E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Update on the requests

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2004, 02:45 PM
JDN
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PhilS' date='Jul 28 2004, 04:56 PM
IMO, three clicks aren't really enough for most lane change operations
You are absolutely right, Phil, IMO. That is why I initially programmed this feature off and have never looked back to reconsider.
Old 07-28-2004, 06:06 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

The turn signal variable is a good suggestion.

One other one I came up with on a recent trip was a to include a setting that turns on the low-beams whenever the wipers are being used (excluding a simple windshield wash).

In many states, its a law that headlights must be on when wipers are in use. My wife's Town & Country has that setting configurable in software -- why shouldn't we have it too?
Old 07-28-2004, 06:17 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2011 F10 528i - Imperial Blue, Oyster/Black, Premium, Premium 2, Cold Weather, Xenons.

Originally Posted by Rudy' date='Jul 28 2004, 08:06 PM
In many states, its a law that headlights must be on when wipers are in use.
This could be configured to use the inboard DRL. Since they are unutilized for most drivers anyway.
Old 07-28-2004, 06:21 PM
Super Moderator

That would work.

The only thing is that you wouldn't have any tail lights illuminated. Depending on the degree of rain, it wouldn't hurt to light the rear too.

Come to think of it, the Chrysler only lights the front headlamps and no parking or tail lights.

Either way, BMW could add it quite easily I imagine.
Old 07-29-2004, 09:31 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Rudy' date='Jul 21 2004, 08:53 AM
While we're on the subject of volume, you might as well add a request to lower the volume of the "memo" function.

I've tried turning down the volume as it's beeping but it doesn't seem to work.

Thanks!
I think they might have fixed this in version 12.2.

I heard mine go off two different times today and it was quite subdued compared to before. (Unless I'm completely imagining it -- which is entirely possible...)
Old 07-30-2004, 12:28 AM
Senior Members

How about being able to mute the alarm set beeps from the remote? I would suggest that by pressing the roundel and the front button that the beeps be muted when the alarm is set. When turning off the alarm, pressing the roundel and the rear button should mute the double beeps.

Sometimes when I get home late I don't like to disturb my neighbors.
Old 07-30-2004, 01:59 AM
Senior Members

without arguing that i believe 3 flicks is enough for a lane change (and not only bmw thinks so - the mb's do the same)
but
never mind that

the uK and europe have a *lot* of roundabouts - and 3 flicks is perfect (sometimes wish it was 2) to indicate movement thru an RA
Old 07-30-2004, 02:01 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Iceman' date='Jul 25 2004, 03:45 PM
[quote name='Flowerfred' date='Jul 25 2004, 11:29 PM'] To add to your list; I would like to be able to switch off ACC, so that it works as a regular CC. That shouldn't be to hard I recon..
That was number one on the first list and they were very interested in this input.
I got a couple calls from Munich - they ARE thinking about it very seriously !
It seemed like nobody in Munich was aware of the problem that the ACC can't be reduced to a regular CC by switchng the sensor off. [/quote]
i am amazed that they care about the ACC switching down to non-auto - or that they actually care about us at all, given the attitude they have about my garbage (not at all auto) basic-AutoAC and nonfunctioning TMC on busNav

why would they start to care now, Iceman?
Old 07-30-2004, 04:23 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

They don't start to care now, they allways did (in Munich). A lot of the things we discuss and want to request are on their to do list allready. But they can't do it all at the same time, they need to make the functions stable, that they don't crash. Little example is that software update 12, what disabled the RDS function on a lot of cars. So they try to fix one thing or bring a new feature, and then they have new problems they didn't thought about before. These machines seem to be way too complex.
Anyways...
They are and allways have been very interested in drivers input/feedback. And the more they get (for a specific feature) teh earlier it comes.
Some may never come and some may be on new models only... But they are definately trying to bring all the features a BMW driver wants.
I know they have a very long to do list and there is more stuff on it, than we are discussing here.
However...
Even if they wouldn't care about our input... What can we lose ? Nothing ! So I will continue sending the suggestions from this board via email to them.

Speaking about the ACC... They are aware that a lot of ppl are not buying it, because the sensor can't be shut off and it can't be used as a regular CC. Now this is about making more money, so they are trying to make this possible. We are not the only ones who requested this feature...
Old 07-30-2004, 05:42 AM
Senior Members

I appreciate that they care about new customers... just not existing ones

not trying to belabour this here, or hijack your otherwise helpful (but that is to other owners, and new owncers - certainly not to me!!) -- -- my case in point is me, wrt TMC and AC - they are not as advertised and not as promised by the dealers/salesmen... BMW says otherwise and will not discuss it.

So, i am stuck with something that i did not want
and didn't order
but they do not care

if they did they would do something.

Quick Reply: Update on the requests