E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

t-boned e60...

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2006, 11:11 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 523iA, 2006, Silver Grey, Black Leatherette Interior, Fine-Wood Trim Poplar Grain Brown High-Gloss, 6 Speed Automatic Transmission with Steptronic, Automatic Air Conditioning with Extended Content, Interior and Exterior Mirrors with Automatic Anti-Dazzle Function (Incl. Folding Function for Exterior Mirror), Electric Front Seats with Memory for Driver, Multi-Function Steering Wheel with Cruise Control, Adjustable Steering Column, BMW Radio with 8 Speakers and CD Drive, Park Distance Control, Universal Bluetooth Cell Phone, Electric Rear Sunblind

I don't get why is everyone giving ImAzNUmKaY such a hard time. Ok, he made a mistake while driving, and so does eveyone (on different levels of course). Now his car is damaged, so try to show some sympathy instead of making it worse for him.

I am not being unethical here, but I was wondering: can't he report that the car was hit by an unknown car while parking ?
Old 04-13-2006, 12:24 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Shebs' post='268398' date='Apr 13 2006, 08:11 AM
I am not being unethical here, but I was wondering: can't he report that the car was hit by an unknown car while parking ?
Given that is a complete lie - I think you probably ARE being unethical

Obviously things are different around the world, but I for one think it's really strange that anyone wouldn't take the proper insurance route given the scale of the damage. It does make one wonder if this isn't the whole story and the damage was sustained in another way (street racing injury perhaps).

In an impact with sufficient speed to cause the damage shown in the photo's there is a real risk of more than superficial damage and the integrity / balance of the vehicles sub-frame HAS to be professionaly checked. This goes for the other vehicle as well.

Anyway..what's done is done and if he doesn't have the other parties details for some reason then he will just have to book it into the body shop and get it done right at his own cost.

Involving insurance now with some made up story is just further down the slippery slope not to mention illegal.

Do the right thing
Old 04-13-2006, 12:59 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 523iA, 2006, Silver Grey, Black Leatherette Interior, Fine-Wood Trim Poplar Grain Brown High-Gloss, 6 Speed Automatic Transmission with Steptronic, Automatic Air Conditioning with Extended Content, Interior and Exterior Mirrors with Automatic Anti-Dazzle Function (Incl. Folding Function for Exterior Mirror), Electric Front Seats with Memory for Driver, Multi-Function Steering Wheel with Cruise Control, Adjustable Steering Column, BMW Radio with 8 Speakers and CD Drive, Park Distance Control, Universal Bluetooth Cell Phone, Electric Rear Sunblind

Originally Posted by needforspeed' post='268416' date='Apr 13 2006, 10:24 AM
Given that is a complete lie - I think you probably ARE being unethical

Obviously things are different around the world, but I for one think it's really strange that anyone wouldn't take the proper insurance route given the scale of the damage. It does make one wonder if this isn't the whole story and the damage was sustained in another way (street racing injury perhaps).

In an impact with sufficient speed to cause the damage shown in the photo's there is a real risk of more than superficial damage and the integrity / balance of the vehicles sub-frame HAS to be professionaly checked. This goes for the other vehicle as well.

Anyway..what's done is done and if he doesn't have the other parties details for some reason then he will just have to book it into the body shop and get it done right at his own cost.

Involving insurance now with some made up story is just further down the slippery slope not to mention illegal.

Do the right thing
I know that it is unethical and when I said I am not being unethical I meant that I am not advising him to lie. The idea just came to my mind and I wanted to know: is it possible or not ? I mean if someone really insists that his car was hit while parking (I know it is a lie, and I am not advising him to say this ), how can the police or the insurance company prove the opposite?
Old 04-13-2006, 01:09 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Shebs' post='268428' date='Apr 13 2006, 09:59 AM
I know that it is unethical and when I said I am not being unethical I meant that I am not advising him to lie. The idea just came to my mind and I wanted to know: is it possible or not ? I mean if someone really insists that his car was hit while parking (I know it is a lie, and I am not advising him to say this ), how can the police or the insurance company prove the opposite?
He will know .... and the lie will always haunt him ....

Seriously, you are right, he could do this, but in the UK at least a fraudulent insurance claim is a criminal offence. Don't know HOW anyone would find out, but it they did he could be 'hip deep in pigsh*t".
Old 04-13-2006, 03:32 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 05 530 Titanium Silver/Sexy black

Originally Posted by Shebs' post='268398' date='Apr 13 2006, 03:11 AM
I don't get why is everyone giving ImAzNUmKaY such a hard time. Ok, he made a mistake while driving, and so does eveyone (on different levels of course). Now his car is damaged, so try to show some sympathy instead of making it worse for him.

Sounds like a great idea to me