E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Update on the requests

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2004, 10:50 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Iceman' date='Jul 20 2004, 10:12 AM
I don't think that's easy to do, maybe impossible.
But it's definately what you have to ask your dealer.
Just curious as to why you are attempting to reply for BMW? You offerred to forward requests for changes and that is good but giving out your own answers w/o forwarding user requests to BMW kinda defeats the purpose, don't you think?
Old 07-20-2004, 12:56 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by Jimbo' date='Jul 20 2004, 08:50 PM
[quote name='Iceman' date='Jul 20 2004, 10:12 AM'] I don't think that's easy to do, maybe impossible.
But it's definately what you have to ask your dealer.
Just curious as to why you are attempting to reply for BMW? You offerred to forward requests for changes and that is good but giving out your own answers w/o forwarding user requests to BMW kinda defeats the purpose, don't you think? [/quote]

Where did I said I'm not forwarding it ?

I'm just trying to give an idea of the answer I WILL get, because I don't want anybody to have too high expactations on this.

I've allready spent a lot of time on the phone with those guys and I sent a lot of emails, so I have a pretty good idea of what they'll answer.

But I didn't said I'm not going to forward it...

Or did I ?

Don't worry.
I'm not the manufacturer and I don't work for BMW (I wish I would ), so I have NO right in making decissions.
And if I'm getting tired of forwarding the requests made on this board I'll let you know, OK ?!
As long as I didn't tell you I'm not going to forward it anymore, I'm doing it. (just like the windows thing... I really think they will start laughing and will ask me if I would like to have a microwave in the car too...), but I'll forward it anyways, since I/WE have nothing to lose, right ?
The cars can only become better, but I don't want the ppl here to think that the stuff I sent as a request to BMW will be available asap. Maybe it'll never become available... But again, we have nothing to lose, so what ? I forward it.
As long as everybody understands I am just like anybody else here on this board, OK... I am just some lucky guy who knows ppl in Munich. So I can tell everybody that I can sent inputs/requests to BMW and it will be read by the right ppl. That's all...

OK ?

Sorry man, I didn't wanted to sound like the customer services.
Old 07-20-2004, 01:56 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Iceman, a quick FYI -- I don't have ACC but the space in the HUD is still used to display the set speed, etc. for the regular cruise control.

Also, as far as sending requests to BMW: My only worry -- and you would be the best judge of whether or not this is something to worry about -- is that you may bombard them with too many requests and they may start to treat your messages with less importance (especially if there are more "crazy" requests than "good" requests).

We don't want to mess up a good thing by overdoing it, do we?

(Note: I'm not calling anyone crazy or implying that I think any suggestions already made are crazy so don't flame me please! )
Old 07-20-2004, 02:14 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Rudy' date='Jul 20 2004, 11:56 PM
Iceman, a quick FYI -- I don't have ACC but the space in the HUD is still used to display the set speed, etc. for the regular cruise control.

Also, as far as sending requests to BMW: My only worry -- and you would be the best judge of whether or not this is something to worry about -- is that you may bombard them with too many requests and they may start to treat your messages with less importance (especially if there are more "crazy" requests than "good" requests).

We don't want to mess up a good thing by overdoing it, do we?

(Note: I'm not calling anyone crazy or implying that I think any suggestions already made are crazy so don't flame me please! )
Didn't know about the CC... Thanks!

Don't worry about, Rudy.
I've found a good way in explaining it and have several contacts.
They allready know I'm not the one who is making this requests, they know I am reading a message board and forward requests made. I am also not sending an email for everything, I mean just one email. I request a couple things in one email and make sure the stuff I rquest has something to do with each other. If I would send 10 emails and ask for features to be added on the nav, then they would probably start "not" reading it anymore.
BTW, I can be a real pain in the [Oooops!] when they don't react to my emails... So I will at least get a "we received it" from them...
I'm pretty sure I'll get my requests to the right ppl.
Old 07-21-2004, 04:29 AM
Members

Is it just me, or wouldn't it be nice to be able to turn the Park Distance Control volume down a bit. It really is a touch too loud. It's also a bit of a wuss and starts screaming and showing red way too soon in my view. Red out to be about 6 inches from the bumper, not two foot or thereabouts.

Thoughts?

James
Old 07-21-2004, 04:46 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by jamespratt' date='Jul 21 2004, 02:29 PM
Is it just me, or wouldn't it be nice to be able to turn the Park Distance Control volume down a bit. It really is a touch too loud. It's also a bit of a wuss and starts screaming and showing red way too soon in my view. Red out to be about 6 inches from the bumper, not two foot or thereabouts.

Thoughts?

James
I'm not having problems with the volume of the pdc.
Anyways, I am happy it is giving me the red area so early, it helps when backing up a little too fast

I will add on my next list - if that will become available I am pretty sure it will be a setting the dealer can/has to set, like the sensivity of the light sensor for the automated headlights. I guess...
Old 07-21-2004, 04:53 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

While we're on the subject of volume, you might as well add a request to lower the volume of the "memo" function.

I've tried turning down the volume as it's beeping but it doesn't seem to work.

Thanks!
Old 07-21-2004, 04:59 AM
Super Moderator

Oh... Good you mention it, that is really annoying. I used it for a while and turned it off because it's so loud. Also it's on or off, not going into the key memory (my wife never uses it, but I do/did, so having it in the key memory would be nice too)... But that might not be possible due to the limited capacity of the memory... It would definately help if the volume could be adjusted manually.
Old 07-21-2004, 05:13 AM
Members

Exclamation

Then again, maybe I've got the PDC set to 'Female Driver'.
Old 07-21-2004, 02:36 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Iceman' date='Jul 20 2004, 02:56 PM
Where did I said I'm not forwarding it ?
I need a BBQ in my trunk.

j/k

Thanks for helping out.

Quick Reply: Update on the requests