E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

the way E60 was meant to be

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2016, 11:14 AM
New Members

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: BMW 530xiT (E61)
Model Year: 2007

Originally Posted by Nikola Lefterov
So guys its really hard to read all of 72 pages,

So did this SPORT mode , make the automatic tranny shift faster or nop? Im talking about PRE-LCI , since I find pre-LCI ultimatly slow?
sadly, i have read most of the 72 pages at this point. general consensus is that it "feels" different/better on the pre-LCI E60/E61. supposedly it is an improvement even over the DS mode. i've not done it so i can't comment on my personal experience.
Old 03-10-2016, 11:46 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: bmw 535d e60 dpf off,egr off , custom exhaust

Im gona make it and I want them to put it on my button for voice commands, its pointless for me .
Old 07-11-2016, 07:52 PM
New Members

My Ride: 2006 525i
Model Year: 206

Originally Posted by myxyzxo
Does anyone know if this switch will work?

Bi-color Anti-vandal LED Switch, Push Button On/Off Switch

Hi do you have the part number for the blueish connector that connects to the sport button? I bought the button from a 550 and will fit it to my gearbox bezel.

Thanks
Old 03-06-2017, 01:21 AM
New Members

My Ride: E60 (LCI) M sport, Lane departure, Bluetooth, Xenons.
Model Year: 2008
Engine: M57
Default That SPORT button!!!

Originally Posted by leew88
On LCI you won't get S1-6 without flashing your EGS to the SAT firmware, I know because I've done the conversion myself. You get a 100% SAT mode after flashing ie throtte blip on manual downshift, and faster changes in SPORT mode. Without flash you just get heavier steering, when SPORT button is pressed
Can someone point me to the right direction please? I have an Z4 sport button - it has 5 wires (not sure why so many), but they don't look like they connect anything (I went trough them all with multimeter). Does anyone have a wiring diagram so I can hook it up to my manual LCI E60? I'd like the light to come up on the button and SPORT on the dash as well of course. I've got DIS, but never used it for coding - can some please tell me what to do? I am puzzled.

Many thanks.
Old 03-06-2017, 01:26 AM
New Members

Default Wiring...

Originally Posted by rattmobbins
I'm intrigued by this mod and will be trying it on my wife's new (to her) 530xiT after I pick it up on Saturday. I'll be using the Z4 sport button to retain an OEM look and will be interested to see if it really does something different than just kicking the tranny over to DS. I don't think I've ever driven any of the 4 BMWs I've owned over the years in D.
I was also going for a OEM look, but how did you hook up the Z4 button? Do you have wiring diagram by any chance?
Old 03-06-2017, 01:54 PM
Contributors

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: BMW
Model Year: 2006
Default Just a heads up!!

I did this mod on my car almost 2 years ago. Anyway, after doing it, I never really used it.

It gave a heavy steering on my car which made it annoying on city streets and especially in parking lots. It wasn't too bad, but a little more heavy than I would like.

My car is a base 525i with no active steering nor sport drive. Anyway I have been using it more often lately just to get used to it. However, one day I started losing power when starting from a stop and would hear a louder whining noise when I turn the steering wheel. I couldn't tell what was going on. Since the steering was affected, I checked and noticed that my steering fluid has leaked out. I couldn't find the source of the leak. Maybe if I look harder and take the underside panels out I would probably find it. I added more steering fluid and the noise (most likely from the steering pump) went away and my car had more power.

That was a few months ago. I stopped using the mod since then and my steering fluid is still at the proper level. I'm guessing that the added pressure that makes the heavy steering is not appropriate for the base options on my car.

Just letting you guys know of my experience. I'm guessing the cars with active steering and sport packages would probably be fine. But if you have those already, this mod is moot.
Old 03-07-2017, 01:46 PM
New Members

Originally Posted by balbs
I did this mod on my car almost 2 years ago. Anyway, after doing it, I never really used it.

It gave a heavy steering on my car which made it annoying on city streets and especially in parking lots. It wasn't too bad, but a little more heavy than I would like.

My car is a base 525i with no active steering nor sport drive. Anyway I have been using it more often lately just to get used to it. However, one day I started losing power when starting from a stop and would hear a louder whining noise when I turn the steering wheel. I couldn't tell what was going on. Since the steering was affected, I checked and noticed that my steering fluid has leaked out. I couldn't find the source of the leak. Maybe if I look harder and take the underside panels out I would probably find it. I added more steering fluid and the noise (most likely from the steering pump) went away and my car had more power.

That was a few months ago. I stopped using the mod since then and my steering fluid is still at the proper level. I'm guessing that the added pressure that makes the heavy steering is not appropriate for the base options on my car.

Just letting you guys know of my experience. I'm guessing the cars with active steering and sport packages would probably be fine. But if you have those already, this mod is moot.
It is possible, but I don't think that this button was really made for slow speeds...just push that button once you are up to speed and ready to have some fun on those twisties.
Old 03-07-2017, 01:48 PM
New Members

Originally Posted by Nikola Lefterov
Im gona make it and I want them to put it on my button for voice commands, its pointless for me .
Good idea, did you make it happen at the end..?
Old 03-07-2017, 01:50 PM
New Members

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535xi
Engine: n54

Just to help people.. you can actually code it so that the steering stiffness is speed dependenent. I've read others that have done it, I was trying to but couldn't... then when I asked how come I couldn't edit the file I realized because I was using the program to edit the file, and not a simple text editor to add in the extra duplicate lines. I have been way too lazy to hook it all up and code it, I changed the stiffness to factory stiffness, but kept the rest of the awesome features when the button is pressed.
Old 03-08-2017, 06:03 PM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 530i N52
Model Year: 2006
Engine: n52

can u code a pre lci????

Quick Reply: the way E60 was meant to be