E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

No more seat belt sound

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 05:23 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535i

Originally Posted by Percy_991
Unfortunately, when BMW decided to integrate the sealtbelt chime into their cars, they did not design the system around your exact requirements and who you 'personally know' ProMed. They obviously considered many variables and decided that the chime alert system, (that signals an alert should the sealbelts not be worn during transit), was the best option to go for. In theory, if the driver adheres to basic passenger / own safety by using the seatbelt system then the alert system should not go off all the time; only when required so not causing you an 'inconvenience'. This is part of BMW's duty of care to help safeguard those who travel in their vehicles should the worse happen.

Putting your seatbelt on may be obvious to you ProMed, but unfortunately BMW had to look at a wider demographic than just yourself. A few examples may include, older passengers, children and passengers with physical and learning disabilities. Now as the driver, you should be responsible to make sure everyone has their belt on. However, what if your passenger initially put on their belt, but during the journey released it. It could be a child not knowing better, an passenger pressing the release mechanism by mistake or someone knowingly taking it off. Now, the chime system will alert you to this; this putting information your way to decipher and take the necessary course of action. An audioable alert combined with a visual alert is more likely to get your attention. Would you not rather have this information? I know I would.

ProMed, it may be an idea for you to familiarize yourself with the entire thread before posting un-contextualy. However, if you are familiar with the wider thread then please try to digest this before posting a knee-jerk and frankly, a flat response.
lol, did you really just use children, elderly, and the handicapped to rationalize an annoying seat belt dummy alert? Too bad the seat belt alarm doesn't cover the back seat where kids usually sit huh? Where do you draw the line before personal responsibility takes over?

Are you on of the few who can also rationalize all of the speed cameras and cctv cams on every corner in London and many other major cities in England?
Old 04-21-2011, 05:51 PM
Members

Originally Posted by ProMed
So because you have one idiot friend, you are cool with having to hear a chime every time you crank the car? btw- if he doesn't respect you enough to wear a seat belt in your car, as you would like him to do, maybe he isn't a very good friend?
Theres always one that wants to be a hero! turn it in mate, bottom line is wear ya seat belt, and if ya too dumb to forget the chime will remind ya... END OFF!! pass it on
Old 04-21-2011, 07:28 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by d4rkchocolate
Theres always one that wants to be a hero! turn it in mate, bottom line is wear ya seat belt, and if ya too dumb to forget the chime will remind ya... END OFF!! pass it on
Being responsible for my own actions makes me a hero? Sweet.
Old 04-21-2011, 08:56 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 530d MSport Auto, 19" 172 Spiders on ContiSports 2's, Pro Nav, Adaptive Xenons, Bruce M's V6 Rear LCI Cables/Lights, Number plate LED

lol, did you really just use children, elderly, and the handicapped to rationalize an annoying seat belt dummy alert? Too bad the seat belt alarm doesn't cover the back seat where kids usually sit huh? Where do you draw the line before personal responsibility takes over?

Are you on of the few who can also rationalize all of the speed cameras and cctv cams on every corner in London and many other major cities in England?
If you were to take your head out of your arse for long enough you would have read that I used children, elderly passengers and mentally and physically disabled front seat passengers as examples to highlight my point; not rationalise the system. The point was that there are many considerations that would have been taken by BMW to implement, as you put it the "annoying seat belt dummy alert". I guess this point and indeed this thread has been lost on you. I am sure that if the system was available in the rear seats people such as yourself would be complaining about that too. As a driver, I strongly believe it is your responsibility to ensure you do everything in your power and control to ensure the safety of your passengers, yourself and other motorists and pedestrians. If you re-read the thread, analyse, digest and attempt to come out with a half decent response, perhaps ill-conceived products, that initiated the debate within this thread, would never go-to-market. Clearly you are unable to partake in intellectual debate as your stereotypical response to "speed cameras on every corner in London and other major cities in England" goes some way to highlight your ignorance. If you have ever visited London, (which you probably have not to make such a flawed sweeping statement), you will not find speed cameras on every corner. Quite the contrary, as many cameras are being taken down in the UK 's major cities and towns. But I am sure the demonstration of your simple thought process and inability to engage in robust debate would have you believe everyone in the UK knows the Queen, drinks tea, wears top hats and call each other "Sir".

