 17 Build, 2008 E60 535d M Sport - Titanium Silver, Black Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Automatic gearbox, Steering Wheel Heating, M Double Spoke 172 19" Mixed Wheels, Auto-Dim+Exterior Mirror, Comfort seats, Front Seat Heating, Aluminium Pentan interior trim,DAB Tuner, TV Function, BMW Individual Audio System 825W !!

I can understand your initial reaction Craig, on my previous E61 my daughter rode her bike a bit too close to the car, and inevitably there was a handle bar scar down the passenger door...

First feeling was that of like wanting to be sick, quickly followed by sadness. But it got repaired and no one ever knew... but I did, every time I cleaned her... the job was good, but maybe it was just because I knew what had happened.

So I traded it in!! j/k

Good luck with the repairs
Old 06-13-2009, 04:11 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='910089' date='Jun 13 2009, 12:07 AM
In my garage, backing in, handbrake of my motorcycle dug right into my paint down the rear quarter onto the back door. its deep. its not a scratch. it is trough the paint.
my car WAS flawless. now it is a peice of shit. i am shaking and it happened about half an hour ago. i told myself i was not going out tonight because i am a moron and spend a fortune when i go out. so much for that. a few hundred bucks is a mere nothing to the god knows how much this will cost.
i dont even want the car anymore.
i am so mad. i screamed the F word a few times so everyone in a 2 mile radius could hear me. my dirtbag neighbors prob think its funny because they are losers.
this is the worst day of my life... well, this year so far anyway.
i wish my car would just catch fire so i could get a new one.
I saw your pictures ... what you did was careless and reckless ! You should be banished to driving a Civic :thumbsdown:

Now, before you go ballistic ... a quality bodyshop can refinish this quickly and it will probably be undetectable. Paint matching technology is so much better than it was just a few years ago and the basic dark colors will finish up nicely. The first blemish is always the toughest!

But be sure to go for quality ... and get a look at examples of the bodyshop's work. The difference in price between an expert and a cobbler is very small ... don't try to save $50 at the expense of a repair that sticks out like the handbrake of your motorcycle!

All will be fine
Old 06-13-2009, 05:57 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

Is that really down to metal? Why not try rubbing compound to see if it comes out? My car got hit up the side with a scratch 2x as long and it came out with rubbing compound u can get from autozone.
Old 06-13-2009, 06:03 AM
DTD
Senior Members

My Ride: 550i 2009 Mod. with tints all around. Got Splitter and Spoiler coming. May do an exhaust.

I tried Insurance... my deductible was too high to cover, plus my state said you need a police report. The officer said he could not give me a report because he said it was not an accident? Then he said Sorry? I said to myself Yeah Right Jack!
What I what to know is how long I need to wait for the Clear Coat to harden up before I Buff and what WAX?

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='910298' date='Jun 13 2009, 06:47 AM
i overreact. thats what i do . no i am not married. i would imagine i would have a very hard time letting my girlfriend or wife drive it. i let a friend drive it one night because i was drunk. it was that or leave it in front of the bar.

i wont be putting it through insurance. if it is a 300-400 bucks like some have said it may be, that is an easy out of pocket. if i stay in the rest of this weekend, it doesnt even affect my budget. i already stayed in last night. I am heading up to that car meet at 9, i am taking it up there with the scratch. maybe i will meet someone who has a shop.

thanks again for your wisdom everyone. i have been in tampa 6-7 months and havent met a lot of people. i have made a few guy friends, but nobody that i feel comfortable enough to call and be a big whiny bitch about a scratch to. and i dont have any close women friends who could pretend to care. well, i do, but they are just trying to get me to date them. i cant let them see me vulnerable .so you guys were my support channel tonight

thanks for the virtual shoulders
Old 06-13-2009, 06:15 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2010 M5 alpine white, black full leather, etc.

Where is the Maharishi Mahesh Yogi when we need him?
Ommmmmm............
Old 06-13-2009, 06:27 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by DTD' post='910336' date='Jun 13 2009, 10:03 AM
I tried Insurance... my deductible was too high to cover, plus my state said you need a police report. The officer said he could not give me a report because he said it was not an accident? Then he said Sorry? I said to myself Yeah Right Jack!
What I what to know is how long I need to wait for the Clear Coat to harden up before I Buff and what WAX?

If you really want to push the insurance envelope try a comprehensive claim on your homeowners' policy - claim the motorcycle was pushed over by ghosts and fell on your car.
Old 06-13-2009, 06:30 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='910089' date='Jun 13 2009, 12:07 AM
In my garage, backing in, handbrake of my motorcycle dug right into my paint down the rear quarter onto the back door. its deep. its not a scratch. it is trough the paint.

my car WAS flawless. now it is a peice of shit. i am shaking and it happened about half an hour ago. i told myself i was not going out tonight because i am a moron and spend a fortune when i go out. so much for that. a few hundred bucks is a mere nothing to the god knows how much this will cost.

i am so mad. i screamed the F word a few times so everyone in a 2 mile radius could hear me. my dirtbag neighbors prob think its funny because they are losers.

this is the worst day of my life... well, this year so far anyway.

i wish my car would just catch fire so i could get a new one.
Craig, I am sorry about what happened, but I would like to put this into perspective for you. A friend of mine's 21 yr. old son was killed in a motorcycle accident, last week. How's that for a bad year? The car can and will be fixed and it will look better than ever. Take care.
Old 06-13-2009, 06:32 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by porsche911targa' post='910344' date='Jun 13 2009, 10:30 AM
Craig, I am sorry about what happened, but I would like to put this into perspective for you. A friend of mine's 21 yr. old son was killed in a motorcycle accident, last week. How's that for a bad year? The car can and will be fixed and it will look better than ever. Take care.
That's a tragedy! Sorry for your friend's loss
Old 06-13-2009, 06:37 AM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by porsche911targa' post='910344' date='Jun 13 2009, 10:30 AM
It doesn't get more worse than that. So soory for your friend.
Old 06-13-2009, 06:43 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='910089' date='Jun 12 2009, 09:07 PM

Can I have it then?

Sh!t happens... cuss a few times, say whatever and move on... What can you do?

Quick Reply: Well, i messed up my car