E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

the way E60 was meant to be

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2012, 06:33 AM
Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kushane
So I maybe the first casualty trying this. Did everything last night and it doesn't work, and neither does my DCT button, power seats, and steering adjustment now. Thinking I have a loose connector or missed one altogether, but I double checked everything and still no bueno. I am sure I have the correct pins and didn't mess with anything else. Any ideas where I messed up?
When I was trying different things, i noticed that without all those plugs connected, the steering wheel didn't raise up and down when i put the key in the ignition. I believe the top left plug behind the fan speed dial is the one that caused the car to start making noises and wake up when I reconnected it.
Old 11-15-2012, 10:04 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Crckrjck
When I was trying different things, i noticed that without all those plugs connected, the steering wheel didn't raise up and down when i put the key in the ignition. I believe the top left plug behind the fan speed dial is the one that caused the car to start making noises and wake up when I reconnected it.
Thanks. going to take everything apart tonight and recheck - especially this particular connector.
Old 11-15-2012, 10:11 AM
Contributors

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: BMW
Model Year: 2006

Originally Posted by BLooD
The funny thing is I don`t have active steering only servotrinic and I get the heavy steering too.

Really?! Sweet! My car is not the sport model and just have servotronic as well. So with my car I should expect to have the heavier steering as well?

Also, what should I expect in:
DS mode shifting?
Auto mode gear changes?

Thanks!
Old 11-15-2012, 11:27 AM
Members

Originally Posted by balbs
Really?! Sweet! My car is not the sport model and just have servotronic as well. So with my car I should expect to have the heavier steering as well?

Also, what should I expect in:
DS mode shifting?
Auto mode gear changes?

Thanks!
Also curious if the dsc intervention thresholds are raised in Sport mode with dtc off. Probably wishful thinking, but sure would be nice..
Old 11-15-2012, 12:24 PM
Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

switch replaced and tucked away, but easily accessible

its the one to the left of the ashtray. The other dangling switch is the Sprint Booster button that I need to tuck back...
Attached Thumbnails the way E60 was meant to be-1353014627940.jpg  

Last edited by Crckrjck; 11-15-2012 at 12:29 PM. Reason: clarification
Old 11-15-2012, 01:58 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 530d

DTC? Why don't you have DSC? I thought DSC was standard on the 5....
Old 11-15-2012, 02:54 PM
Members

My Ride: 550i

Originally Posted by sanjsanj
DTC? Why don't you have DSC? I thought DSC was standard on the 5....
DTC is DSC. when press the dtc button, it only disables the traction control but keeps the dsc active. if you hold the dsc button, it disables both the dsc and dtc.
Old 11-15-2012, 04:18 PM
Members

My Ride: 98' 528i Manual07' 550i Sport

Well add another satisfied customer to this list. Many thanks to the OP. This changes the entire feel and response of the car. As the OP mentioned "like it was supposed to be". Many thanks to him for bringing this to light. This fixes every complaint i had about the throttle and gives you lots of other goodies for an E60 Auto W/ ARS.

Crckrjk : I think i used the same exact button (Radio Shack) but i drilled through where the sport button would normally be and placed it through. Looks fine for a permanent solution, though i will likely go with the OEM setup at some point.

In a previous thread someone asked about using the DS button and sport button. I think it will be one or the other because an auto was never supposed to receive this option (i think). So drive with the sport button, or drive with the DS.

Last edited by Only Bimmers; 11-15-2012 at 04:21 PM.
Old 11-15-2012, 04:46 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 530d

Originally Posted by twidge
DTC is DSC. when press the dtc button, it only disables the traction control but keeps the dsc active. if you hold the dsc button, it disables both the dsc and dtc.
AFAIK, cars with a DTC button have only DTC functionality. Cars with a DSC button have both DSC and DTC, and a short press disables DSC but keeps DTC on, whereas a long press disables both.

Last edited by sanjsanj; 11-15-2012 at 04:49 PM.
Old 11-15-2012, 08:53 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Only Bimmers
Well add another satisfied customer to this list. Many thanks to the OP. This changes the entire feel and response of the car. As the OP mentioned "like it was supposed to be". Many thanks to him for bringing this to light. This fixes every complaint i had about the throttle and gives you lots of other goodies for an E60 Auto W/ ARS.

Crckrjk : I think i used the same exact button (Radio Shack) but i drilled through where the sport button would normally be and placed it through. Looks fine for a permanent solution, though i will likely go with the OEM setup at some point.

In a previous thread someone asked about using the DS button and sport button. I think it will be one or the other because an auto was never supposed to receive this option (i think). So drive with the sport button, or drive with the DS.
my question is, is there an actual difference between DS and this sport button option? I know in DS the tranny holds gears longer in 1,2,and 3rd, people said this changes the tranny to shift faster?

Quick Reply: the way E60 was meant to be