On an ending note, I do apologise if you need to use a dictionary to look up some of the words I have used. I have tried to keep my response to a minimum in the hope that you will be able to process this without much pain. There is no need for you to attempt to coin a response together as you will just reinforce your ignorance and perhaps hurt your head in the process.
Old 04-22-2011, 03:09 AM
Members

If you were to take your head out of your arse for long enough you would have read that I used children, elderly passengers and mentally and physically disabled front seat passengers as examples to highlight my point; not rationalise the system. The point was that there are many considerations that would have been taken by BMW to implement, as you put it the "annoying seat belt dummy alert". I guess this point and indeed this thread has been lost on you. I am sure that if the system was available in the rear seats people such as yourself would be complaining about that too. As a driver, I strongly believe it is your responsibility to ensure you do everything in your power and control to ensure the safety of your passengers, yourself and other motorists and pedestrians. If you re-read the thread, analyse, digest and attempt to come out with a half decent response, perhaps ill-conceived products, that initiated the debate within this thread, would never go-to-market. Clearly you are unable to partake in intellectual debate as your stereotypical response to "speed cameras on every corner in London and other major cities in England" goes some way to highlight your ignorance. If you have ever visited London, (which you probably have not to make such a flawed sweeping statement), you will not find speed cameras on every corner. Quite the contrary, as many cameras are being taken down in the UK 's major cities and towns. But I am sure the demonstration of your simple thought process and inability to engage in robust debate would have you believe everyone in the UK knows the Queen, drinks tea, wears top hats and call each other "Sir".

On an ending note, I do apologise if you need to use a dictionary to look up some of the words I have used. I have tried to keep my response to a minimum in the hope that you will be able to process this without much pain. There is no need for you to attempt to coin a response together as you will just reinforce your ignorance and perhaps hurt your head in the process.

+1
Old 04-22-2011, 06:19 AM
Contributors

Poor guy, sounds like you took my response personal so now you must revert to personal attacks to validate yourself. Since you are someone who likes to hold yourself in such high regard, I'm surprised at your inability to realize that discussion board topics evolve and this thread is no longer about the crappy product mentioned in the first post. If you are cool with the seat belt dummy chime tht is great, at the very least I would like to have a button to be able to shut it off.

By comparison to almost every other country on the planet London does in fact have both speed cameras and cctv cameras on every corner. Have you already rationalized this fact so much that you honestly feel this is just a stereotype? The UK in it's entirety is slightly smaller than the state of Oregon, a quick google search shows that in 2011 there are around 6,000 speed cams and 1-2 MILLION cctv cameras. Stereotype? I see now why you excluded cctv's from your response and focused solely on speed cams... lmao!
Old 04-22-2011, 06:46 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 530d MSport Auto, 19" 172 Spiders on ContiSports 2's, Pro Nav, Adaptive Xenons, Bruce M's V6 Rear LCI Cables/Lights, Number plate LED

Poor guy, sounds like you took my response personal so now you must revert to personal attacks to validate yourself. Since you are someone who likes to hold yourself in such high regard, I'm surprised at your inability to realize that discussion board topics evolve and this thread is no longer about the crappy product mentioned in the first post. If you are cool with the seat belt dummy chime tht is great, at the very least I would like to have a button to be able to shut it off.

By comparison to almost every other country on the planet London does in fact have both speed cameras and cctv cameras on every corner. Have you already rationalized this fact so much that you honestly feel this is just a stereotype? The UK in it's entirety is slightly smaller than the state of Oregon, a quick google search shows that in 2011 there are around 6,000 speed cams and 1-2 MILLION cctv cameras. Stereotype? I see now why you excluded cctv's from your response and focused solely on speed cams... lmao!
The top three words that spring to mind after reading your response ProMed:

[1] Hilarious
[2] Contradictory
[3] Ill-conceived

As I predicted in my last post, any future response by yourself would only add to the notion that this post was lost on you. Thank you for reinforcing this. Although I appreciate and advocate the evolution of posts, your involvement has digressed and diluted the topic from one of safety to one of personal attack and ignorance on your part. This is not evolution this is regression. Your latest response has just added to this notion. Surely, you must be embarrassed by your flawed, weak and flat responses you have posted. Not just to myself but also to other members on this post.

Please do carry on with your responses, as these will serve as a source of entertainment to members. This post will now serve as a showcase to your ignorance ProMed; the stage is all yours.
Old 04-22-2011, 06:51 AM
Contributors

The top three words that spring to mind after reading your response ProMed:

[1] Hilarious
[2] Contradictory
[3] Ill-conceived

As I predicted in my last post, any future response by yourself would only add to the notion that this post was lost on you. You have just reinforced this. Although I appreciate and advocate the evolution of posts, your involvement has digressed and diluted the topic from one of safety to one of personal attack and ignorance on your part. This is not evolution this is regression. Your latest response has just added to this notion. Surely, you must be embarrassed by your flawed, weak and flat responses you have posted. Not just to myself but also to other members on this post.

Please do carry on with your responses, as these will serve as a source of entertainment to members. This post will now serve as a showcase to your ignorance ProMed; the floor is all yours.
That is another great personal attack, let me know whenever you decide to debate the seat belt dummy chime you are so fond of for some reason.
Old 04-22-2011, 06:57 AM
Senior Members

That is another great personal attack, let me know whenever you decide to debate the seat belt dummy chime you are so fond of for some reason.

Cant wait for the encore!
Old 04-22-2011, 06:58 AM
Contributors

Cant wait for the encore!
still waiting...

Quick Reply: No more seat belt sound