E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Well, i messed up my car

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 08:55 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by -Mike-' post='910134' date='Jun 13 2009, 12:52 AM
Hey Craig, on the bright side, those 124's are bangin' man! You got this. Stop at a dealer-recommended shop tomorrow, and by July she will be back in action. Did you just wash the car today? Those wheels look slicked up and ready to go.
i washed it yesterday. polished it. then today hit the car with some spray wax after the gym, slopped on another coat of tire wet and wiped the wheels down.

now tomorrow night when i go out, i am going to have to go to a club where you pull up facing the drivers side.
Old 06-12-2009, 09:05 PM
Contributors

i am gonna find a good shop. wait it out for a few weeks. i need to get a new battery in my bike, new back tire, register it in fl. then i will purchase an ACS spoiler and do it all in one shot i guess. i really hope this doesnt cost over a grand. you know, i am such a baby about modding my car because i dont want to spend money. now i have to, and it could have been better spent.

well, i am not going to go out much anymore. i will be starting school full time soon around a full time career. also, my friend is coming back from iraq and moving in to my apartment. so between the GI bill and the extra rent money, i am looking at about $2300 a month extra cashflow! thankyou uncle sam and devin. i will stop spending money like they are filming a rap video around me in the clubs, and i will be alright. time to settle down, focus on school, fix my car, mod a bit.

maybe this scratch is a blessing in disguise.

i am REALLY trying to be optimistic about this. i dont know if i am buying half of the crap i just spewed. but i am trying
Old 06-12-2009, 09:13 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Titanium Gray 550i, Cold Weather Package, Premium Sound Package, Sport Package, Shadowline trim, Parking Distance Conrol, Xenon, Adaptive Headlight Control, Navigation System, Satellite

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='910145' date='Jun 13 2009, 12:05 AM
i am gonna find a good shop. wait it out for a few weeks. i need to get a new battery in my bike, new back tire, register it in fl. then i will purchase an ACS spoiler and do it all in one shot i guess. i really hope this doesnt cost over a grand. you know, i am such a baby about modding my car because i dont want to spend money. now i have to, and it could have been better spent.

well, i am not going to go out much anymore. i will be starting school full time soon around a full time career. also, my friend is coming back from iraq and moving in to my apartment. so between the GI bill and the extra rent money, i am looking at about $2300 a month extra cashflow! thankyou uncle sam and devin. i will stop spending money like they are filming a rap video around me in the clubs, and i will be alright. time to settle down, focus on school, fix my car, mod a bit.

maybe this scratch is a blessing in disguise.

i am REALLY trying to be optimistic about this. i dont know if i am buying half of the crap i just spewed. but i am trying
Sorry to hear what happened, Craig. Don't worry, it's fixable On the bright side, the E60 cling is looking good
Old 06-12-2009, 09:13 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 550i; Alpine White/Black Dakota/MSport/SAT/IAS/Driver Assistance/ConveniencePkg/Prem Pkg 2/4 Zone AC/Side-Top Cameras/HUD & Black panel/BMW Apps-iPhone 4 Media/M Decklid spolier /Ventureshiled clear bra/ V1 -Ordered 4/9/11, Production 4/19, Shipped on Martorell 4/23,Arrived Port Hueneme 5/19,Delivered 5/21/11

sucks..

but

lighten up

a few franklins and you will forget the whole episode.

BTW

move the bike to the other side of the garage.
Old 06-12-2009, 09:16 PM
Contributors

you guys really think it will only be a few hundred bucks? i am picturing them bringing the door and rear quarter down to bare metal, priming, painting.
Old 06-12-2009, 09:22 PM
Senior Members

$400 tops.

This happened to my car before except it wasn't me that did it, it was my idiot friend who decided to move the car while I had it parked on the street to get money from the ATM machine.. He moves the car like a few feet and rubs the cars side against a steel garbage bin and puts a deep scratch across the passenger door to rear quarter panel.
The body shop fixed it in one day by sanding and repainting and after it was finished it looked like nothing happened.
Old 06-12-2009, 10:01 PM
Members

Dude, relax! So you did something stupid, it happens. It's not the end of the world.

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='910089' date='Jun 12 2009, 09:07 PM
In my garage, backing in, handbrake of my motorcycle dug right into my paint down the rear quarter onto the back door. its deep. its not a scratch. it is trough the paint.

my car WAS flawless. now it is a peice of shit. i am shaking and it happened about half an hour ago. i told myself i was not going out tonight because i am a moron and spend a fortune when i go out. so much for that. a few hundred bucks is a mere nothing to the god knows how much this will cost.

i dont even want the car anymore.

i am so mad. i screamed the F word a few times so everyone in a 2 mile radius could hear me. my dirtbag neighbors prob think its funny because they are losers.

this is the worst day of my life... well, this year so far anyway.

i wish my car would just catch fire so i could get a new one.
Old 06-12-2009, 10:06 PM
Contributors

good luck with the repairs. when they are done with it you wont even know anything ever happened!
Old 06-12-2009, 10:26 PM
Contributors

i have been watching funny videos of people doing dumb stuff. these are worth a quick laugh. it is making me feel better.

thank you all for making me feel a little better. and thankyou youtube for making me feel better.

i was devistated earlier tonight. to me it was the end of the world. my neighbors give me crap (friendly crap) about how much i wax the car. it is my prized possession. i know when it is in the shop, i will be waiting by the phone like my child is in surgery. actually, my dog is my most important thing to me, then the car, then my guitar. car comes before the guitar because the guitar was only 1500 bucks.
Old 06-12-2009, 10:28 PM
Contributors

...i really need to make sure i get the wax out of the door handles better

Quick Reply: Well, i messed up my car